Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Bretonnia Early Access Technical Issues

Comments

• GradenGraden Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 685
    This is **** pathetic. Second time in like one week that I feel cheated.
    First you promise us a prize from the event and you asked for our help, while the prize was Isabella all along - the FLC Vampire Lord that we would get for free anyway. And now this. You promised us one day early access and in my country, in two hours and 15 minutes we'll have 28/2.

I'm honestly not even mad, just disappointed, this is seriously very unprofessional.
  • NightOfTheDeadNightOfTheDead Member Registered Users Posts: 682
    Grailmuch said:

Managed to finally redeem, best of luck everyone <3 </p>

Redeem is only the beginning.

*Tzeentch is pleased*.
  • WitoldOfLithuaniaWitoldOfLithuania Registered Users Posts: 25
    edited February 2017
    Akolafox said:

Housie said:

I think CA should just cancel the FLC because this poor community is being **** iver getting something for free... maybe find a different hobby?

as ive mentioned before, flc is something that should already be in the game, any dlc should be, remember back when rome total war was released and all you needed todo was descr strat? the fact is were paying for a game that isnt actualy complete. i would rather things not become free if this is what happens.
    descr strat. those were golden days. days in which i could play as Macedon and pretend to be Alexanders heir.
  • madnashermadnasher Registered Users Posts: 3
    whatever_ said:

damn are people inpatient. if they had the patch they would release it. they screwed something and they will fix it tomorrow or whenever, go and do something until then ffs.

People are able to play, and others are not. I think given that I have been waiting for almost 4 hours now and not got anything and my friend just downloaded it 10 minutes ago and is playing is grounds to be impatient. I have a limited window each evening where I can play with him in a co-op campaign, and tonight we were going to do brettonia from two factions and dominate the whole world.
  • atalanteatalante Registered Users Posts: 80
    *peasants screaming in front of castle CA*
    REFUND THE FLC !!
    REFUND THE FLC !!
  • Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 6,179
    Herrick said:

I could just give a negative review on Steam just for revenge muahahaha

Man, this is sad. Folks, come on. Go do something else, go read a book about King Arthur, go play the very good and very underrated King Arthur game on Steam. Just relax. The entitlement here is something fierce.
  • Sharazad87Sharazad87 Registered Users Posts: 282
    Still not installed.
    "Yes-yes! Kill!-Kill!"

• SanjuroSanjuro Senior Member U.K.Registered Users Posts: 1,738
    Guys, it's impossible to know why the early release didn't happen on time. But I'm sure it will be out fairly promptly tomorrow.
    nrm21122 said:

2. There are people playing the DLC on youtube so they already have a system to issue the DLC to people

I guess that those were "press" keys given to known youtube content creators.
  • TaebaeksanTaebaeksan Registered Users Posts: 7
    Herrick said:

Im now downloading something :)

lol don't get your hopes up, all of the people who have waited for 4 hours now have downloaded that and been sat here waiting.

• UppslitarenUppslitaren Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 582
    So was codes sent out 3+ hours ago broken maybe?
    Or did someone pull the plug because some people got their redeem codes half an hour earlier - with the end result that when the actual time for earlier access came, at 4pm GMT the codes' validity was removed and the game doesn't recognize them anymore?
  • FlyingWarPigWithPawsFlyingWarPigWithPaws Registered Users Posts: 817
    edited February 2017
    MrJade said:

Thats just childish imo but whatever.

I disagree. A review is, tautologically, a personal view of the product. Between this, MWNL, and some issues they've had in the past, I wouldn't recommend it to a friend today. Especially not at the price the DLC is at.
    You yourself said that the MWNL and FLC screwup led to your negative review not the DLC prices, which is just childish for a game that you gave 89/100.
    Ungrim is no longer homesick.
  • xWaBiDxxWaBiDx Registered Users Posts: 56
    Sodoff said:

:( It would be nice with some info for the people who downloaded earlier. I took time off for this.

Yeah, those of us who did get it earlier are well and truly ****! We won't get to play at all. All thanks to the "solution" apparently fixing the keys? So basically, what this means is, everyone who registered via the dashboard earlier won't get to play tonight.

And to be frank... I don't even think we're going to be able to play tomorrow. You see, the product has already been registered to our accounts. And being already registered (and already in our DLC list) we won't be able to install it properly tomorrow either.

And what THIS means... CA has broken our games. Quite literally. Unless they remove the key restriction tomorrow, which I cincerely hope. Otherwise I kind of feel that CA owe me a new Warhammer with all paid DLC.

This is a fuckup of remarkable proportions.
  • Nitros14Nitros14 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,943
    Poor CA. They go to all this trouble to reset Steam reviews and then have the misfortune to bungle this and **** all those people off again right before the launch.
  • MartialNoxMartialNox Registered Users Posts: 2
    Yup I bet their marketing emails won't be delayed like the product the promised me to get that email address. And seriously an initial statement and no further update? That is just annoying. I probably wouldn't be annoyed at all if they were actually communicating. This just makes it look like they **** up and then just said "Screw it" and went home for the day.
  • DomusvondutchDomusvondutch Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 197
    Graden said:

First you promise us a prize from the event and you asked for our help, while the prize was Isabella all along - the FLC Vampire Lord that we would get for free anyway. And now this. You promised us one day early access and in my country, in two hours and 15 minutes we'll have 28/2.

I'm honestly not even mad, just disappointed, this is seriously very unprofessional.

CA gave the first group faulty keys. And now we have to wait till tomorrow 4pm GWT. They cant fix this anymore. I share your opinion!
  • obippoobippo Member Registered Users Posts: 2,375
    cacota pa mi bocota
    Always be aware when a Content Refusing Troll Brigade (CRTB) representative is near. Contact your local Witch Hunter for further info.

• ComodoPandaComodoPanda Registered Users Posts: 2
    It's just upsetting that while waiting for Bretons to be installed while listening to my friend happily playing them in the Campagin. ;-;
  • bennymclbennymcl Senior Member Montreal, CanadaRegistered Users Posts: 2,797
    @CA_Whelan can we please get an update? It seems like those of us around for 5+ hours can't play but everyone else can.... no news at all?
  • MrJadeMrJade Senior Member Lansing, MIRegistered Users Posts: 7,165

MrJade said:

Thats just childish imo but whatever.

I disagree. A review is, tautologically, a personal view of the product. Between this, MWNL, and some issues they've had in the past, I wouldn't recommend it to a friend today. Especially not at the price the DLC is at.
    You yourself said that the MWNL and FLC screwup led to your negative review not the DLC prices, which is just childish for a game that you gave 89/100.
    Maybe I am "steamed" up. Oh boy. I'm going to go for a walk.
    Thrones of Britannia: 69/100
    Warhammer II: 73/100
    Warhammer: 79/100
    Attila: 70/100 [Age of Charlemagne: 72/100]
    Rome II: 49/100
    Shogun II: 93/100 [Fall of the Samurai: 95/100]
    Napoleon: 58/100
    Empire: 53/100
    Medieval II: 90/100 [Kingdoms: 90/100]
    Rome I: 88/100
    Medieval I: 92/100
    Shogun I: 84/100
  • darrydlsdarrydls Registered Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2018
    Glade steam finally solve the problem.
    Post edited by darrydls on
  • epic_159732792868zmZ1dfJepic_159732792868zmZ1dfJ Registered Users Posts: 35
    Graden said:

It should be ******* pathetic not **** pathetic
  • ThonarThonar Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 17
  • Ca12nag3Ca12nag3 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 591

Graden said:

CA gave the first group faulty keys. And now we have to wait till tomorrow 4pm GWT. They cant fix this anymore. I share your opinion!
    think you are on the money, they simply re-released the code, and those that did not enter the old code are lucky. The rest of us have to wait until tomorrow. So much for being a dedicated first-hour fan of a game. This is really disappointing. I feel for those that took a day of for it.
  • DeadofPoolDeadofPool Registered Users Posts: 5
    5 bucks paypal that because I grabbed it early I won't be able to play it tomorrow either.
  • nrm21122nrm21122 Registered Users Posts: 9
    Sanjuro said:

Guys, it's impossible to know why the early release didn't happen on time. But I'm sure it will be out fairly promptly tomorrow.

nrm21122 said:

2. There are people playing the DLC on youtube so they already have a system to issue the DLC to people

I guess that those were "press" keys given to known youtube content creators.
    No doubt, my point is that there is clearly a system of giving access to the DLC for a few days now
  • theedge634theedge634 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,983
    abucklin said:

Leaving a negative review of an ENTIRE game because they **** up one early release for a FREE DLC? FFS the petulance of some people is truly remarkable.

No... I'm not leaving a negative review, but it is COMPLETELY understandable to leave a negative review and focus it on CA's TERRIBLE PR department. After the Beastmen DLC, the Isabella Von Carstein lies, and now this... completely fair for people to write reviews dragging CA through the mud, as long as they state why.
  • aabbccddeeff11223344aabbccddeeff11223344 Registered Users Posts: 7
    Next time someone promises me i can play something a day early my reply will be No Thanks.
  • xWaBiDxxWaBiDx Registered Users Posts: 56
    bennymcl said:

@CA_Whelan can we please get an update? It seems like those of us around for 5+ hours can't play but everyone else can.... no news at all?

Don't hold your breath. In their minds they've "fixed" the issue and gone home...
  • GoatskankGoatskank Registered Users Posts: 7
    Archeron said:

this only say one thing to me. "never wait for an early acess and if then wait till peeps writting it work" Hope CA will give a statement soon.

They said on this Forum (The post got pushed back by the flood of other posts) maybe like 20 minutes ago saying they're still In the offices continuing to work on the Issue.
  • TydarTydar Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 49
    CA gave us the "faulty" standard codes at first, which means the DLC is scheduled to unlock at normal date and time. After realizing their mistake they updated the embedded code with the actual pre-release bret unlock but I doubt there's anything they can do about the faulty codes people have already redeemed. What a failure :D