Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Wildwood rangers should have been anti-infantry?

jormcbeath2jormcbeath2 Registered Users Posts: 21
Since Wildwood Rangers don't have a real porpouse as of now in the game, being that Asrai Spears have pretty much the same role and are cheaper, I started testing them on custome battle.

When I was waiting for the battle to load I noticed that on the unit specifications, on the loading screen, Wildwood Rangers are described as Anti-Infantry rather than Anti-Large, which is what they are right now.

So, this got me thinking. Maybe they were supposed to be anty-infantry but someone got the wrong stat on them.

I think this makes sense, since there are too many anti-large units on their roster and no way of countering infantry with infantry.

I think this would give them some purpouse. That would make them some kind of "Greatswords" comparative on the Wood Elves roster.

Hope this helps :D
Post edited by CA_Will#2514 on
Tagged:

Comments

• KhorneFlakesKhorneFlakes Registered Users Posts: 4,003
    check the hotfix

• wingren013wingren013 Registered Users Posts: 1,084
    Wildwood Rangers are anti-monster troops on the TT while Spear Wardancers would be anti-infantry. The problem is that in TW all spears are ant-large weapons for consistency.
  • ODM_EmptythoughtODM_Emptythought France, ParisRegistered Users Posts: 671
    edited December 2016

check the hotfix

The hotfix doesn't fix this error. I think the error is just the unit card that appears in the loading screens. The wildwood rangers were probably intented to be anti-large. Just a typo.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I live in France.... I like animes, mangas, greek/egyptian and roman culture (antiquity + mythology). I usually play Total Warhammer or Battlefleet Gothic and sometimes Vermintide.
    I play almost exclusively MP though 1 or 2 campaigns from time to time can't hurt ;).

• TheRainbowDwarfTheRainbowDwarf Registered Users Posts: 441
    edited December 2016
    Well, considering the massive stat buff they got they are going to be nasty against infantry anyway, and since the buff wasn't anti-infantry they got even better against large. They are going to be an excellent multi-role unit I think.
  • SaphironSaphiron Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 827
    They actually got more AP then intended. Right now they kill a chosen unit one on one.

Even after the fix they'll be mean, right now they're gods.
  • WingZero#8424WingZero#8424 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 835
    Wtf theyre way too strong now
    ''The difficulty of tactical maneuvering consists in turning the devious into the direct, and misfortune into gain.
    -Sun Tzu

"Tolerance, Diversity, Strength"
    - Seleucid

Team Chaos Dwarf
  • SaphironSaphiron Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 827
    Wing Zero said:

Wtf theyre way too strong now

Yeah CA says it was a mistake. They have 47 AP instead of like 32.

They blend chosen without any effort.
  • SaurianDruid#4682SaurianDruid#4682 Registered Users Posts: 1,723
    In the lore the rangers are dedicated monster slayers. Their entire purpose is to hunt and slay the angry forest spirits that are locked up in the Wildwood and ensure they don't break out and murder the wood elves. When they join an army they seek out the monstrous units of the enemy and hack them to pieces.

They should definitely be designed with slaying monsters in mind over infantry.
  • HeroofRome1HeroofRome1 Member Registered Users Posts: 1,622

In the lore the rangers are dedicated monster slayers. Their entire purpose is to hunt and slay the angry forest spirits that are locked up in the Wildwood and ensure they don't break out and murder the wood elves. When they join an army they seek out the monstrous units of the enemy and hack them to pieces.

They should definitely be designed with slaying monsters in mind over infantry.

Yep, they are meant to be able to bring down monsters, but are also hardy in a scrap as well.
    Team Rome, Team Byzantium, Team Dwarfs, Team Empire, Team Bretonnia Team Grim, Team elf slayers, Team Belegar.