Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Lizardmen in engine trailer coming 11/5/2017

Comments

• GunKingGunKing Registered Users Posts: 600
    A journey into darkest Kekistan... to find the rarest of Pepes...
  • TyrionLamperougeTyrionLamperouge Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 268
    GunKing said:

A journey into darkest Kekistan... to find the rarest of Pepes...

Lord mazdamundi is going to build a wall and make the skaven pay for it!
  • Ancalagon74Ancalagon74 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 215
    Kopesh said:

knodo85 said:

11/5/2017?

Watch it be November 5th.

That is how you write dates correctly: day, month, year.

So, 11th May 2017.
    You can take your fancy date writing and cram it up your metric system. Chants Of "USA" slowly fade away... ;)
  • SetrusSetrus Senior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 18,522
    edited May 2017
    Terradons confirmed. :tongue:
    corvo said:

Setrus said:

Terradons confirmed. :tongue:

Since begining

Cheers. :tongue:

Kopesh said:

knodo85 said:

11/5/2017?

So, 11th May 2017.
    You can take your fancy date writing and cram it up your metric system. Chants Of "USA" slowly fade away... ;)
    The other way around makes a total of 0 sense. :lol:
    Don't worry.
  • Gr_Ad_KinzGr_Ad_Kinz Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,056
    Kopesh said:

knodo85 said:

11/5/2017?

So, 11th May 2017.
    Kopesh said:

knodo85 said:

11/5/2017?

So, 11th May 2017.
    Not really. Maybe in Europe, but it is different in the U.S. - The date would be 5/11/2017 here. Can't say either one is right or wrong.
    Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war.
    Donald Trump

• TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,470

Kopesh said:

knodo85 said:

11/5/2017?

So, 11th May 2017.
    Kopesh said:

knodo85 said:

11/5/2017?

So, 11th May 2017.
    Not really. Maybe in Europe, but it is different in the U.S. - The date would be 5/11/2017 here. Can't say either one is right or wrong.
    yes... but does this way of writing a date make sense?
    Day / Month / year... you have a nice order from smallest unit to biggest unit

while

Month / Day / Year goes: Middle - Smallest - biggest

if the day is important in the date it should be the first thing that's mentioned, if it's not important you can ignore it altogether...
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN!"

CA hates the Empire confirmed. The FLC LL for the new Lord Pack is Gor-Rok. Meaning the Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. And no, moving Balthasar Gelt from Reikland, where he should be, DOES NOT COUNT. If they wanted a LL in the Southern Empire: Marius Leitdorf of Averland or maybe Elspeth von Draken in Nuln...

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?

GHAL MARAZ IS THE WEAPON OF THE SETTING! YET SOME BRETONNIAN SWORD IS MORE POTENT?! BUFF GHAL MARAZ IN SIGMAR'S NAME!
  • perpetualdarknessperpetualdarkness Chicago, IllinoisRegistered Users Posts: 164
    edited May 2017
    In the US we write it as we pronounce it. So, if the day is the 11th of May, it's spoken as May 11th, so then we write the date as we say it, hence 5/11/17
    Team Lizardmen
  • PetromirPetromir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,151

In the US we write it as we pronounce it. So, if the day is the 11th of May, it's spoken as May 11th, so then we write the date as we say it, hence 5/11/17

We know that, because it doesn't make sense to say or write it that way is the reason we don't do it...

(now yyyy/mm/dd makes sense, as does yyyy/mm/dd/hh/mm/ss, but mm/dd/yyyy is illogical)
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,151
    It's a good thing we're focusing on what's important. Date semantics.
    Later
  • LiuzerLiuzer Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 74
    Tomorrow. We're a UK based company. Its easy wtf..
  • Macoa1066Macoa1066 Registered Users Posts: 341
    We know that, because it doesn't make sense to say or write it that way is the reason we don't do it...

To me it doesn't make sense why one would say a date one way yet write it another way.

But that's just my two cents.
    Updated 8/27/2017:
    Warhammer: 1400 hours
    Attila: 955 hours
    Rome II: 765 hours
    Medieval II: 570 hours
    Rome I: 160 hours
    Shogun II: 10 hours
  • HoneyBunHoneyBun Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,878
    Macoa1066 said:

To me it doesn't make sense why one would say a date one way yet write it another way.

If the day is 11th May, we say "the 11th of May". We don't say "May 11th". Americans do, but we don't.

So our system is both logical AND in line with how we speak

40K Total War ... oh go on ... you know you want to.

• ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 4,927

Us Britons use day/month/year, but no bugger uses the metric system. Largely to make the Liberal Democrats cry.

On t'other hand we don't use your system either, leading to much bafflement as to what the ruddy hell "cups" are meant to be as a unit of measurement.

Anyway..

I don't think I've ever seen a grumpier looking frog than Mazdamundi. Do you think someone teased him by playing Paul McCartney's "We all stand together" at him?
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • PetromirPetromir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,151
    Macoa1066 said:

We don't, as i said its doesn't make sense to say or write it that way so we don't. as @HoneyBun rightly says we say the 11th of May not May 11th.
  • NopeacejustwarNopeacejustwar Registered Users Posts: 945
    Really looking forward to see this tomorrow.
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,151
    It's my understanding that this date kerfuffle is the same reason high elves war with the dark elves.
    Later
  • knodo85knodo85 Member Registered Users Posts: 1,135
    Well that escalated quickly. See you on the battlefield.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,470
    knodo85 said:

Well that escalated quickly. See you on the battlefield.

if you get there on the right date :tongue: sorry...the discussion invited that joke^^
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN!"

CA hates the Empire confirmed. The FLC LL for the new Lord Pack is Gor-Rok. Meaning the Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. And no, moving Balthasar Gelt from Reikland, where he should be, DOES NOT COUNT. If they wanted a LL in the Southern Empire: Marius Leitdorf of Averland or maybe Elspeth von Draken in Nuln...

GHAL MARAZ IS THE WEAPON OF THE SETTING! YET SOME BRETONNIAN SWORD IS MORE POTENT?! BUFF GHAL MARAZ IN SIGMAR'S NAME!
  • EldrickEldrick Registered Users Posts: 395
    And of course it will actually be the 12th of May in New Zealand, where we use logical date ordering dd/mm/yyyy as well as a logical numbering system i.e. metric - but that goes with living in the future
  • Ancalagon74Ancalagon74 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 215
    Our system of dating ordering is illogical? Illogical! How many months in a year? 12. How many days in a month? 28, 29, 30, or 31. What's the year? 2017. Anyone else see the logic here? Smallest to largest. And if that isn't enough logic for you then "If p, then q"! :D

Our system of dating ordering is illogical? Illogical! How many months in a year? 12. How many days in a month? 28, 29, 30, or 31. What's the year? 2017. Anyone else see the logic here? Smallest to largest. And if that isn't enough logic for you then "If p, then q"! :D

no... with this argument you would have Month and Day switch place... so 3rd of May but May 5th :smiley:

it makes more sense to order it in order of smallest unit to biggest unit

• MrJadeMrJade Senior Member Lansing, MIRegistered Users Posts: 7,163
    edited May 2017
    Here in MURICA, the correct way, we do Month/Day/Number of terrorists killed by you without being shot back/Year

So today's date is 05/10/19/17
    Thrones of Britannia: 69/100
    Warhammer II: 73/100
    Warhammer: 79/100
    Attila: 70/100 [Age of Charlemagne: 72/100]
    Rome II: 49/100
    Shogun II: 93/100 [Fall of the Samurai: 95/100]
    Napoleon: 58/100
    Empire: 53/100
    Medieval II: 90/100 [Kingdoms: 90/100]
    Rome I: 88/100
    Medieval I: 92/100
    Shogun I: 84/100
  • PaulHPaulH Registered Users Posts: 1,365
    MrJade said:

Here in MURICA, the correct way, we do Month/Day/Number of friendly fire incidents without being shot back/Year

So today's date is 05/10/19/17

Fixed it for you :p
  • ErgiosErgios Registered Users Posts: 196
    Awesome news!
    Looking forward to it.
  • hendo1592hendo1592 Registered Users Posts: 1,608
    Here in America it's 11th of may 2017? Calling bull**** it has to be 1930s . Nevermind, that's still a compliment.

Kroq-gar is going to cause some elves to soil themselves tomorrow :)

I know they won't show it, but grim-loc not eating a fury tailed creature will be missed. ;)
  • HisShadowBGHisShadowBG Registered Users Posts: 2,545
    hendo1592 said:

Here in America it's 11th of may 2017? Calling bull**** it has to be 1930s . Nevermind, that's still a compliment.

Kroq-gar is going to cause some elves to soil themselves tomorrow :)

I know they won't show it, but grim-loc not eating a fury tailed creature will be missed. ;)

Not really cant wait to make some boots out of them adorable lizards
  • LiuzerLiuzer Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 74
    Nazred said:

So we are supposed to have a trailer today, no?

Yes, today
  • petertel123petertel123 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 761

Team Bretonnia
    Team Dark Elves
  • PaulHPaulH Registered Users Posts: 1,365
    Anyone heard what time the trailer might appear?
This discussion has been closed.