Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Why TEB/Dogs of War would be the best option for early-adopter bonus

kroghammerkroghammer Junior MemberPosts: 208Registered Users
edited April 2017 in General Discussion
TEB/Dogs of War is the best option for an early adopter bonus for the following reasons.

1. They are not expected at all (not part of the 16 main races) - so people would be excited about these new factions and not cry about them having a no DLC for DLC problem.

2. They connect game 1 and 2 - the factions in the east and the west would be playable - and the LL's could start in a boat off shore in either campaign.

3. It would offer a different playstyle instead of race to the vortex - in game 2 they could have an economy based victory condition because that is their goal to pillage the new world. They would also serve as a recuring annoyance to the main 4 races in game 2 as they come in their ships.

4. Some of the units could be used for a mercenary system in some of the factions for game 1 and maybe game 2.

5. The whole world feels more complete with less Empire clones, and it would give hope to others wanting Kislev to eventually be in the game.

6. It allows people who like playing human a chance to play one in the new world (and for people like me, a chance to smash humans with other races).

So CA if you are not planning already to make this the early-adopter bonus, I would recommend a change of plans, this would really complete the game and IMHO is the best way to promote game 2.

I want to point out that I am not a TEB/Dogs of War fan, I don't usually like playing human factions - in fact I haven't even played an Empire campaign. -But even then, I still think this is the best early-adopter bonus possible. Give a like if you agree.
Team Nippon

Comments

• Neolucifer2000Neolucifer2000 Junior Member Posts: 956Registered Users
    I will buy that

Demand more love for Empire and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Built-in RoR like Hochland Long Rifles and Knightly orders! Doombull, Wargor, Ghorgon, Jabberslythe, Tuskboar chariot and God-specific Gors! #MakeOldWorldGreatAgain
  • CnConradCnConrad Senior Member Posts: 3,130Registered Users
    I don't think it's likely, but it would sell day 1 to me.

Would be a huge fan.
  • theedge634theedge634 Senior Member Posts: 1,772Registered Users
    Yea, I don't think it's likely at all... BUT, I'm all for the incorporation of TEB/Dogs of War. I'm so on board with minor factions. Even if they are just NPC in campaign and have extremely limited rosters. Doesn't matter to me, still think it's super fun.
  • EizoEizo Posts: 1,006Registered Users
  • EbdanianAdmiralEbdanianAdmiral Posts: 11Registered Users
    Eizo said:

TEB?

The Elder Biscuit. A fairly uncommon Warhammer term used to describe Sigmar themed pottery
  • EizoEizo Posts: 1,006Registered Users

Eizo said:

TEB?

The Elder Biscuit. A fairly uncommon Warhammer term used to describe Sigmar themed pottery
    Well that the opposite of an enticing early adopter bonus for people to buy.

though my guess on the Pre-order bonus is the safe choice of a playable subfaction, not anything fancy like an entire new faction outside of the 16 core races.
  • NflicknerNflickner Junior Member Posts: 58Registered Users
    Eizo said:

TEB?

Telia, Estalia, Border Princes
  • kroghammerkroghammer Junior Member Posts: 208Registered Users
    Eizo said:

though my guess on the Pre-order bonus is the safe choice of a playable subfaction, not anything fancy like an entire new faction outside of the 16 core races.

Probably true... however, when they say they are expanding what they first planned, I cannot think it is only to add a couple of more units from the main 16. I don't care if it delays release for another 2 months, because if they added this, this game would be pre-ordered like crazy. -Which is good for warhammer fans, and CA.
    Team Nippon
  • SilferSilfer Posts: 417Registered Users
    The early adopter is for GAME 2, the incentive for those who have game 1 and buy game 2 is the mega campaign, game 2 and 1 are stand alone and separated games plz stop inventing early adopter that those who only buy game 2 can't play
    Silfer said:

The early adopter is for GAME 2, the incentive for those who have game 1 and buy game 2 is the mega campaign, game 2 and 1 are stand alone and separated games plz stop inventing early adopter that those who only buy game 2 can't play

My point is they can be played in game 2 as well. Read the OP, I even suggest a separate victory condition where the goal of a playable TEB faction would be to pillage all the wealth in the new world.

It is a bonus for game 2, a bonus for game 1. win/win.
    Team Nippon
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 13,392Registered Users, Moderators
    Tilea, Estalia, and the Border Princes would be a nice one, I'll grant that.

But I do very much doubt that you are going to get them to change their mind. These things entered production ages ago. Probably as soon as Bretonnia launched, maybe earlier.

As a DLC though...
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • IronwolfIronwolf Posts: 31Registered Users
    Would love this as a DLC, think it fits well. Might be a bit much for an early adopter bonus.
  • Xalek96Xalek96 Junior Member Posts: 310Registered Users
    I dont think CA will do this as an early adopter, i think they will get flashbacks to CW preorder and look how that turned out, doing a race as a pre incentive isnt a good idea in their book at the moment. Maybe as a DLC later down the line sure
    "Heavily armoured, gilded, decked out in layers of steel that an Empire warhorse would have struggled to carry, let alone charge with. Formidable. Not for nothing did men across the Old World fear the onslaught of the knights of Bretonnia." -- Reiksmarshal Kurt Helborg, observing Bretonnia's Knights.
    ep12xtrgw3gn.jpg

• Neolucifer2000Neolucifer2000 Junior Member Posts: 956Registered Users
    Xalek96 said:

I dont think CA will do this as an early adopter, i think they will get flashbacks to CW preorder and look how that turned out, doing a race as a pre incentive isnt a good idea in their book at the moment. Maybe as a DLC later down the line sure

yeah true, but were talking about a minor faction...the chaos warriors were a main faction, and they are the main villains of the lore!

Demand more love for Empire and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Built-in RoR like Hochland Long Rifles and Knightly orders! Doombull, Wargor, Ghorgon, Jabberslythe, Tuskboar chariot and God-specific Gors! #MakeOldWorldGreatAgain
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 10,392Registered Users

TEB/Dogs of War is the best option for an early adopter bonus for the following reasons.

Bring it on.

1. They are not expected at all (not part of the 16 main races) - so people would be excited about these new factions and not cry about them having a no DLC for DLC problem.

Fair, continuing.
    2. They connect game 1 and 2 - the factions in the east and the west would be playable - and the LL's could start in a boat off shore in either campaign.

I wasn't never sold on the idea that a pre order bonus of game 2 would have stuff you can't use in game 2 without game 1.
    3. It would offer a different playstyle instead of race to the vortex - in game 2 they could have an economy based victory condition because that is their goal to pillage the new world. They would also serve as a recuring annoyance to the main 4 races in game 2 as they come in their ships.

I'm skeptical that this would work.
    Not only is the vortext kinda a big thing, so the DoW should interact with it somehow, but disconnecting them form it would mean they are kinda disconnecting with anyone else.
    And as "raiding horde faction"? I don't know... a bunch if adventures/mercenaries is a odd "DOOMSDAY" threat, next to BM, WoC ect.

4. Some of the units could be used for a mercenary system in some of the factions for game 1 and maybe game 2.

There is a reason that GW stooped that system, because it is kinda nightmare for balance.
    5. The whole world feels more complete with less Empire clones, and it would give hope to others wanting Kislev to eventually be in the game.

I hope that there is another race CA use for the cloning in game 2, then the Empire.
    6. It allows people who like playing human a chance to play one in the new world (and for people like me, a chance to smash humans with other races).

I found the "human angle" overrated.
    I know some people thought/think that only human can sell a game but I disagree with that.

So CA if you are not planning already to make this the early-adopter bonus, I would recommend a change of plans, this would really complete the game and IMHO is the best way to promote game 2.

I don't think they will change the early adopter bonus at this point ;)

But as race DLC's goes, DoW would be a candidate to expand the 16.

More then cathy.. or nippon....

Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • GaussiaGaussia Junior Member Posts: 1,260Registered Users
    The best early adopter bonus would be to get some TW:W 2 content into your TW:W1 campaign. Like Warlord Queek in The city of Pillar, or having Dark Elf Raiders appear. Or Tomb Kings with the map expanded in that direction.
    SiWI said:

I wasn't never sold on the idea that a pre order bonus of game 2 would have stuff you can't use in game 2 without game 1.

The point is that they would be a bonus for both games, playable in either/both.

I'm skeptical that this would work.
    Not only is the vortext kinda a big thing, so the DoW should interact with it somehow, but disconnecting them form it would mean they are kinda disconnecting with anyone else.
    And as "raiding horde faction"? I don't know... a bunch if adventures/mercenaries is a odd "DOOMSDAY" threat, next to BM, WoC ect.

I don't mind horde factions, but that is not what I was proposing. In the lore there are some old world settlements in the new world. Better to start there for the player to try and conquer the new world and have a goal of building up gold to send back to the old world (like in real history).

Being disconnected with anyone else just makes the faction neutral to the other 4. More ways to co-opt, make allies, or a whole different challenge.

There is a reason that GW stooped that system, because it is kinda nightmare for balance.

While true, this isn't a multiplayer game, balance is not as critical as asymmetrical gameplay.

I hope that there is another race CA use for the cloning in game 2, then the Empire.

Then they would already be halfway there with a TEB/DoW faction.

I found the "human angle" overrated.
    I know some people thought/think that only human can sell a game but I disagree with that.

I agree it is overrated, my point is others disagree with us.

I don't think they will change the early adopter bonus at this point ;)

But as race DLC's goes, DoW would be a candidate to expand the 16.

More then cathy.. or nippon....

I am not so sure about that, they did change the WoC... while not the best decision because it was a main faction, it still got them in the game as playable. So it did have it's positives and negatives. People already expect TEB/DoW to be a DLC if at all... so if it were an early adopter bonus, I think it would be positively received.

Team Nippon
  • RiddlebickRiddlebick Posts: 236Registered Users
    Just give us content earlier than WhTw2 release.

And dont sell said content after release.
    Just give it as adapter bonus sooner.

Please, CA.
    No bargaining and haggling to get player purses.
    Its a good game, no need to lure us into a "making a good deal" emotion.
    :#
  • SilferSilfer Posts: 417Registered Users
    Gaussia said:

The best early adopter bonus would be to get some TW:W 2 content into your TW:W1 campaign. Like Warlord Queek in The city of Pillar, or having Dark Elf Raiders appear. Or Tomb Kings with the map expanded in that direction.

again, it's a separated game not just a expansion, if the buyer of game 2 don't have game 1 he will not be able to play the paid contet also the early adopter is for GAME 2 so it's a dlc for GAME 2 not game 1
  • JachymulusJachymulus Posts: 228Registered Users
    edited April 2017
    there could be some cool idea i came up with right now:
    As tilean/estalian collonist you´d have to war over every inch of land in the Lustria, Southlands and middle Lustria, while having some money condition victory, or to just steal the shrines (the ones who would HE,DE,L,and skaven fight over), to get the valuable old magic amulets and selling them, to get even more money. Meanwhile you would have to fight all the major races and ally with estalia and sometimes betray them
  • FrancisFrancis Member Posts: 502Registered Users
    Would love this.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 10,149Registered Users
    edited April 2017
    If the four major races are going to be competing for these Vortex nodes all across the globe then Estalian adventurers could make that their goal in search of "treasure" (the nodes) rather than vortex control.

The more you control you gain economy or recruitment bonuses as more pirates come in search of plunder but it destabilises the vortex and you have to fight stacks of bad guys as the quest battles since you weaken the vortex "accidentally".
    Post edited by Commissar_G on
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • HondlisHondlis Junior Member Posts: 518Registered Users
    So best early adopter bonus for game 2 which is completely standalone would be fleshing out races for game 1 which is again completely standalone. That makes A LOT of sense. Just not to me...
  • theedge634theedge634 Senior Member Posts: 1,772Registered Users
    Hondlis said:

So best early adopter bonus for game 2 which is completely standalone would be fleshing out races for game 1 which is again completely standalone. That makes A LOT of sense. Just not to me...

Tilea and Estalia have establishments along the coast of Lustria.
  • HondlisHondlis Junior Member Posts: 518Registered Users

Hondlis said:

Tilea and Estalia have establishments along the coast of Lustria.
    "establishment"... nothing else here to say.
  • seienchinseienchin Senior Member Posts: 4,571Registered Users
    Agree on all pf this points but I still think demons of chaos would be better and more likely.
    They play an actual role in stories about the vortex and actually fight DE, HE and Lizardmen.
    seienchin said:

Agree on all pf this points but I still think demons of chaos would be better and more likely.
    They play an actual role in stories about the vortex and actually fight DE, HE and Lizardmen.

The main problem with Demons as an adopter bonus would be their cost to make and they are a main faction. So then they would fall under the no DLC for DLC policy. There would be much less work involved making TEB come to life.
    Team Nippon
  • boyfightsboyfights Junior Member Posts: 4,023Registered Users

seienchin said:

The main problem with Demons as an adopter bonus would be their cost to make and they are a main faction. So then they would fall under the no DLC for DLC policy. There would be much less work involved making TEB come to life.
    imo daemons would make particularly good dlc factions if they were split up by gods

i would easily pay $10 for say, all of the khorne daemons, 2-3 khorne daemons lords and a handful of ror

the rosters are small enough that they don't especially need dlc
    boyfights you are always here to confirmate every spark of originality
    or reason burns or acid bruises anyone,
    stop your gladiator love for agressions.