Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Morghur the Shadowgave: Bugged or Overpowered Regen/Leadership

OMGNINJASOMGNINJAS Registered Users Posts: 6
I just had my first online battle and it was a great fight. It was a fight until the very end and I was able to overwhelm and deal with all four chaos spawn summons... the problem is I had:

1 half health Wildwood Ranger squad
1 half health Tree Kin squad
3 semi-healthy Glade guard squads(low ammo)
Over half health Glade Lord on a Forest Dragon (cycle charging and using abilities as much as possible)

All of this could not overwhelm ONLY Shadowgave left on the field. His leadership would not break, his health never fell below 50%. This went on for over four solid minutes until he wore down all five of my remaining squads and then proceeded to kill my dragon-riding lord for the win, by himself.

I have the replay file available for review and will email this immediately to a quality assurance member or forum moderator.

Comments

• KhorneFlakesKhorneFlakes Registered Users Posts: 3,373
    he is broken,if anyone says hes ok is a fanboy of him....regen,high health pool,75% missile and magic resistance....can spawn 4 chaos spawn wile killing 2 of your units at 20% and all that for only 2000

Balance Is A Lie

• MadDemiurgMadDemiurg Registered Users Posts: 2,575
    edited December 2016
    I didn't watch the replay, but most of the units you listed do magic damage and unfortunately Morghur is near immune to magic. That's quite a problem for WE, you need some specific units to deal with him.

And yes, he's OP. Not unbeatable, but OP. You want to take him out ASAP unless you want to deal with 4 extra chaos spawn. Then again, maybe beastmen need OP to be viable now.

Team Daemons of Chaos

Team Skaven

Team Orcs & Goblins

• MrMecHMrMecH Registered Users Posts: 2,288
    edited December 2016
    I see in loading details. He have unbreakable trait but not show in unit sheet. I think it fit with the lore that he is unbreakable like his chaos spawn army.

A bit OP but I don't care because I'm Beastmen fanboys. lol

SHUT UP GIVE US GHORGON!!!!!

• SaurianDruidSaurianDruid Registered Users Posts: 1,083
    Morghur isn't unbreakable. I routed him in the campaign when he assaulted the Oak of Ages with a combo of Durthu, a branchwraith, and some dryads and treekin.

Actually killing him after he routed was the hard part. I had to keep cycle charging him with wild riders until I could mob him with enough dryads to keep in him place so Durthu and the branchwraith could kill him.

Unless unbreakable is an ability he gets at a higher level anyway.
  • OMGNINJASOMGNINJAS Registered Users Posts: 6
    Considering what I paid for the Glade Lord on the Dragon Mount (2300+ perhaps?), the 1050 for the Wildwood Rangers, the 900 for Treekin. At one point I snared him with the 22% reduction in ranged defense and unloaded on him with my remaining glade guards (two squads had some ammo) only to see his regeneration outpace the damage. I understand hes a strong HQ but to take a beating for 4+ minutes on his own while being charged in the rear by a dragon lord and engaged by two elite squads should have at least cracked his leadership (IMO).
  • SeldkamSeldkam Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,342
    He makes durthu look like a joke which is kinda hard to do, considering durthu is very good in certain matchups...

I haven't used him cause I don't have the beastmen dlc but maybe that's why we would need wildwood rangers and war dancers with asrai spears...
    The inferior races of this world will be crushed one by one, as our armies move from shore to shore, and hill to hill, and city to city-- and each of their cries will be as music to our ears, for we are the Druchii.
  • TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 12,055
    I don't see Morghur's supreme magic resistance justifiable by the lore either, considering an the Mage Queen Ariel had an much easier time beating Morghur then Orion with his mighty spear.

http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Ariel#The_Corruption_of_Morghur
  • Thorien_KellThorien_Kell Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,529
    edited December 2016
    There are lords resistant to melee and we got used to it : this lord is resistant to everything BUT melee, personally I don't see the big problem, just maul him down with your own deathsquad or hard hitting elite units, after you take down the bullbros. This guy is definitely a refreshment after malagor made of glass who died in each battle in first minutes.

Beasties need buffs, it's just that they gain them in weirdest places. Btw those harpies seem quite useful fliers.
    I'm not sure yet about morghur haven't fought against him yet. The Regen is probably the one thing that would need to go down a bit since he can keep the uniqueness of high magic and missile resistance.
    The inferior races of this world will be crushed one by one, as our armies move from shore to shore, and hill to hill, and city to city-- and each of their cries will be as music to our ears, for we are the Druchii.
  • TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 12,055
    @Thorien Kell looks like CA was trying too hard to make Morghur the bane of the Wood Elves.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • VindicareXVindicareX Registered Users Posts: 68
    edited December 2016
    Kinda nice to have a stupidly strong Lord on a usually pretty weak faction.
    - He's clearly better than the other lords with the possible exception of malagor.

Almost like payback vs. all the flying goon squads plaguing Multiplayer.
    Beastmen are probably quite a bit better than they were considering the buffs, buttes I didn't have too hard a time in the mini campaign in the last battle. It was on hard, did it first time just baaaaarely tho.

Point is: he took a ton of damage from wild riders and war dancers.
  • OMGNINJASOMGNINJAS Registered Users Posts: 6
    It seems he has a "Transmutation Aura" that gets worn down and you have an opportunity to attack while it recharges. Any attempts at ranged or magical damage is best spent elsewhere. Does anyone know how to visibly see when this aura is on cooldown?

Also, the Wardancers do perform quite well against him. Throw in a damage buff, (Durthu can take Wissen's Wild Form, which can now be overcast for an AOE effect) and that has also helped.
  • SaphironSaphiron Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 827
    Just fill him full of arrows, he'll get cut to ribbons pretty quick.

A few units of mounted archers with skirmish will make short work of him.
  • KhorneFlakesKhorneFlakes Registered Users Posts: 3,373
    Saphiron said:

Just fill him full of arrows, he'll get cut to ribbons pretty quick.

A few units of mounted archers with skirmish will make short work of him.

umm..??? no

Balance Is A Lie

• RiggsenRiggsen Member Registered Users Posts: 2,607
    Morghur has 75% missile resistance, half a dozen skirmish cav would run out of ammo and not kill him
    "CA WHY U NU UNPOOP GAME" (Dank TW meme of 2011)
    Best unit to take him out for WE is wild riders in my test (a fresh unit kills him really fast). 2nd best is sword dancers.

Team Daemons of Chaos

Team Skaven

Team Orcs & Goblins

• MukipMukip Registered Users Posts: 595
    I've seen this several times. Not dying when he's last guy left on the field. His durability needs looking at.
  • MukipMukip Registered Users Posts: 595

Best unit to take him out for WE is wild riders in my test (a fresh unit kills him really fast). 2nd best is sword dancers.

There typically aren't any fresh units at the end of a match.
    edited December 2016
    Mukip said:

There typically aren't any fresh units at the end of a match.
    Yeah that's why you probably need to focus on taking him out early rather than later. Had problems with killing him at the end of the match myself.

Team Daemons of Chaos

Team Skaven

Team Orcs & Goblins

• TheRainbowDwarfTheRainbowDwarf Registered Users Posts: 441
    I think most people consider him OP right now. We can probably expect him to be nerfed to be no longer auto-choose (which he is right now) in the next patch when the next batch of Beastmen buffs gets decided.