Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Oak of Ages Tier5 Beastmen Spawn

BoldElfBoldElf Registered Users Posts: 191
Hi I was wondering who else has got the Oak of Ages to tier 5 in the grand campaign and go the 3 big beast men stacks to spawn. if you have did you beastmen hordes actually move to attack?

On my campaign they moved after their initial spawn but for like 4 turns they have just sat there. they spawned a 4th horde that actually attacked me but the other 3 haven't moved. I am unsure if they are actually waiting for something as they are sort of surrounded on the map (but they have plenty of room to move) or they are bugged and just not moving at all.

Has anyone else encountered this or have other peoples horde been working correctly?

Comments

• DerbyherbDerbyherb Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 87
    This happens to me often, yup. I just upgraded Oak of Ages to tier V in my own WE campaign

There's also a regular beastmen spawn in Estalia that stands still.

It's not 100% of the time. They do move occasionally.
  • bli-nk#6314bli-nk#6314 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,956
    I think it is because the AI evaluates moves based on 1v1 battles first, by the time OfA is V there aren't many places a single Beastmen army can move and come out ok 1v1. If there is an opening and a couple Beastmen armies have a path toward a weaker target they will all move.
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society.” Mark Twain
  • BoldElfBoldElf Registered Users Posts: 191
    Hopefully that gets updated in an upcoming patch as I was on edge and awaiting the attack but its a bit anti climactic when they don't move at all as I have a lot of outposts they could skirt round my men and go for. I'm looking forward to the big battles with them.

I might take the fight to them as long as it doesn't put me in a bad position :)
  • lucibuis#6195lucibuis#6195 Registered Users Posts: 7,168
    By that time you should move and destroy them, no need to wait for them to come at you
    Ariel only, no fads allowed.

lucibuis said:

By that time you should move and destroy them, no need to wait for them to come at you

I have a better position to fight them where I am and the fact they have 3 full stacks with high tier units I need to prepare or catch them hence why I was waiting but I was expecting them to move towards me and I could have caught one out etc
  • bli-nk#6314bli-nk#6314 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,956
    Beastmen don't match up that well with WE actually. I was expecting big epic battles but it turned out to be some of the easiest battles of the entire campaign.
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society.” Mark Twain
  • azurewrath44#2760azurewrath44#2760 Registered Users Posts: 622
    I did this the other day. I had about 4 waves of 3-5 armies spawn and all head right for the oak. I seriously killed about 12 armies of beastmen before it was over. It was pretty crazy.
    Izariel said:

I did this the other day. I had about 4 waves of 3-5 armies spawn and all head right for the oak. I seriously killed about 12 armies of beastmen before it was over. It was pretty crazy.

Ok Cool it might not be bugged it might just be my set up is confusing them as I am very prepared defence wise jut not ready to take the fight to them when they are all so close to each other :)