Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

CA confirms custom maps for campaign?

mare_mare_ Registered Users Posts: 65
edited February 2017 in General Discussion
I thought that this wouldn't happen so i am a bit confused. But I guess they really found a way to implement the maps to campaign. If this is true, then this is one of the biggest news regarding TWW yet IMO.

PS if anyone from CA can actually confirm this on the forums, then that would be much appreciated.
"If you will go to any lengths, to make sure that your perception of reality remains intact, and you believe your interests to be flawless, with no room for any kind of criticism or respectful debate. Then you are the definition of ignorance." Something I said in a debate.
Post edited by mare_ on

Comments

• OrkfaellerOrkfaeller Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,329
    They found a way to replace siege battles with custom maps.
  • MemnonMemnon Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 581
    If this true-will be awesome.Finally Karaks start looks like Karaks-not human city.
    Maybe CA take the best -like this Karak Kadrin and add with some patch to game.Will be so great if many city looks so differnt....
  • KGpoopyKGpoopy Registered Users Posts: 2,009
    Seige maps only though.

Keep them lore and AI friendly guys!
  • RifugioRifugio Member Registered Users Posts: 1,083
    edited February 2017
    Excellent! If true there will be a few posters who will look a little daft saying that this was not going to be possible...

If it isn't well - umm maybe it isn't yet

What is it they say about never saying never? :wink:
  • Combat_WombatCombat_Wombat Registered Users Posts: 4,092
    Rifugio said:

Excellent! If true there will be a few posters who will look a little daft saying that this was not going to be possible...

They say JB is a little shitstain. Irrelevant though.

To be fair all the evidence, including posts by CA members, pointed to no custom made maps for the campaign. If we are getting sieges that great but that's just half of what we wanted.
  • thebiglezthebiglez Registered Users Posts: 593
    so if i understand correctly, when you download a map from steam workshop that map will also be avalebile to play in campagin? that would be awesome! is it just for siege maps?
  • ChaosDragonBornChaosDragonBorn Registered Users Posts: 1,487
    edited February 2017
    Does anyone have info on adding custom maps to the pool of existing maps? Maybe replacing a few replicas to add a lot more variety and locational designs. There's is quite a bit of re-used maps on the campaign.
  • Defiler_of_the_NorthDefiler_of_the_North Under a bar stool in a random tavern located within AltdolfRegistered Users Posts: 415
    Wonderful news, can't wait to hear what CA have to say tomorrow as well.

Its going to be funny fighting outside of Empire city only to be transported to one of though recent table top maps.
    Doesn't matter what you say, Balthasar Gelt is the best legendary lord and the lore of metal needs nerfing.

Currently suffering from a serve case of Bretonnia fever, the only cure is slaying Orks with the righteous fury of the Lady.
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 13,595
    CA said they are working on something similar, which means we may see custom maps other than siege maps in the future. Maybe.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • PetromirPetromir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,151
    edited August 2017

Rifugio said:

They say JB is a little ****. Irrelevant though.

To be fair all the evidence, including posts by CA members, pointed to no custom made maps for the campaign. If we are getting sieges that great but that's just half of what we wanted.
    The evidence CA presented that I saw only actually ruled out custom campaign maps rather than custom battlemaps on the campaign, as the post talked about why a map editor for the campaign map didnt acctually exist and was impractical to make.
    Post edited by BillyRuffian on
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 7,467
    If this happens the game has really come on leaps and bounds even since I started playing just before the release of Clan Angrund.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 19,138
    Off topic posts containing bickering references to other members have been deleted, as have posts quoting with a response.

Stay on topic folks.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • MoritasgusMoritasgus Registered Users Posts: 744
    edited February 2017
    This doesn't seem possible in the form of just putting out a map, if the guys found a way its great but likely you will need to download a mod and then all the associated maps that mod uses.

There is no way to package that on the workshop afaik so you would either need to download them all as a zip file outside of steam or download each individual item on the workshop.

Unless CA release this officially then of course it would make things much easier.
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 36,664
    I suspect that the difference is that what CA calls campaign maps are generated from the geography of an area on the campaign map, whereas siege and quest maps are tied to specific locations.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • ChaosDragonBornChaosDragonBorn Registered Users Posts: 1,487
    edited February 2017

I suspect that the difference is that what CA calls campaign maps are generated from the geography of an area on the campaign map, whereas siege and quest maps are tied to specific locations.

So I guess it would be hard to allow us to add to the pool of existing campaign maps. It would be nice if I could edit, replace, and add campaign maps to the geography. There's is some re-used maps and oddly placed maps in certain areas of the campaign, and custom maps would fix that, if CA doesn't make more map variation themselves.

But if this means we can now make custom maps for quests and sieges on the campaign, that's really cool too. As a matter of fact, siege maps in specific locations needed this the most.

No, it seems that campaign map battle maps are predesigned. I've fought the same battle in the same province over and over again. These things seem set.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • AxikusAxikus Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 775
    I don't get why they claimed otherwise.
    We already had fixed battlemaps for *at least* certain locations of the campaign map, remember? Remember quest battles? Visit a certain place on the campaign map, initiate a battle there - there you go, a custom map with a unique name (instead of "Battle of X city region" you'll get, say, "Battle of Estalian Tomb"), that will always be in that exact spot, regardless of you having or doing related quests.

I'm also pretty sure battlemaps were set for each square unit (clear dimensions unknown to me) of the campaign map manually, or semi-manually, as you can often find yourself on the same battlemap if you fight your battles around the same area on the campaign map.
  • daelin4daelin4 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,286
    But what if people just made obviously lopsided siege maps?

Corrected action is the most sincere form of apology.
    daelin4 said:

Well, than I don't have to download them if I don't want them, right?
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 22,762
    edited February 2017
    Canuovea said:

daelin4 said:

Haven't you started two threads with the aim of making CA putting such custom maps into the base game? Then it would be a problem for everyone.

• daelin4daelin4 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,286
    Canuovea said:

You will if you play coop/ head 2 head. Besides desync issues, your opponent would either love or hate it.

if they want to do the custom map thing, CA should just have modders submit versions for them to look into. If it;s balanced, fun and varied etc. they add to the game.

If they don't do that, then you get situations like buggy maps, improperly made or outdated maps, and imbalanced maps. CA filters what's good and adds it to the game. They do that, they tap into a huge marketing opportunity.

Corrected action is the most sincere form of apology.
  • Lord_HenkusLord_Henkus Registered Users Posts: 1,475
    But these siegemaps dont have walls. Is this compensated with moshpitts?
    How negative I may sound, game is stil 11 out of 10

Also, please slow down combat!

Canuovea said:

daelin4 said:

Haven't you started two threads with the aim of making CA putting such custom maps into the base game? Then it would be a problem for everyone.
    Those maps would be properly vetted by CA though, and based around certain themes (at least if my suggestion for that is followed) and such hopefully parameters can be set.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,460
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN!"

CA hates the Empire confirmed. The FLC LL for the new Lord Pack is Gor-Rok. Meaning the Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. And no, moving Balthasar Gelt from Reikland, where he should be, DOES NOT COUNT. If they wanted a LL in the Southern Empire: Marius Leitdorf of Averland or maybe Elspeth von Draken in Nuln...

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?

GHAL MARAZ IS THE WEAPON OF THE SETTING! YET SOME BRETONNIAN SWORD IS MORE POTENT?! BUFF GHAL MARAZ IN SIGMAR'S NAME!
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 36,664
    edited February 2017

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,655
    Has anyone already made custom battle maps for Athel Loren?