Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Ariel the old friend?

HircaneHircane Registered Users Posts: 118
I think ariel will be the next flc. I have been looking around the forums and most people expect boris todbringer but I am pretty sure it is ariel. My assumption is based of the woodelfes beeing the only race with just 2 legendary lords. She is much more iconic than boris todbringer. Many players where dissapointed for not seeing her and that is why she is called the old friend. In the lore she also is really old so maybe that is not a coincidence?
What is your opinion on her beeing the old friend?

Comments

• corvocorvo Junior Member SpainRegistered Users Posts: 3,063
    edited March 2017
    if they do such a flc for a dlc faction after all that mystery and publicity of "The old Friend" people who do not have it are going to **** off.

On the contrary, if they add the dlc to play the elves faction for free with an LL. The 15 € DLC would be pointless.

Old friend is clarly something for Empire, due its potrayal and lack of subfactions.
    Ariel probably will a future flc, but not "the old Friend"
    Team Skavens

"Brother Skavens! Consider this... Until the coming of Vermek Skab, the Council of Thirteen placed me in command of this army"
    - Grey Seer Thanquol, ruthlessly taking command of the Nuln Invasion force
  • IndyprideIndypride Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,685
    edited March 2017
    I think there are three things it can be, and none of them is Ariel.

The Empire is the only race currently without subfactions or unique start positions. So it could definitely be Boris Todbringer, who has been around since the Call of the Beastmen DLC, starting in Middenheim. I think this is what most people think it will be. The Middenland Runefang is a unique quest item in campaign, he's well fleshed out, and I just cant imagine him not making it in as a Legendary Lord at some point. Sooner rather than later, probably. By the same logic, the Red Duke and Mousillon seem very likely to be added at SOME point, but we dont know when.

ORRR, and I think this is still a somewhat likely option, we get this bad boy:

I think Krell fits the definition of "An Old friend" better than anyone in Warhammer fantasy. And Kemmler is due for some love, in fact CA themselves said over in the Balance forums they'd be giving him more love at some point. I'm not gona find the quote, I dont remember what thread. What specifically do they mean by "love"? We dont know, but there is only one question we should be asking ourselves at this point.

WHERE IS KRELL?

• BiesBies Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,197
    Indypride said:

The Empire is the only race currently without subfactions or unique start positions. So it could definitely be Boris Todbringer, who has been around since the Call of the Beastmen DLC, starting in Middenheim. I think this is what most people think it will be. The Middenland Runefang is a unique quest item in campaign, he's well fleshed out, and I just cant imagine him not making it in as a Legendary Lord at some point. Sooner rather than later, probably. By the same logic, the Red Duke and Mousillon seem very likely to be added at SOME point, but we dont know when.

I think Krell fits the definition of "An Old friend" better than anyone in Warhammer fantasy. And Kemmler is due for some love, in fact CA themselves said over in the Balance forums they'd be giving him more love at some point. I'm not gona find the quote, I dont remember what thread. What specifically do they mean by "love"? We dont know, but there is only one question we should be asking ourselves at this point.

WHERE IS KRELL?

They cannot add another vampire in so short time after isabella release

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• KrunchKrunch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,116
    Bies said:

Indypride said:

WHERE IS KRELL?

They cannot add another vampire in so short time after isabella release
    What's stopping them?
  • alex33alex33 Registered Users Posts: 1,252
    In one of the welf dlc streams they said there wont be new contet for them for a long time. They can add krell but pls let the other factions get something for once.
  • oliverpmasonoliverpmason Registered Users Posts: 934
    It seems that flc for dlc races is never in the road map.

Also the background is too Empire for it to be VC.
  • IndyprideIndypride Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,685
    edited March 2017

"They cannot add another vampire in so short time after isabella release"

They can add whatever they want. Krell isn't a Vampire, and he doesn't have to be a legendary lord either. Green knight was our first officially branded legendary hero, Krell could be the 2nd. And people, including Kemmler himself, have been asking where he's been since launch. He makes ALOT of sense as the Old Friend.

But so does Boris todbringer
  • gladonosgladonos Registered Users Posts: 635
    IMO i would love Ariel above anyone else because i **** hate Orion but wanna have access to Wardancers and the Elven council.

Krell would be okay, but we already got izzy

Boring todbringer(get it? XD) would be the most disappointing but i do think empire needs a sub faction.
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,359
    edited March 2017
    Then

See the Vampire architecture?

Now

Then

I wonder if the background gives us a clue of what to expect...

Now

Then

Hey, that is a vampire siege tower. May it be a clue what race that LL will be?

Now

Then

Hey, that is Empire architecture in the background

Now
    surley it must be Krell/Ariel/Nagash/etc.!

btw. No one has so far stated, that the "Old Friend" FLC will be a LL. Could still be a playable Kislev race pack. Since at least they are "friends" of the Empire ;)

------Red Dox
  • theArmoredTitantheArmoredTitan Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 162
    edited March 2017
    An old friend could be anything (including nonhuman ) . After the latest discovery by modders ( they found unit cards for naval units after brettonia expansion) , it could be naval battle!!
    Are those who know and those who do not know alike??
  • kitekazekitekaze Registered Users Posts: 287
    Red_Dox said:

btw. No one has so far stated, that the "Old Friend" FLC will be a LL. Could still be a playable Kislev race pack. Since at least they are "friends" of the Empire ;)

------Red Dox

Because if "Old Friend" is new race, then CA will put "New Faction" in FLC list, just like Bretonnia before it's revealed.
  • GradenGraden Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 679
    kitekaze said:

Red_Dox said:

------Red Dox

Because if "Old Friend" is new race, then CA will put "New Faction" in FLC list, just like Bretonnia before it's revealed.
    Not if their goal is to surprise people.
  • obippoobippo Member Registered Users Posts: 2,259
    edited March 2017
    Holy ****, I haven't seen the last comparison pic posted by Red dox until now. After that it's basically confirmed that the old friend is boris.
    Always be aware when a Content Refusing Troll Brigade (CRTB) representative is near. Contact your local Witch Hunter for further info.

obippo said:

Holy ****, I haven't seen the last comparison pic posted by Red dox until now. After that it's basically confirmed that the old friend is boris.

Yeah, I want to believe the same thing..
  • BlingermanBlingerman Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 356
    I think the old friend is gonna be more than just a lord. I think it is going to be: Red duke, Boris and Krell. First both only playable to DLC owners with Middenheim and Moussillon and Krell for everyone.
    edited March 2017

An old friend could be anything (including nonhuman ) . After the latest discovery by modders ( they found unit cards for naval units after brettonia expansion) , it could be naval battle!!

These unit cards, were found May 24 2016, the day the game was released.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/4li57a/unit_cards_for_naval_units_for_all_major_races/
    and had nothing to do with "old World" update.
    kitekaze said:

And if it would be a LL, they would have labeled it "new LL". That argument makes no sense, since they clearly labeled it the way they did, to spark speculation. And you have no working argument that it can't be a race pack, since you have in fact no statement what it will be.
    obippo said:

To be fair: That comparision picture is flying around since ITA_Vae_Victis found & made it in November ;)
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/187059/an-old-friend-speculation-thread/p4
    And no, I would not take it as a confirmation for Boris. I mean people saw the siege tower picture and also jumped from Vampire to Red Duke but still got Isabella ;)

-----Red Dox
  • Lord_XelosLord_Xelos Registered Users Posts: 1,806
    edited March 2017
    Indypride said:

They can add whatever they want. Krell isn't a Vampire, and he doesn't have to be a legendary lord either. Green knight was our first officially branded legendary hero, Krell could be the 2nd. And people, including Kemmler himself, have been asking where he's been since launch. He makes ALOT of sense as the Old Friend.

NO, Green Knight WASN'T THE FIRST officially branded legendary hero! Ghost Heroes of Belegar were the first!! Get Your information straight!!!

No matter which side of the debate You're on, using false arguments is unacceptable!!!!
  • LuciferLucifer Member England U.KRegistered Users Posts: 1,864
    I would think this would be Krell, Kemmlers old friend.

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein

My steam workshop Warhammer II mods
  • DalakhDalakh Senior Member FranceRegistered Users Posts: 1,937
    @Red_Dox,

Hmm, I never thought the Old Friend could be a race, Kislev makes more sense than most other options. I still think it's Boris though.
    "We shall strike down our foes with sharp steel and cold hearts. The weak die so that the strong prevail and none shall be spared. Then and only then will our enemies know the true meaning of fear."

— Malekith, Witch King of Naggaroth
  • obippoobippo Member Registered Users Posts: 2,259
    Graden said:

obippo said:

I mean...

- Background being a decisive hint
    - Middenland MP faction lacking all the sigmarite units AND not having a replacement for them
    - Boris weapon has campaign effects

I'ts Middenheim.
    Always be aware when a Content Refusing Troll Brigade (CRTB) representative is near. Contact your local Witch Hunter for further info.

• boyfightsboyfights Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,023
    If Ariel is the "old friend" she better be based on the old model :angry:
    boyfights you are always here to confirmate every spark of originality
    or reason burns or acid bruises anyone,
    stop your gladiator love for agressions.

NO, Green Knight WASN'T THE FIRST officially branded legendary hero! Ghost Heroes of Belegar were the first!! Get Your information straight!!!

The irony
    http://i.imgur.com/R9Uikkx.png
    (for non TT players: lvl2 Necromancer = Hero choice).
    Dalakh said:

@Red_Dox,

Hmm, I never thought the Old Friend could be a race, Kislev makes more sense than most other options. I still think it's Boris though.

To be fair, Kislev race pack is unlikely. More likely as some other speculation not related to Empire in any way, but still unlikely. A (Empire) FLC LL + "rival" DLC is still the best assumption regarding the past DLC routine we had. But since we have no statement what to expect, everything is possible ^^
    Except Female Chaos Chosen.

-----Red Dox
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 5,547
    obippo said:

Graden said:

obippo said:

I mean...

- Background being a decisive hint
    - Middenland MP faction lacking all the sigmarite units AND not having a replacement for them
    - Boris weapon has campaign effects

I'ts Middenheim.

You were all so certain it was going to be the Red Duke and Mousillon for broadly similar reasons and it turned out to be Isabella.

Incidentally there's audio work within the game files for Felix Jaeger, just as there was for Isabella, if you do a bit of digging.

"Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 5,547
    Hircane said:

I think ariel will be the next flc. I have been looking around the forums and most people expect boris todbringer but I am pretty sure it is ariel. My assumption is based of the woodelfes beeing the only race with just 2 legendary lords. She is much more iconic than boris todbringer. Many players where dissapointed for not seeing her and that is why she is called the old friend. In the lore she also is really old so maybe that is not a coincidence?
    What is your opinion on her beeing the old friend?

Not a hope, I'm afraid.

It's almost definitely Empire-related, and there was some talk during a livestream by the developers that dismissed the idea of Ariel commanding an army entirely, so she's unlikely to ever show.

Be surprised if the Wood Elves get anything more in the way of LL's, myself.

"Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • LuciferLucifer Member England U.KRegistered Users Posts: 1,864
    edited March 2017

Shall I put you out of misery. It's likely Krell, since you can currently play him as a legendary lord, as Mousillon. And that is without any mods, so.

Thought I'd show this nice line-up of The Red Duke, Krell and Kemmler.

I think the real question here is: Does this confirm Mousillon. >:)

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein

My steam workshop Warhammer II mods
    edited March 2017

Shall I put you out of misery. It's likely Krell, since you can currently play him as a legendary lord, as Mousillon. And that is without any mods, so.

Does not look very Krell to me.

------Red Dox
    @Red_Dox since it's most likely Empire related, what would you want this to be? Which Empire lord or province do you like the most?
  • MrJadeMrJade Senior Member Lansing, MIRegistered Users Posts: 7,165

Thought I'd show this nice line-up of The Red Duke, Krell and Kemmler.

I think the real question here is: Does this confirm Mousillon. >:)

That's... simply not true. How do you unlock Mousillon without mods? The working unlocker for Mousillon ADDS in Krell.
    Thrones of Britannia: 69/100
    Warhammer II: 73/100
    Warhammer: 79/100
    Attila: 70/100 [Age of Charlemagne: 72/100]
    Rome II: 49/100
    Shogun II: 93/100 [Fall of the Samurai: 95/100]
    Napoleon: 58/100
    Empire: 53/100
    Medieval II: 90/100 [Kingdoms: 90/100]
    Rome I: 88/100
    Medieval I: 92/100
    Shogun I: 84/100
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,899
    edited March 2017

Indypride said:

No matter which side of the debate You're on, using false arguments is unacceptable!!!!
    Actually your are both wrong.

Legendary Hero would mean, respawns after getting wound.

And the ghost of Belgar don't do this.

The GK is a special game mechanic and has little to do with the actually idea of LH.

And you can't turn all of the named heroes into GK like mechanics...
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • MrJadeMrJade Senior Member Lansing, MIRegistered Users Posts: 7,165
    SiWI said:

Indypride said:

Actually your are both wrong.

Legendary Hero would mean, respawns after getting wound.

And the ghost of Belgar don't do this.

The GK is a special game mechanic and has little to do with the actually idea of LH.

And you can't turn all of the named heroes into GK like mechanics...
    CA calls the Green Knight a Legendary Hero, and is called this in the game, as far as I know. But certainly during the announcement of Bretonnia and the Green Knight, CA said that he was the first Legendary Hero. So... There's that...
    Thrones of Britannia: 69/100
    Warhammer II: 73/100
    Warhammer: 79/100
    Attila: 70/100 [Age of Charlemagne: 72/100]
    Rome II: 49/100
    Shogun II: 93/100 [Fall of the Samurai: 95/100]
    Napoleon: 58/100
    Empire: 53/100
    Medieval II: 90/100 [Kingdoms: 90/100]
    Rome I: 88/100
    Medieval I: 92/100
    Shogun I: 84/100