Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Why my FPS is so low ?

shadownealshadowneal Registered Users Posts: 4
my setup:

i5 [email protected]
EVGA GTX1080 FTW
16G ram @2400
game installed on M.2 SSD

all ultra setting, but lower the graphic setting to high doesn't increase FPS at all. newest drive on gtx1080.

I got 20 - 30 fps when armies contacts (120men in one unit) and my GPU only work at 50%-60%, CPU never reach 80% (two of the core couldn't even reach 60%).

what is going here ? is it my problem or CA's ? what can I do here?

Tagged:

Comments

• Neolucifer2000Neolucifer2000 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 956
    You need to get a better computer lmao

Demand more love for Empire and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Built-in RoR like Hochland Long Rifles and Knightly orders! Doombull, Wargor, Ghorgon, Jabberslythe, Tuskboar chariot and God-specific Gors! #MakeOldWorldGreatAgain
  • psychoakpsychoak Registered Users Posts: 2,598
    It sounds like you've got a problem. Your PC is way faster than mine in terms of both GPU and CPU, you shouldn't be seeing similar performance to me with my i5 2500k at stock clock, and my 680 gtx. It's probably a driver issue or something.
  • WarlockeWarlocke Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,680

That is not the problem. His setup is a bit better than mine but I maintain 50 - 60 fps with everything on ultra.
    ò_ó
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,457
    Warlocke said:

That is not the problem. His setup is a bit better than mine but I maintain 50 - 60 fps with everything on ultra.
    i think he was making a joke
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN!"

CA hates the Empire confirmed. The FLC LL for the new Lord Pack is Gor-Rok. Meaning the Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. And no, moving Balthasar Gelt from Reikland, where he should be, DOES NOT COUNT. If they wanted a LL in the Southern Empire: Marius Leitdorf of Averland or maybe Elspeth von Draken in Nuln...

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?

GHAL MARAZ IS THE WEAPON OF THE SETTING! YET SOME BRETONNIAN SWORD IS MORE POTENT?! BUFF GHAL MARAZ IN SIGMAR'S NAME!
  • WarlockeWarlocke Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,680

Warlocke said:

i think he was making a joke
    Perhaps.
    ò_ó
  • shadownealshadowneal Registered Users Posts: 4
    so any way to test my system ?
  • LestaTLestaT Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,290
    DX11 or DX12?
  • shadownealshadowneal Registered Users Posts: 4
    LestaT said:

DX11 or DX12?

DX11 and in 1080p.

also just ran geekbench, the score I got its 5565, normal for 7600k.
  • AnnoyedOneEyedGuyAnnoyedOneEyedGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,080

so any way to test my system ?

go to Settings, graphics click advanced and in the bottom hit benchmark and see what it says
  • Nyanko73Nyanko73 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,351
    edited April 2017
    You must have some performance parameters in windows which forbid you to use everything for gaming, like power saving stuff. If you use windows 10, get the creators update and make sure gaming is on. As well, if your SSD is almost full, might make your system slower. You might want to defrag your disks.

Are you playing on a 4K display by any chance?

Team Yennefer

"A blinding flash materialised into a transparent sphere, and inside it loomed a shape, assuming contours and shapes at frightening speed. Dandelion recognised it at once. He knew those wild, black curls and the obsidian star on a velvet ribbon. What he didn’t know and had never seen before was the face. It was a face of rage and fury, the face of the goddess of vengeance, destruction and death." - Time of contempt
  • CnConradCnConrad Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,130
    There is no reason at all you should be near that low. It is definitely something on your end.

All I can think is try resetting your drivers and making sure your computer is actually using the 1080 I have heard of it defaulting to integrated graphics on occasion.