Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

No Love for Orion?

GreyKnightDantesGreyKnightDantes Registered Users Posts: 282
Is it me or does no one, and like i mean NO ONE, use Orion in MP? Like, i've played around 25 matches against WE and I've yet to see anyone use him at all...

Seeing as I don't play alot of WE, does anyone know why?
==========================================================================================

"Burn! Burn with the fires of Change! Scream your hymns to Tzeentch!"
-Tal'gatha the Fallen

Comments

• Combat_WombatCombat_Wombat Registered Users Posts: 4,092
    Glade lords and Durthu just have way more advantages to bringing them.
  • Commissar_G#7535Commissar_G#7535 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,771
    His ranged attack is too slow and too short ranged.
    MarcusLivius: You are indeed a lord of entitlement.
  • WalrusWalrus Senior Member BrazilRegistered Users Posts: 1,104

Is it me or does no one, and like i mean NO ONE, use Orion in MP? Like, i've played around 25 matches against WE and I've yet to see anyone use him at all...

Seeing as I don't play alot of WE, does anyone know why?

I won one battle as Orion against Clan Angrund. He is a good lord against Dwarfs, because of his free magic attacks. Wait until they blob and go crazy on them. Also, he has a lot of armor piercing damage. My only complaint about him is his very low armor. Maybe he could get a buff to health, he takes almost full damage from non armor piercing lords/monsters.
  • BerliozBerlioz ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 216
    @Walrus he is good in that particular Match up..maybe due to clan angrund's ethereal heroes,dwarves's magic resistance makes his damage output mediocre

Howeverer i rarely pick orion because he has no healing so you are forced to bring lore of life,and other than that..

the female glade lord has : potions+Net+Arrow of kurnous

Durthu has: lore of beasts+his 2 personal abilities +he's a monster in melee+phisycal resistance (+flame weakness)

Orion is also considered a large unit,this way cannons and ranged troops have much more accuracy against him

The only good things about him are those 2 free/unlimited magic abilities
  • psychoakpsychoak Registered Users Posts: 3,414
    Orion's best use is as a high level troop buffer due to the previously mentioned flaws in using him in a combat role, and the epic nature of those buffs. Those don't actually exist in custom battles, so there goes the neighborhood...

You can get a vanilla lord riding a dragon for about the same cost as Orion.