Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Ariel the old friend?

1235»

Comments

• GradenGraden Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 733

Boris flc for Beastmen owners. Ar Ulric dlc with Middenheim units plus another LL.

That's my guess.

Hm. Haven't thought about that. Interesting, it could work indeed.
  • az88az88 Registered Users Posts: 3,073

Boris flc for Beastmen owners. Ar Ulric dlc with Middenheim units plus another LL.

That's my guess.

Can we also get Dieter Helsnicht?
  • EizoEizo Registered Users Posts: 1,016
    isn't Markus Wulfhart from or at least operates in Middenland even though he the Huntsmarshal for the Empire?
    I could see him as the DLC LL along with Huntsmen.
    Eizo said:

isn't Markus Wulfhart from or at least operates in Middenland even though he the Huntsmarshal for the Empire?

He's from Middenland, yes.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,701
    az88 said:

Eizo said:

He's from Middenland, yes.
    there are so many nice characters... and i would like to ahve them all...
    The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • chrissher7chrissher7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,038
    MrJade said:

MrJade said:

Sbygneus said:

I hope Old Friend is not something for VC again. This would not be fair while other factions are lacking stuff badly.

I don't think anyone thinks it will be a VC character. Some say Boris (I don't), some say Marius (I don't), some say a mechanic (possible), and I say it will be a trailer for Game II, or Kislev. Or it could be Felix Jaegar, which seems more likely to me than Boris or Marius.
    trailer for Game II would make as much sense for the "Old Friend" moniker as the suggestions that it might be Ariel/Sigmar/God-Emperor of Men imho... and Felix Jaeger? Without Gotrek Gurnisson? Would be kinda lacking a bit wouldnt it? Like Skarsnik without Gobbla...
    I just don't trust CA to not do something shady after the VCLL was the MWNL contest reward. I thought we would be getting ANOTHER new LL, not the one that was already promised. Furthermore, if its a trailer, it explains the lack of release date, as it has to be released x time before Game 2 is ready.

As far as Felix goes, others have found evidence for him in the audio files just like Isabella.
    I knew she was supposed to be FLC as soon as she was announced, and I was right. However, I don't think it could be a trailer for game 2. It has an Empire background. The Empire is the only base game race with less than 4 LLs or a subfaction (I personally don't get the craze behind them but other people want them.). It has to be something to do with the Empire. I still haven't discounted it being revealed ALONGSIDE a game 2 trailer and providing some connecting tissue to the location of game 2.
    There would be lots of interesting ways to do Middenland.

You could have Wulfhart in the game in various ways. As a hero he could have a % chance of joining an army that's fighting Beastmen or Orcs, for example. Or he could be Legendary hero. As a LL (an odd one) he'd be a nice change of pace from the usual Empire lord choices, operating kind of like a Waystalker.

Beastmen would be a big issue. They could also add in Helsnicht and maybe give him Brass Keep (a good defensive position) or one of Middenland's settlements (breaking up their power), with him starting at war with you. That and the Beastmen would probably keep Middenland from steamrolling over the Empire.

We are all guessing, to be honest - and that's what CA will have been hoping for. This is producing really good engagement. There's loads of cool stuff in Warhammer and a lot of it will likely never make it in.
  • kroghammerkroghammer Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 208
    I don't know why this is still much of a debate. Three points to who is really the old friend...

1 in the bretonia streams the devs said that Kemmler would be getting some love

2 in the PC gamer interview they said the team has mostly moved on to the 2nd game (so the likelihood of something else AND Kemmler getting some love would be small)

3 the wording is important... friend meaning they are usually together, (connected in more ways than Boris is with the Emperor) and... old meaning "dilapidated, broken-down, beat-up, run-down, tumbledown, ramshackle, decaying, crumbling, disintegrating" in other words undead.

= Krell
    Team Nippon
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,766

I don't know why this is still much of a debate. Three points to who is really the old friend...

2 in the PC gamer interview they said the team has mostly moved on to the 2nd game (so the likelihood of something else AND Kemmler getting some love would be small)

3 the wording is important... friend meaning they are usually together, (connected in more ways than Boris is with the Emperor) and... old meaning "dilapidated, broken-down, beat-up, run-down, tumbledown, ramshackle, decaying, crumbling, disintegrating" in other words undead.

= Krell

Sure, if we ignore the background to the image of the FLC which has been 100% accurate in giving us hints to what it might be and in this case is an Empire building.

But do go on.
    MarcusLivius: You are indeed a lord of entitlement.
  • WarlockeWarlocke Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,083
    I am really hoping that the last FLC is Boris released alongside a DLC which adds 2 or so legendary heroes for each main faction.
    ò_ó
  • ShadowkireShadowkire Registered Users Posts: 328
    I am going to guess that it will be Commander Morgan Bernhardt from Shadow of the Horned Rat and Dark Omen.

No evidence and almost no chance, but I have a wish.
  • oliverpmasonoliverpmason Registered Users Posts: 3,054

I am going to guess that it will be Commander Morgan Bernhardt from Shadow of the Horned Rat and Dark Omen.

Sven Carlsson as LL for playable Border Princes with Krell.
  • HircaneHircane Registered Users Posts: 119

= Krell

The VC already had enough love dude believe me it wont be them!
  • SbygneusSbygneus Registered Users Posts: 995
    We desperately need new Russian leak. The food for discussion.
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 12,942

This one gets it!!

I really hope its Morgan Bernhardt aswell.
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • DreadedNorwegianDreadedNorwegian Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,183
    Yeah nah no free lc for dlc. It`s going to invovle some of the base factions, not wood elves and such.
    Enig og tro til Dovre faller!

Yeah nah no free lc for dlc. It`s going to invovle some of the base factions, not wood elves and such.

What about morghur tho?
    Something funny just popped into my mind! What if its the always missed jabberslythe? I know its nearly impossible to happen but it would be such a surprise!
  • SbygneusSbygneus Registered Users Posts: 995
    Hircane said:

Something funny just popped into my mind! What if its the always missed jabberslythe? I know its nearly impossible to happen but it would be such a surprise!

Its true and I had predicted it long ago. I can already hear buzz of Jabby insectoid wings in the air.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,701
    Hircane said:

Jabberslythe for the Empire? I can already feel the outrage fromt he Beastmen fans... til now the background of the FLC list pictures gave a hint for what the FLC is... Orc banners for Wurrzag, Vampire building for Vlad... and oyu suggest that the Jabberslythe will have an Empire building int he background?
    The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • IcestrugleIcestrugle Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,257

Hircane said:

Jabberslythe for the Empire? I can already feel the outrage fromt he Beastmen fans... til now the background of the FLC list pictures gave a hint for what the FLC is... Orc banners for Wurrzag, Vampire building for Vlad... and oyu suggest that the Jabberslythe will have an Empire building int he background?
    Maybe as a free update as harpies or chaos units.
  • MattzoMattzo Member United KingdomRegistered Users Posts: 1,433
    Middenland and Averland would be perfect for me.
    "Everything in war is simple. But the simplest thing is difficult."
  • GradenGraden Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 733
    Mattzo said:

Middenland and Averland would be perfect for me.

It would be perfect for almost everyone to be honest :D. A man can dream.