Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

incoming !take cover!Oh, is it true?

Comments

• cossacks368cossacks368 Registered Users Posts: 98
    I saw SKAVEN in google ,Oh, is it true?
  • LowlyGruntLowlyGrunt Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 142
    What is it? I think I remember seeing a Skaven thing like that in White Dwarf, but that would have been over 20 years ago.
  • FrostPawFrostPaw Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,123
    Screaming Bell I believe. Nice catch.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,698
    edited January 2017

What is it? I think I remember seeing a Skaven thing like that in White Dwarf, but that would have been over 20 years ago.

Screaming Bell or so i think it's called... i vaguely remember it from Arch Warhammers Video about potential skaven army in TW WH or so

but looking at the TW WH logo it looks like its photoshopped imho
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN! TOTAL WAR TROY FOR ONE YEAR EXCLUSIVELY ON THE EPIC GAMES STORE!"

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • gholingholin Member Registered Users Posts: 1,165
    Oh man... A screaming bell with a white rat! My dreams... They are coming true? I need to kill Skaven so badly!

And I want to play as them too, just to cover the world in a vermintide...
  • SegersgiaSegersgia Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 299
    edited January 2017

Doom Bell or so i think it's called... i vaguely remember it from Arch Warhammers Video about potential skaven army in TW WH or so

but looking at the TW WH logo it looks like its photoshopped imho
    it is. Found it on someones Artstation page, labeled as "fanart". Everything Cossack is posting is from Artstation.
  • FrostPawFrostPaw Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,123
    Hmm Kweek Headtaker?
  • Arcani_4_EverArcani_4_Ever Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,470
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,698

OMFG!

its photoshop...
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN! TOTAL WAR TROY FOR ONE YEAR EXCLUSIVELY ON THE EPIC GAMES STORE!"

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • LowlyGruntLowlyGrunt Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 142
    I can't be sure, but that Skaven looks far too detailed for TW. You can even see the wires holding his armour together. Are you sure it isn't from that Vermintide game?
  • zammezamme Registered Users Posts: 220
    Ok, so fake confirmed?
  • ThanquolThanquol Senior Member SkavenblightRegistered Users Posts: 2,018
    edited January 2017
    Alas fake images. The first poorly photoshoped Total warhammer logo, second pic is from WAR or legend of grimlock.
    "Fear me for I am Grey Seer Thanqol, Greatest TWW player in all of Skavendom."

Team Skaven

Which team are you? Post in your signature

Team Empire Team Bretonnia Team Kislev Team Dwarf Team Chaos Dwarf Team High Elves
    Team Dark Elves
    Team Wood Elves Team Warriors of Chaos Team Daemons of Chaos
    Team Beastmen
    Team Vampire Counts Team Tomb Kings Team Orcs and Goblins
    Team Ogre Kingdoms
    Team Lizardmen Team Skaven

• Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,566
    I see nothing on friendface, tweeter or instthing. And it is kinda of a monday.
    So, something something source?

------Red Dox
  • SegersgiaSegersgia Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 299
    zamme said:

Ok, so fake confirmed?

This is definitely a fake. all pictures are from different fanartists on Artstation. The total war logo is badly photoshopped on it.

• Pr4vdaPr4vda Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,145
    Yep, it looks more like some (good) fan art to me, rather than TW.
    Team Dawis

Dawis shall purge all their fallen Karaks, with the blood of the Greeskins and the skavens !
  • gholingholin Member Registered Users Posts: 1,165
    edited January 2017
    Ugh... may plague and rat gnaw upon the flesh of the interloper who gave us false hope if this is fake!
  • DalakhDalakh Senior Member FranceRegistered Users Posts: 1,937
    edited January 2017
    That's total BS just look at the warhammer logo on the bell image, it's literally a copy/paste.
    "We shall strike down our foes with sharp steel and cold hearts. The weak die so that the strong prevail and none shall be spared. Then and only then will our enemies know the true meaning of fear."

— Malekith, Witch King of Naggaroth
    edited January 2017
    Dalakh said:

That's total BS just look at the warhammer logo on the bell image, it's literally a copy/paste.

and imho only the Screaming bell carriage and the background look good on the pic... the skaven themselves... for me they dont look that "ratty"... looking at the Grey Seer his looks remind me more of Fuchur from Michael Endes Neverending Story (Movie)... and the other Thagoraki remind me of Star Wars (Legends) Noghris more than rats

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • DalakhDalakh Senior Member FranceRegistered Users Posts: 1,937

Dalakh said:

and imho only the Screaming bell carriage and the background look good on the pic... the skaven themselves... for me they dont look that "ratty"... looking at the Grey Seer his looks remind me more of Fuchur from Michael Endes Neverending Story (Movie)... and the other Thagoraki remind me of Star Wars (Legends) Noghris more than rats
    Yeah aside from that all of this is pretty far from CA's usual standard for quality in terms of 3D models.
    "We shall strike down our foes with sharp steel and cold hearts. The weak die so that the strong prevail and none shall be spared. Then and only then will our enemies know the true meaning of fear."

— Malekith, Witch King of Naggaroth
  • obippoobippo Member Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    I nearly had a heart attack, **** you
    Always be aware when a Content Refusing Troll Brigade (CRTB) representative is near. Contact your local Witch Hunter for further info.

• LangolierLangolier Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 374
    why do this to me?
    when I saw the screaming bell I got crazy hyped then I scroll down and realize from the other pictures that it is fake...
    "Furthermore i believe that Carthage must be destroyed" - Cato the Elder
    "Furthermore I also believe that Chaos Dwarfs should have really big hats" - Langolier the middle aged
  • Defiler_of_the_NorthDefiler_of_the_North Under a bar stool in a random tavern located within AltdolfRegistered Users Posts: 415
    edited January 2017
    Hot tea straight from the kettle almost went on me and my desk, I thought for a second we was going to have a Bretonnia + Skaven collaboration release which would have been incredible but sadly like everyone else has mentioned I saw the photo shopped logo.

Nurgle will have a gift for you tonight.
    Doesn't matter what you say, Balthasar Gelt is the best legendary lord and the lore of metal needs nerfing.

Currently suffering from a serve case of Bretonnia fever, the only cure is slaying Orks with the righteous fury of the Lady.
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 5,831
    Hairy spheres to this.

Not that I'm much bothered about the Skaven, but if it was one of the groups I wanted to see I would be wanting to jump up and down on someone's wedding tackle right now.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • SkarbandSkarband Member Registered Users Posts: 579
    They look like humans wearing rat masks.

Looks really fake. The artwork is not even close to the style CA uses. Just look at the White Dwarf art.
  • MalcolmMalcolm Registered Users Posts: 230
    No! I was hoping this was a tease for a new race. Shame. Mind you I do believe CA will certainly implement them in the future, maybe in the second expansion.

Team Empire - For Sigmar!
    Team Bretonnia - For the Lady!
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,299
    What is this? Pure Heresy is what it is.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• Combat_WombatCombat_Wombat Registered Users Posts: 4,092
    Lock please.
  • bronhomsbronhoms Registered Users Posts: 1,330
    edited January 2017
    CA has created a fake account to create fake news to lure us into believing that Skaven isn't being teased, when they actually are being teased. And by the time it is too late, no one will believe the boys who cry wolf - and Skaven will be released.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=GRWbIoIR04c

Edit: Also, stop flagging him for pulling your leg.

• Karnil_Vark_KhaitanKarnil_Vark_Khaitan Member Registered Users Posts: 424
    Skarband said:

They look like humans wearing rat masks.

Looks really fake. The artwork is not even close to the style CA uses. Just look at the White Dwarf art.

Because it is.