Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Spider Riders climbing

CABias2ElvesCABias2Elves Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 614
Would it be awesome if Spider riders could climb fort walls? It would be absolutely fantastic to see a bunch of spiders swarm a wall and start attacking the inside of a base. Would it be a balance issue to have spider riders do this? Plus I wouldn't see why not? They are spiders! :D

Comments

• RaveledRaveled Registered Users Posts: 63
    Aren't spider riders ranged cav? Why would you want them going up the wall anyway?
  • Combat_WombatCombat_Wombat Registered Users Posts: 4,092
    Raveled said:

Aren't spider riders ranged cav? Why would you want them going up the wall anyway?

There is a melee version.

Sure this idea would actually make sense. Now the real question whether we should let Arachnaroks do the same
  • MrRaTmAnMrRaTmAn Registered Users Posts: 181
    Actually, I think it's a great idea. Spider cav always derps in siege battles anyways, so maybe this would make for some interesting new tactics. Not like I hope for much. Siege battles are one big fail anyways atm hurr durr
    ca pls fix
  • RaveledRaveled Registered Users Posts: 63
    The problem with letting Arachnaroks do it is that they have a much bigger footprint than anything else. If they get up on the walls, they'd take up both 'lanes' at minimum.
    Big legs, let units run under it. Alternatively it could just continue all the way over until its behind the wall justas an automatic action.
  • OmuthOmuth Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 246
    Love the idea! the imagery would be awesome.
    If not to heaven, then hand in hand to hell.
    I played peekaboo with a spider once. I imagine in this scenario it would be less cute and more mandibles to the face. Cavalry really have nothing to do but get shot to death outside the walls so this might make the Greenskins a little more useable especially against those pesky stunties. Spider riders make up most of the armies I fight against anyway. I saw Grimgor wandering around once with 6 giants, 3 trolls, a single unit of gobos, 2 orcs boar riders, and the rest spider riders, mostly the ranged variant. Talk about pile everything up in front of the gate. Not much you need to do other than stop he giants and shoot everything behind them.
  • MORTUSMORTUS Registered Users Posts: 84
    Great idea, Spiders must to climb walls especially like passive ability. Combat_Wombat said:

Big legs, let units run under it. You speak about Arachnaroks this is also great idea.
  • Lexen_RapierLexen_Rapier Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 262
    It would be a nice feature to make the spider and wolf cavalry more different.

Alternatively they could make it a forest goblins feature (assuming we later get forest and night goblin minors or majors in the game).
    For the forests I'm betting we will get elves and beastmen. I'm sure the greenskins will get some expansion later on to add squigs and all he other units left out so far.
    Also will be awesome if Spider riders and Arachnarok Spider could to put spider webs on the ground. So as not to be noticed while the enemy does not step on the spider web and start to stick to it and begin to slow down their movement and will start to exhaust their strength.This will make the sticky enemies easier prey for missile and artillery units, of course the duration of effect may depend on the size and strength of the unit. After the enemy pass through the spider web, the spider web will disappear.I think this will be very useful for different kinds of tactic on the battlefield.
  • Arcani_4_EverArcani_4_Ever Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,453
    would love if at least the spider riders could climb walls.

the Arachnarok would be too OP.

But then again, Flying units can attack wall defenders, so i can't really rule it out.
    Just give the arachnarok a huge penalty to melee defense while on the wall and no charge attack/bonus.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,094
    Spider Rider should be able climb walls just like in BFME2.

It will make greenskin feel different compared to other races...
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,094
    MORTUS said:

Also will be awesome if Spider riders and Arachnarok Spider could to put spider webs on the ground. So as not to be noticed while the enemy does not step on the spider web and start to stick to it and begin to slow down their movement and will start to exhaust their strength.This will make the sticky enemies easier prey for missile and artillery units, of course the duration of effect may depend on the size and strength of the unit. After the enemy pass through the spider web, the spider web will disappear.I think this will be very useful for different kinds of tactic on the battlefield.

How about if allies are the one who stepped on those web?
  • TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 11,849
    Spiders can do it in Conquest of Elysium 4, but it's likely harder to add to a high graphics game.

http://coe4.wikia.com/wiki/Special_Abilities#Wall_Climbing
    They could probably just do a simple jumping animation to put the spiders on the wall and then use the goblin doom diver animation with the legs kicking but have the arms grip the spider instead of sticking out to the side. I'm sure if we had better mod tools someone could make this easily. CA just doesn't seem willing to do it themselves even if it is just reused content mashed together to make it look and work like something new.
  • SaphironSaphiron Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 827

Just give the arachnarok a huge penalty to melee defense while on the wall and no charge attack/bonus.

I really like this idea.

Spider wall climbing would make the green skins very unique. This should be added.
  • doclumbagodoclumbago Registered Users Posts: 1,607
    YES YES YES YES
    totally awesome idea
    jamreal18 said:

MORTUS said:

How about if allies are the one who stepped on those web?
    They will be visible for you and your allies.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file