Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Did Fell Bats get buffed?

GreyKnightDantesGreyKnightDantes Registered Users Posts: 282
edited December 2016 in General Discussion
I'm asking because when I had my Hero w/ Dragon and 2 hawk riders face up against 3 fell bats.....I'm going to be honest...my hawk riders got messed up hard....and my dragon, despite having large dmg potential, took way longer to take down those bats....

i mean....for their price they are really killing my WE anti-vampire build when facing VC....
==========================================================================================

"Burn! Burn with the fires of Change! Scream your hymns to Tzeentch!"
-Tal'gatha the Fallen

Post edited by BillyRuffian#6250 on

Comments

• FifthOfSpaghettiFifthOfSpaghetti Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    I think eagle riders are just garbage as a whole, and that the dragon causes splash damage, so it may not be good against other flying creatures
  • GreyKnightDantesGreyKnightDantes Registered Users Posts: 282
    edited December 2016
    which dosen't seem to make sense as Bats only do 18 non-ap dmg and have an MA of only 14.....and for only 350 gold...

Hawks should atleast have been decent in those 1v1 engagements...
    ==========================================================================================

-Tal'gatha the Fallen

• GreyKnightDantesGreyKnightDantes Registered Users Posts: 282
    edited December 2016
    In the Hawks stats, they do around MELEE 45 dmg w/ AP, with a 24 MA and have higher HP pool...

-Tal'gatha the Fallen

• ODM_EmptythoughtODM_Emptythought France, ParisRegistered Users Posts: 671
    Bats have 48 melee defence which makes them quite tanky. Hawks/eagles are trash tier in MP anyways.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I live in France.... I like animes, mangas, greek/egyptian and roman culture (antiquity + mythology). I usually play Total Warhammer or Battlefleet Gothic and sometimes Vermintide.
    I play almost exclusively MP though 1 or 2 campaigns from time to time can't hurt ;).

• DavielebbDavielebb Registered Users Posts: 792
    i tired the WE flyers and found them to be garbage, the eagle especially, for some reason if you put a hero on an eagle like a spellsinger, they do really cool animations that disrupt infantry really well but thats about it, only time i use them is when a lookout in campaign is attacked then i just have my army in the forest and use the flyers as bait to pull their army right by the forest and charge out to hit their weak archers or artillery units, works a charm, the riders are better in melee for tying up enemy archers thats about it, would never take them in an army
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 7,471
    Eagle Riders are handy to disrupt artillery that's left undefended, and the occasional swoop down on an unsuspecting armoured unit from behind as they have armour-piercing, but that's about all.

My issue with the WE in general is they have a lot of pants units and a few just good ones. Can't think of a single unit they have that I would say "Yes, this is one of the best units of it's type in the game". Even the skirmishers aren't especially impressive.
    For in spite of all temptations. To belong to other nations. He remains an Englishman.