Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

CA and Sega needs to stop working with and using the Total War Reddit sub.

13»

Comments

• SnapperaSnappera Senior Member Posts: 1,201Registered Users
    hendo1592 said:

Nazred said:

What is SJWs??

A made up phrase to ignore social contexts and block empathy from any experiences outside of ones' own.

@boyfights It's so easy to smile at that gif. I don't think violence is the answer but alas I am human.
    I thought he was joking by sending the gif. Surely right?

If not, well, assaulting somebody for having disgusting words come out of their mouths is really dangerous. If the Alt-Right and SJWs just started killing each other rather than just shouting at each other it would be a horror.

But seriously, this is now getting too intense for the TW forums.
    New Culture Pack - Total War Forums

Eternal Virginity: -2 provincial growth rate
    DLC Rage: 2x discontent from taxes
    PC Master Race Prices: -10% unit recruitment cost
    Inaccurate Historical Knowledge: Can recruit units from nearby factions
    Older Demographic: +25% Research Rate
  • GunKingGunKing Posts: 581Registered Users
    hendo1592 said:

To op I would suggest you just learn to speak to your audience, and possibly allow explanation before you "go off" on anyone.

Indeed! tumblr would be more accepting of OP's thought process. Or a university campus. Normal people really don't care if Pepe has "CONNOTATIONS". I won't stop liking sugar just because Hitler liked sugar!
  • ITA_Vae_VictisITA_Vae_Victis Senior Member ItalyPosts: 1,585Registered Users
    edited April 2017
    Is this travesty of a thread seriously still going on?
  • MatmannenMatmannen Senior Member Posts: 1,235Registered Users

This feels like a troll thread. It can't be serious. Surely.

This is probably a troll, as this is his first post. I would advise you guys not to give much brain energy to this. It's a bit too stereotypically written I'd say.
    MachineCultist was a somewhat r/total war regular before the ban. Looks like he decided to share his grievances here with the rest of you too.
    Even if he is real, reporting posts such as joke images using words he doesn't like is just something I can't take seriously. If he is real he sounds very annoying and I'm not mad he's banned.

Ironically I'm banned from all of reddit right now myself, for posting a facebook comment section (it was public, on CA's facebook comment section). Admins aren't responding to me. Oh well.
    That's to bad. Personally, I have no sympathy for the easily offended, especially not when they're try to provoke draconian responses from our overlords by threatening to slander the company's name in the ideologically driven clickbait press...
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,758Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Closed and moved.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
This discussion has been closed.