Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Lesser-spotted unit feedback

13»

Comments

• RiggsenRiggsen Member Registered Users Posts: 2,607
    edited December 2016
    daelin4 said:

Call me crazy, but I always took miners to be Dwarf equivalent to Goblins, never bother using them.

Goblins can be useful in some matchups, especially vs WE due to their silver shields. Miners can be useful when you expect heavy armoured infantry (eg Dawi mirrors or vs Chaos) and you can get them in a flank.
    Post edited by Riggsen on
    "CA WHY U NU UNPOOP GAME" (Dank TW meme of 2011)
  • Wing ZeroWing Zero Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 827
    Riggsen said:

daelin4 said:

Call me crazy, but I always took miners to be Dwarf equivalent to Goblins, never bother using them.

Goblins can be useful in some matchups, especially vs WE due to their silver shields. Miners can be useful when you expect heavy armoured infantry (eg Dawi mirrors or vs Chaos) and you can get them in a flank.
    How do you tell which units have what type of shields.
    ''The difficulty of tactical maneuvering consists in turning the devious into the direct, and misfortune into gain.
    -Sun Tzu

"Tolerance, Diversity, Strength"
    - Seleucid

Team Chaos Dwarf
  • ITA_Vae_VictisITA_Vae_Victis Senior Member ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 1,649
    Wing Zero said:

Riggsen said:

daelin4 said:

How do you tell which units have what type of shields.
    There is an icon beside the Armour value (either a Bronze or Silver shield).
  • TeNoSkillTeNoSkill Registered Users Posts: 2,873
    Goblins are better than miners
  • DiplomattDiplomatt Senior Member Preston, UKRegistered Users Posts: 1,136
    It seems like everyone has forgotten that goblins have absolutely awful leadership and will run away at anything whilst miners will stay in combat forever
    [WOLF]Diplomatt

Moderator of www.reddit.com/r/totalwar
  • RiggsenRiggsen Member Registered Users Posts: 2,607
    edited December 2016
    Yeah goblins pretty much *need* chevrons, miners are ok out of the box. One's not better than the other, they both suck but they're cheap and have uses.
    "CA WHY U NU UNPOOP GAME" (Dank TW meme of 2011)
  • MukipMukip Registered Users Posts: 596
    edited December 2016
    I'll add more of my thoughts since this thread is still up and I've played a ton more matches.

Witch Hunter
    He has poor range and accuracy on his pistol and accusation isn't having enough of an impact for his price. I'd maybe give him some more armour since he is standing out in the open a lot.

I'd go +10 armour, +accuracy ,+Accusation ability damage or maybe add some damage resistance penalty onto it too

Warrior Priest
    Not sure if this unit is rare in general since I use the priest occasionally. Regardless, I think he'd be better as a more defensive hero providing buffs. He dies very quickly when targeted by enemy heroes and he's mainly there to provide buffs so his low armour and aggressive melee attack/defence stats don't suit him. He stats should be more like a mini-Arch Lector. Maybe downgrade his melee attack stats and buff his melee defence instead. Having lowered melee attack might actually give us an incentive to buy the Hammer of Sigmar ability. He is very lightly armoured for a character that typically wears heavy armour in the tabletop and is visually heavily armoured.

My view: +40 armour, -15 melee attack, +20 melee defence, -4 charge bonus

Great Eagle
    It's going to need a cost reduction of stat increase to justify itself since it's a rather poor fighter and gets beaten by almost everything.

Sisters of the Thorn
    This unit is good but it's abilities start on cooldown. There's not always time for them to make their mark with spell abilities.