Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Bretonnia Early Access Technical Issues

Comments

• FrancisFrancis Member Registered Users Posts: 504
    So I just deleted my positive review for TWWH, if this doesn't work by the end of tomorrow, I'll be posting a negative review. It's not much but is the only kind of power that consumers have when the product is already bought.
  • PericvsPericvs Registered Users Posts: 91
    I'm trying to send a ticket to steam so they can "unredeem" me but go figure :

"There was a problem submitting your help request to Steam Support. Please wait a few minutes and try again.

If you are attempting to add large attachments please try to submit without them and add them to your request after submitting"

CA coment on this please
  • darth_comradedarth_comrade Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 91
    It says failed to redeem for me too now but when I try redeeming again it says Ive already reemed this item.

An suggestions??
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total War fan since 2005
  • AnnoyedOneEyedGuyAnnoyedOneEyedGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,083
    darrydls said:

By this, I won't buy the next total war game, stupid CA. We are done. Even can't fix a single issue

yeah... sure you wont... you probably said that with other TW titles yet here you are
  • Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 6,179
    MrJade said:

Herrick said:

I could just give a negative review on Steam just for revenge muahahaha

You enjoy this game, why try to destroy it? Your review and others like you would stop potential newcomers to the game.

Stop being silly.
    I gave it a negative review. Between this and the MWNL issue, I'm annoyed. I get that it's just a day, but to me, that is enough to not recommend the game to a friend. Hence the review.
    Indeed, this is more or less the level of grievance showed in most negative reviews. Kudos for possibly having denied a fellow gamer the joy of playing a good game just because you were a bit annoyed.
  • BrutalicusBrutalicus Junior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 94

Herrick said:

Im now downloading something :)

lol don't get your hopes up, all of the people who have waited for 4 hours now have downloaded that and been sat here waiting.

Myees, redeeming it and downloading the patch is one thing, getting the FLC installed is something else.
    I played pool and had some beers during my english lessons. So my english are inferior, but in a superior way. :)
  • RiddlebickRiddlebick Registered Users Posts: 249
    CA thats enough! I will never buy a FLC again!

#sarcasm off

:D
    :#
  • LolTHELolLolTHELol Registered Users Posts: 1,059
    bennymcl said:

@CA_Whelan can we please get an update? It seems like those of us around for 5+ hours can't play but everyone else can.... no news at all?

Dude they probably went to bed.

I lost my hope of playing it tonight, however now I am scared that my game is totally screwed and that I will not get to play it even tomorrow.
  • PetromirPetromir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,156
    xWaBiDx said:

bennymcl said:

@CA_Whelan can we please get an update? It seems like those of us around for 5+ hours can't play but everyone else can.... no news at all?

Don't hold your breath. In their minds they've "fixed" the issue and gone home...
    Not seen any claim from CA that they think they've fixed it....
  • AkolafoxAkolafox Registered Users Posts: 5

Akolafox said:

Housie said:

I think CA should just cancel the FLC because this poor community is being **** iver getting something for free... maybe find a different hobby?

as ive mentioned before, flc is something that should already be in the game, any dlc should be, remember back when rome total war was released and all you needed todo was descr strat? the fact is were paying for a game that isnt actualy complete. i would rather things not become free if this is what happens.
    descr strat. those were golden days. days in which i could play as Macedon and pretend to be Alexanders heir.
    and the thing was, macedon had its own intro so clearly was built into the game and made to be playable, yet got put on the unplayable part, maybe that was a sneak preview of paid dlc?
  • nrm21122nrm21122 Registered Users Posts: 9

I'm honestly not even mad, just disappointed, this is seriously very unprofessional.

CA gave the first group faulty keys. And now we have to wait till tomorrow 4pm GWT. They cant fix this anymore. I share your opinion!

That's not true they can easily fix this. I seen devs go into someone's account who got a bad key and activate products/DLC
  • MarzuzuMarzuzu Registered Users Posts: 28
    nrm21122 said:

I'm honestly not even mad, just disappointed, this is seriously very unprofessional.

CA gave the first group faulty keys. And now we have to wait till tomorrow 4pm GWT. They cant fix this anymore. I share your opinion!

That's not true they can easily fix this. I seen devs go into someone's account who got a bad key and activate products/DLC

IS there proof of that?
  • StevanixStevanix Registered Users Posts: 13
    9pm for me atm, good 1 day early this is :(
  • HeadrufHeadruf Registered Users Posts: 17
    edited February 2017
    Ca ty for the try ;) go home let the hate flow and relax :D
  • abucklinabucklin Registered Users Posts: 13
    edited February 2017

abucklin said:

Leaving a negative review of an ENTIRE game because they **** up one early release for a FREE DLC? FFS the petulance of some people is truly remarkable.

No... I'm not leaving a negative review, but it is COMPLETELY understandable to leave a negative review and focus it on CA's TERRIBLE PR department. After the Beastmen DLC, the Isabella Von Carstein lies, and now this... completely fair for people to write reviews dragging CA through the mud, as long as they state why.
    Thats arguably the most ridiculous thing I have read yet. Your review is just that, a review of the game. What does their Public Relations department have to do with whether the infantry units of different factions are balanced enough to play multiplayer, or if the the diversity in tech trees and playable factions gives the game longevity. You're trying to justify your temper right now, I'm upset too, would love nothing more than to just be playing, but the overreaction is completely unnecessary.
  • JungleninjaJungleninja Registered Users Posts: 9
    Devs messed up major time. This will not be forgotten! If I did this at my work, I probably would be fired!
  • WitoldOfLithuaniaWitoldOfLithuania Registered Users Posts: 25
    Akolafox said:

Akolafox said:

Housie said:

I think CA should just cancel the FLC because this poor community is being **** iver getting something for free... maybe find a different hobby?

as ive mentioned before, flc is something that should already be in the game, any dlc should be, remember back when rome total war was released and all you needed todo was descr strat? the fact is were paying for a game that isnt actualy complete. i would rather things not become free if this is what happens.
    descr strat. those were golden days. days in which i could play as Macedon and pretend to be Alexanders heir.
    and the thing was, macedon had its own intro so clearly was built into the game and made to be playable, yet got put on the unplayable part, maybe that was a sneak preview of paid dlc?
    exactly. and you could also play as Pontus. Who doesnt love Mithridates?
  • bennymclbennymcl Senior Member Montreal, CanadaRegistered Users Posts: 2,797
    LolTHELol said:

bennymcl said:

Dude they probably went to bed.

I lost my hope of playing it tonight, however now I am scared that my game is totally screwed and that I will not get to play it even tomorrow.
    They didn't go to bed. I have worked for web dev companies with much less traffic and we have pulled all nighters for putting projects live with MUCH less turn-over and users. There's no doubt in my mind that they are still working on it.
  • DeadofPoolDeadofPool Registered Users Posts: 5
    xWaBiDx said:

bennymcl said:

Don't hold your breath. In their minds they've "fixed" the issue and gone home...
    Welp, I'm not buying anything else from them in that case.

I mean, considering that apparently they're going to make a trilogy of Warhammer games (I thought I heard this somewhere, not sure how accurate it is) to just pander more DLC of **** that should have been in the base game? Nah fam. **** these moneygrubbing ****.

They didn't even take the time to make factions that should have been their own factions with their own units (Border princes, Estalia, Kislev, Tilea, not to mention the lack of Daemons and chaos god specific warriors/chosen, and the fact Chaos were in the base game but not RELEASED WITH IT?) when I can literally go play a Medieval 2 mod with all this **** and more? Nah. **** 'em
  • krunshkrunsh Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,693
    Can't wait until this is released soon and the forum gets abandoned because everyone is enjoying the game and then a new TW game comes out later on and everyone who said "Im done not buying your games anymore" buy them anyway because these was just a few hours late and no one cares or remember and we all die in the end.
    i5-3550 CPU @ 3.30GHz
    Geforce gtx 970
    16gb ram

Team Skaven
  • HousieHousie Registered Users Posts: 12
    The quality of the major meltdown of butthurt community souls is more amusing then the FLC itself
  • AtAStargateAtAStargate Registered Users Posts: 1
    at least this is the day before launch. and the issue came up, otherwise this would be happening tomorrow and we all would be super mad lol. hopefully an update will be out sometime tonight
  • theedge634theedge634 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,983
    edited February 2017

It says failed to redeem for me too now but when I try redeeming again it says Ive already reemed this item.

An suggestions??

Same with me... I'm really worried they're going to fix it for the majority at some point but because mine failed to redeem 2 hours AFTER the initial release that I won't get a fix.
  • KaptajnSkurkKaptajnSkurk Registered Users Posts: 4

5 bucks paypal that because I grabbed it early I won't be able to play it tomorrow either.

I'm thinking the exact same thing.
  • trashcan01trashcan01 Registered Users Posts: 17
    My pizza is done. I can't get it working. :(
  • OspreyOsprey Registered Users Posts: 510
    Is there a way to delete the dlc from the list in steam?
  • SnapperaSnappera Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,258
    That's a shame.

I redeemed my key around 3pm GMT - turns out that it was faulty.

I log into the game and it gives me a box saying "New Content Installed. Please restart the game.". Restarting does not solve the issue.

It is apparent that those who redeemed early are buggered. Those who have yet to redeem can do so now. I can only imagine the difficulty in 'decoupling' the faulty keys from accounts. We'll probably be waiting.

Nonetheless, nothing is certain until CA mention the issue.
    New Culture Pack - Total War Forums

Eternal Virginity: -2 provincial growth rate
    DLC Rage: 2x discontent from taxes
    PC Master Race Prices: -10% unit recruitment cost
    Inaccurate Historical Knowledge: Can recruit units from nearby factions
    Older Demographic: +25% Research Rate
  • FrancisFrancis Member Registered Users Posts: 504

at least this is the day before launch. and the issue came up, otherwise this would be happening tomorrow and we all would be super mad lol. hopefully an update will be out sometime tonight

It' wouldn't though, this has to do with faulty codes, not with the release itself. It works for those who redemed their codes the third time it went live.
  • jale24jale24 Registered Users Posts: 4
    Osprey said:

Is there a way to delete the dlc from the list in steam?

No. I think we are screwed. We won't be able to play it tommorow either.
  • Vargas78Vargas78 Registered Users Posts: 25
    Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? ;)