Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Should I ever use fire and advance?

doritolord50doritolord50 Posts: 7Registered Users
Sorry for all the questions in a string, I'm trying to get a master strategy so I'm trying to see what to use when. In this case it happens to be fire and advance...when is that best used?
Also is that where your troops walk forward but fire at the same time?

Comments

• GoslingGosling Senior Member Posts: 1,887Registered Users
    Fire and Advance is when your troops shoot, then the next rank moves forward. Repeat.

No, generally you should not bother. It suffers from reduced range, firepower, and takes up more space. Stick with normal shooting.
    "I'm gonna stomp 'em to dust. I'm gonna grind their bones. I'm gonna burn down dere towns and cities. I'm gonna pile 'em up inna big fire and roast 'em. I'm gonna bash heads, break faces, and jump up and down on the bits that are left.

An' den I'm gonna get really mean."

Grimgor Ironhide, Black Orc Warboss.
  • doritolord50doritolord50 Posts: 7Registered Users
    ah ok. i think that would be cool tho, the troops firing at will while they advance for a bayonet charge.
    wait...that cant happen can it? they did that in the american civil war i think but i dont know if they would do that in this era.