Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War WARHAMMER 2 - Introducing... Temple Guard

13»

Comments

• BarniniBarnini Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 179
    I'm hoping those god awful high elf shields are placeholders like how even the factions who should have had African elephants in Rome II had Asian elephants until later
  • dodge33cymrudodge33cymru Registered Users Posts: 2,831
    Personal opinion but I never imagined Temple Guard being so acrobat and jumpy, had them down more as a brute strength object. Still, looks very well done.
  • oliverpmasonoliverpmason Registered Users Posts: 1,995
    Got to admit I'm loving the shields!

And the kickass crocodile.
  • KGpoopyKGpoopy Registered Users Posts: 2,009

Personal opinion but I never imagined Temple Guard being so acrobat and jumpy, had them down more as a brute strength object. Still, looks very well done.

Well I'm going to be honest and frank about it.....I cringed when I saw him fly up in the air throwing his weapon up catching it and then slamming down like some B movie hero film.

But....I'll get used to it. I got over the state troop's spinny roo attack and their superman jump attack. (not really)
    But yes yes good animation job CA!
  • TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 12,406
    Barnini said:

I'm hoping those god awful high elf shields are placeholders like how even the factions who should have had African elephants in Rome II had Asian elephants until later.

It was Morathi work, she send agents to sabotage the High Elves fashion sense.
  • GoslingGosling Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,887
    Tayvar said:

Barnini said:

I'm hoping those god awful high elf shields are placeholders like how even the factions who should have had African elephants in Rome II had Asian elephants until later.

I'm pretty sure no elf would wear anything if they didn't look more than just a little good in it.

Nothing's not a bad choice if you're an elf.

"I'm gonna stomp 'em to dust. I'm gonna grind their bones. I'm gonna burn down dere towns and cities. I'm gonna pile 'em up inna big fire and roast 'em. I'm gonna bash heads, break faces, and jump up and down on the bits that are left.

An' den I'm gonna get really mean."

Grimgor Ironhide, Black Orc Warboss.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,690
    Gosling said:

Tayvar said:

Barnini said:

I'm pretty sure no elf would wear anything if they didn't look more than just a little good in it.

Nothing's not a bad choice if you're an elf.

they tend to look the best after an Az has been lodged into their brain
    #RIP BORIS! KILLED BY CA AND GW WITH SHORTSIGHTED CRUELTY JUST TO SHOVE KOSTALTYN DOWN OUR THROATS!

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • xXTacitusXxxXTacitusXx Registered Users Posts: 40
    Dear god that roar at the end. <3
  • capybarasiesta89capybarasiesta89 Senior Member Bath, UKRegistered Users Posts: 5,152

Dear god that roar at the end. <3</p>

Sound design is really good so far, I'm mostly worried about soundtrack and flutes of Doom. Probably whole Lizardmen soundtrack will be nothing but flutes of Beddow l.
    #JusticeForTzeentch #JusticeForMonogods

7bmg1fojzz69.jpg
  • ladymissfitladymissfit Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,722
    Gosling said:

Tayvar said:

Barnini said:

The Dark elves prove that wrong.

Sound design is really good so far, I'm mostly worried about soundtrack and flutes of Doom. Probably whole Lizardmen soundtrack will be nothing but flutes of Beddow l.
    How is that bad? flutes are awesome for war!
    Chaos lords should be women

Army painter plox
  • VonhellstingVonhellsting Registered Users Posts: 825

No no they need the didgeridoo! :D

Gosling said:

Tayvar said:

Barnini said:

Um...I don't know what I said was wrong, but I'm pretty sure what you just said goes with exactly what I said.
    "I'm gonna stomp 'em to dust. I'm gonna grind their bones. I'm gonna burn down dere towns and cities. I'm gonna pile 'em up inna big fire and roast 'em. I'm gonna bash heads, break faces, and jump up and down on the bits that are left.

Gosling said:

Gosling said:

Tayvar said:

Barnini said:

Um...I don't know what I said was wrong, but I'm pretty sure what you just said goes with exactly what I said.
    uhm, you wrote like a triple negative. Have you TRIED making sense of it?

Army painter plox
  • DalakhDalakh Senior Member FranceRegistered Users Posts: 1,937
    Gosling said:

Gosling said:

Tayvar said:

Barnini said:

ladymissfit doesn't like dark elves. That might help you make sense out of her gibbering. :D
    "We shall strike down our foes with sharp steel and cold hearts. The weak die so that the strong prevail and none shall be spared. Then and only then will our enemies know the true meaning of fear."

— Malekith, Witch King of Naggaroth
  • alex33alex33 Registered Users Posts: 1,269

Oh i actually already forgot that the first game even has a soundtrack. VA and sound design in this total war is amazing but the music is a dreary as the swamp around skavenblight
  • Combat_WombatCombat_Wombat Registered Users Posts: 4,092
    Dalakh said:

Gosling said:

Gosling said:

Tayvar said:

Barnini said:

ladymissfit doesn't like dark elves. That might help you make sense out of her gibbering. :D
    Well the only good elf is a dead elf after all.
  • ShermanSherman Member Registered Users Posts: 916

KGpoopy said:

Well I'm going to be honest and frank about it.....I cringed when I saw him fly up in the air throwing his weapon up catching it and then slamming down like some B movie hero film.

But....I'll get used to it. I got over the state troop's spinny roo attack and their superman jump attack. (not really)
    But yes yes good animation job CA!
    We are talking about semi-naked lizards that fight in the jungle. I think that elite units moving with flexibility are reasonable.

they were made for combat. Being athletic is probably a given.

Army painter plox
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,065
    They are mountains of muscle and sinew, not mountains of fat. Being athletic is a given and also much more terrifinyg.
  • TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 12,406
    Krilral said:

Narrator: "The Temple Guards are the ultimate in discipline, forming an impenetrable formation of shields and scales while advancing on the enemy with stoic determination."

Video: "GET 'EM BOYZ! WAAAAAAAAGHHH!!!!"

Maybe the Temple Guards had totally lost their cool after they had saw the High Elves shields.

Gosling said:

Gosling said:

Tayvar said:

Barnini said:

No, I didn't.

"No elf would wear anything if they did not look more than just a little good in it"

I don't know how that doesn't make sense. That's not a triple negative.

In any case, what I said was pretty clear...

• Wargol5Wargol5 Registered Users Posts: 1,414
    Gosling said:

Gosling said:

Gosling said:

Tayvar said:

Barnini said:

No, I didn't.

"No elf would wear anything if they did not look more than just a little good in it"

Well, i don't want to wrote that i wouldn't think that i shouldn't say that it's not totally unclear.
  • KrilralKrilral Member Registered Users Posts: 910
    Gosling said:

Gosling said:

Gosling said:

Tayvar said:

Barnini said:

No, I didn't.

I got it the first time :)
    Not sure why people are hassling you over it. It's definitely not a triple negative or anything like that. It's not even a double negative, actually. Is it the most readable sentence ever? No. Does it make sense if you read it properly? Yes.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,757
    edited May 2017
    Question:

Aren't their weapon meant for slashing than to be thrown like spear?

Anyways, I hope it's not the only animation for them...
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,065
    jamreal18 said:

Question:

Yup, every animation is them throwing it. All day every day, they just throw it, even when braced. Those other animations you could very clearly see other Temple Guard units doing right next to the central ones? Not in game, all replaced by Spear-Throwing.

On a more serious note, if you actually zoom in the weapon is not blunt at all but rather has a bladed sharp top. Of course it isn't MEANT for throwing, but Temple Guard are strong enough that they could do it anyway.
    jamreal18 said:

Question:

They're 8-9 feet tall walls of serpentine slabs of muscle: it's not going to MATTER how pointy their big sticks are.

It's still going to go through them...