Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Co-op desync

ChivalricPandaChivalricPanda Registered Users Posts: 2
I was playing as Bretonnia and my brother as Empire, our game got desync error at around 50 turns, we tried to resync the game (it always worked for us before) but it didn't work. So we had to start over, however, desync happened at around 50 turns again. We figured there might be a bug or something so here we are, looking forward to a fix soon. Thanks!

Comments

• Grigorash1995Grigorash1995 Registered Users Posts: 1
    I encounter the same problem for three days in a row, but after half an hour of waiting, the problem passed by itself. Today I lost two hours, but the problem was not solved. Please sort it out.
  • 4b4dd0n4b4dd0n Registered Users Posts: 10
    We have the same problem. I think its a problem with the barbs from the north. If I played with chaos we could play to round 24x without problems. Since I played with Bretonia or with Imperium we got desync after round ~50-100. Cause of the many barb stacks or there heros.
  • SethrianSethrian Registered Users Posts: 2
    4b4dd0n said:

We have the same problem. I think its a problem with the barbs from the north. If I played with chaos we could play to round 24x without problems. Since I played with Bretonia or with Imperium we got desync after round ~50-100. Cause of the many barb stacks or there heros.

Can confirm. Was playing with a friend in 2 separate legendary campaigns. He was Bretonnia both times, while I played as the Empire and as the Von Carstein.

My friend held Marienburg both times. Since Bretonnia is at war with the Skellig from the start, they kept invading him, and their invasion always focused on Marienburg. Every single time 3+ of their armies arrived at the city, the game desync-ed.
  • 4b4dd0n4b4dd0n Registered Users Posts: 10
    It has definitly to do with the barbs. In our campaign we share the savegames so we could play one turn further after the first desync. At this point I managed to kill 4 stacks of the barbs which tried to invade the marienburg province. After that we could play 20 or 30 turns without any desync problems. Now the barbs come back with 3 stacks and also the descync problems are back.

So plz take a look into the norsca code and try to fix this...
  • Soulfly93Soulfly93 Registered Users Posts: 30
    Omg I love you guys, this needs to be adressed.

I was Playing with my friend multiplayer co-op. I Had Carcasonne and him, Wood Elves. at around turn 100, things began to go down the drain. De-syncs left & right, and it always appeared to be on the Warrior of Chaos, Skaeling, Beastmen or Varg turn( all horde factions, don't know if its relevant). Never on other factions. We both noticed it. Never in battles, always on the AI turn from the factions listed above.

We tried sending the host save via email and what not so he could put it in his files. Worked for 5 turns then desync on one of the factions above. We tried Hamachi with no results. We searched for answers endlessly on the web noticing that problem have been around for quite some time.

We put alot of hours and love into our campaign and would like to be able to finish this really fun journey!

If anyone have any kind of feedback or solution on this please let me know! We are desperate.
  • Trebor_twTrebor_tw Registered Users Posts: 599
    Friend and I always and I mean always get this issue between turn 37 and 50 on our bretonnia campaign. Played it through 3 times hoping its just mods but isnt. Dont coop bretonnia, it will break
  • Soulfly93Soulfly93 Registered Users Posts: 30
    two weeks gone by, can't finish our campaign. Some feedback weould be appreciated.
  • The_Flyin_ChodeThe_Flyin_Chode Registered Users Posts: 1
    A friend of mine and I were playing for the past 3 days Co Op campaign on the grand campaign. I was The Empire and he was Brettonia. After 2 turns automatically desync and there wasn't even a single battle going on. We reconnected and proceeded another 3 rounds with one battle happening and we were fine for another 2 turn when after a main battle sequence happened and while my friend was battling and I was watching both he and I were desynced and the battle was lost because of the desync. If this many people have complained about this problem before then I don't understand how the Total War creators haven't learned from the first time around the problem they dealt with before and try to fix it as they went along with the creative ideas. Being a marketer and helping and getting feedback from everybody in forums like these, all questions get answered in the timely matter they deserve. I create it you get my wisdom and my support logs. If this much time goes by anymore than it already has then I am just going to stop playing it overall without even having the option to return the game because its a computer game and you can not return computer games. CA if you truly care about your communities then please just please fix the desync problem and you won't have to hear from any of us about the persisting issue anymore. We bought something meaningful to us and the least we can expect from you is to just listen and act upon what we are telling you. Its like desynchronizing in Assassins Creed, leaving just to go back and start all over again. I just want to play your game and have no stability issues. So please CA please help us help you and in the end you will do us all well.
  • BillyRuffian#6250BillyRuffian#6250 Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 40,859
    If you want CA to investigate properly you need to give them the right information as outlined here https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/173603/please-read-if-you-experience-a-crash-hang-freeze#latest

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • ChivalricPandaChivalricPanda Registered Users Posts: 2
    Sethrian said:

4b4dd0n said:

Can confirm. Was playing with a friend in 2 separate legendary campaigns. He was Bretonnia both times, while I played as the Empire and as the Von Carstein.

My friend held Marienburg both times. Since Bretonnia is at war with the Skellig from the start, they kept invading him, and their invasion always focused on Marienburg. Every single time 3+ of their armies arrived at the city, the game desync-ed.
    That's exactly what happened to us too.
  • Alinsar13Alinsar13 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 37
    I am really tired of this desync **** =(
  • InfantryMadManInfantryMadMan Registered Users Posts: 1
    I still don't know exactly the cause of this desyncs, as they seem to happen to different people in different ways. Me and my friend have had lots of them on the campaign map, and until now we had managed to get past them by loading a previous save and continuing from there.
    However, that didn't help with the last one; with did help (don't ask why) was to avoid watching the AI movements on their turn, which can be done while you are waiting for the other (human) player to end his/her turn. The thing is that it works only when I specifically set that option, because whether he sets it or not, the desync happens again (in our case, when a certain dwarf army made a move, I don't remember the clan).
    I'm not saying this will definitely help, but it's worth a try, especially when you have tried everything like us.
  • buttskibuttski Member Registered Users Posts: 68
    edited May 2017
    desyncs happen since YEARS (at least since shogun 2) and CA didn't gave a flying fart about it till today (and my guess is they won't fix it in the future).

right now the coop campaigns are unplayable.
  • Combat_WombatCombat_Wombat Registered Users Posts: 4,092
    So CA cares about as much for co-op as they do any other form of MP.
    Just spent the last 2 hours trying to make it through only 4 turns with my brother. Through all the desyncs and out of the blue aborts we managed to make it absolutely nowhere. It's so nice CA decided to give all factions 2 start positions in game 2 though! No we can have desyncs as the same faction! Truly a step forward.
  • TvassilTvassil Registered Users Posts: 4
    Any solution to this?! We are facing the same issue around turn 104 and have tried everything to find fix. Playing on Mac so standard solution I have been seeing is not applicable. Would appreciate any help

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file