Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

New Race Pack announced!

Comments

• FoefallerFoefaller Registered Users Posts: 178
    edited June 2017
    Foolish man-things! Can you not see-see that Old World Skaven would make the most reason-sense? Not only are they the greatest and most powerful race in the Old World, and yet have not appeared in the game, what better way for the cunning-devious minds of CA to tease-tease the sequel than to bring the likes of the unstoppable Queek Headtaker and the greatest Grey Seer Thanquol to grace the man-things, dwarf-things and green-things with their glorious presence?

And if I know the greedy man-things at CA (and I do-do, for they think like Skaven do) they probably think that they could make-make Old World Skaven as the pre-order bonus to Total War Warhammer 2. Buy the new game now, and play the greatest race in Warhammer Fantasy while you wait for the chance to kill-maim the elf-things and lizard-things of the New World! Or pay warpstone to fight-kill as the Skaven now, and pay less warpstone for the sequel if you decide you want more.
  • GobsmakaGobsmaka Registered Users Posts: 278
    (Sigh) just got off the hype train, guess it's time to reboard :)
  • MrMecHMrMecH Registered Users Posts: 2,289
    Now I doubt for Skaven. what will happen if someone buying Game2 and this Race Pack become Skaven too? Isn't it buy same race twice? Even there have different system and LL, I don't think it gonna worth for price.
    SHUT UP GIVE US GHORGON!!!!!

• MemnonMemnon Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 594
    Im not sure for 100% ...just for 99%.
    On main page this knight on horse have polish eagle ,and on battlefield i see teutonic banners.Looks like Tannenberg/Polish- Grunwald/ battle.Next DLC or new Total War?
    Looks soo promissing!
  • SbygneusSbygneus Registered Users Posts: 799
    There is also Wasteland with Marienburg possible.

I hope its not another Vampire Faction. Not yet.

The worst thing is that the earliest addon is by late summer ( Old Friend ) Its a hell of a long time without new content :(
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,051
    Red_Dox said:

[_]Norsca (since NPC Skeggi seems to be in game#2 not that far fetched)

You are well knowing about more obscure Warhammer knowledge, so maybe mind to describe what a Norscan roaster could bring to make it work?
    As I see it, they are what WoC have till tier 2-3.
    I'm only aware of the mammoth .

[_]Tomb Kings (Nehekhara is already on the game#1 map and if game#2 features the southlands, it makes sense to have them ready)

kinda my best bet in the moment:
    besides what you mentioned, ask yourself: who is worth that Kislev isn't getting the shot? From not the major races, no one is higher then Kislev. And from the major races I found TK the most plausible to come before game 2.
    Perhaps they were planed as pre order DLC race, but they made them a "regular" DLC instead?

true with the captial but wouldn't that mean you sell skaven twice?
    I sceptical that CA would risk the "internet wrath" for something like this.
    [_]Dogs of War (Tilea in the Old World and the units will then be the bridge for game#2 Lustria colonies, the strange npc "rogue armies" who scatter the upcoming map and maybe a general Regiment of Renown concept for the *real* mercenaries.

After TK my best bet.
    The area on the map is a bit under use, they are relevant for game 2 and have potential in terms of units thanks to DoW.

[_]Araby (like Tomb kings they could already be placed on the game#1 map and they should play a role on the game#2 and/or sandboxcombo map)

Not a bad one either but I would rank them below almost anyone else, besides Norscan and Skaven.

That are the DLCs I can see there. Hard to say which they pick with no information at all. If they skip the minicampaign part the DLC could be 50% cheaper

look at the prices for WoC at steam then you should know the price.

and in case of Skaven, maybe there could be a Steam price redux for the maingame if you buy it while owning the DLC. or if Skaven, the DLC could be dirtcheap on itself since most of the work is already done for game#2 anyway and it is just a little something for people who plan to stay in teh Old World and skip game#2 but still want rats on the Old world.

while this addresses my concerns about them to some extend I don't think that would work too well or at least wouldn't look bad.

Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • TheGhostOfProman16TheGhostOfProman16 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,749
    Humans have different races Americans, Asians, Africans so a recreated human faction can be considered a new race my bet is that the new faction will probably have some ties to game 2

Which make me think Estalia or Norscans then they said unique campaign mechanics which makes me lean toward Norscans having some kind of Tribal or Raiding type thing.

But Estalia could bring Dogs of War or Merchant type mechanics...

If it is Estalia atleast they can get rid of the empire clones in the southern realms
    Died during the great YOYO wars
  • TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 12,081

The 'no DLC for DLC' makes me really, really hope it isn't Skaven because I can't really see them releasing Skaven as a DLC pack for game 1 and then Pestilens+ as one of the 4 core races for Game 2.

Hoping Tomb Kings, expecting a Human faction to be made playable so all the races have 2+ starting locations.

So you don't want the Skaven to suffer from being made into "DLC Faction" and then in turn getting screwed by the "No DLC for DLC" Policy, but you okey with the Tomb Kings getting screwed?
  • Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 5,868

- Kislev ---> Already stated that it won`t be Kislev, very sad but personally....I think they WILL do Kislev at some point but more closely to game 3 instead. Why? Because game 3 will be chaos-focussed and Kislev should play a role in that, making them perfect as "final enemies" for chaos to invade the old world.

I think the mention is a very good sign. They acknowledged the hype, so they'll probably act on it in the future.
  • chezequerzchezequerz Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 300
    I want it to be Skaven with Queek and Ikit Claw as LL so it can tie into the King and the Warlord DLC and then allow them to add Thanquol and Skrolk (who have more reason to be in WTW2 anyway) introduced into a differently organised Skaven roster featuring Pestilens units.

Of course the fact I want this means it won't be the case and we'll get something boring like Marienburg with an empire reskin and a slightly different mechanic or something but I can dream.
    wyrd bið ful aræd
  • ITA_Vae_VictisITA_Vae_Victis Senior Member ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 1,649
    edited June 2017
    Norsca has some stuff that might be used to create a decent standalone faction. Even units with GW (Forgeworld) official models, like the Skinwolves, Cursed Ettin and of course the War Mammoth.

From this to saying it is most likely, or even just likely Norsca, that's still quite a stretch...
  • Gr_Ad_KinzGr_Ad_Kinz Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,060
    90% sure it is Border Princes/Estalia. Considering they would actually tie into Game 2 since they have a presence in it already.
    Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war.
    Donald Trump

Humans have different races Americans, Asians, Africans so a recreated human faction can be considered a new race my bet is that the new faction will probably have some ties to game 2

Which make me think Estalia or Norscans then they said unique campaign mechanics which makes me lean toward Norscans having some kind of Tribal or Raiding type thing.

But Estalia could bring Dogs of War or Merchant type mechanics...

If it is Estalia at least they can get rid of the empire clones in the southern realms

Americans and Africans are not really a thing in Warhammer World, as they replaced by Greenskins, Lizardmen and possible Elves. In the Warhammer World they tend to use the term "race" even in cases where Faction would be an much more correct term. Empire and Bretonnia are not different Race, and the same goes for the Elven Factions. There are Asians in the Warhammer World, but there are not much Lore about them, and they are far on the Map, from both the Old World, and the New World.

http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Cathay
  • IchonIchon Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,140
    1. Norscans
    2. TEB
    3. Halfings
    4. Forest Goblins
    5. Skaven
    6. Tomb Kings

Not sure what else it could be.
    YouTube, it takes over your mind and guides you to strange places like tutorials on how to talk to a giraffe.
  • mcar110mcar110 Member United KingdomRegistered Users Posts: 445
    edited June 2017
    I'd go for Norsca as my guess. I'm not sure what kind of mechanics you could do for them, but there's enough stuff out there unit wise for CA to work on. Here's a good army book for example (with some pretty awesome unit possibilities):

https://issuu.com/m4cr1ii3n/docs/warhammer-armies---norse_20100908_225556

Remember it has to be signed off by Games Workshop regardless
  • GradenGraden Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 681

Graden said:

I want it to be Middenland, but since it will have new mechanics, I doubt it...I'm sorry Boris, I have failed you!
    My bet is Southern Realms or Norsca.

I bet that with the next patch, be it with the old friend or this DLC we will see middenland and mousillon as playable.
    I really, REALLY hope so...especially for Middenland.
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,507
    edited June 2017
    SiWI said:

Red_Dox said:

[_]Norsca (since NPC Skeggi seems to be in game#2 not that far fetched)

You are well knowing about more obscure Warhammer knowledge, so maybe mind to describe what a Norscan roaster could bring to make it work?
    As I see it, they are what WoC have till tier 2-3.
    I'm only aware of the mammoth .
    I would start with the 4th edition list
    http://www.tabletopwelt.de/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=341254
    and even if some concepts from the "Viking" era seem outdated or not Chaos touched enough, there is still stuff to throw around. The fanmade 8th edition version https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_Redi9cZJ5iUnRkYmR6V1YxNFk/view would be a solid example. I know, some people are rageing just by the sheer thought of "fanmade" but lets keep in mind that the same source with the 8th edition Bretonnia book
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_Redi9cZJ5iS3JheVpnUXRkSU0/view
    was not that far away from some changes CA did to the bretonian roster ;)

The WFRP Tome of Corruption had also some infos and artworks for Norsemen. True, that was more from the RP charackter perspective but some stuff might prove useful. A Norsca army without the hardcore Chaos elements (magic; Chaos Warriors; Daemons-monsters) could surley work. And we had already some topic to point that out in the past , so we do not need to debate it in detail here again ;)
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/190768/norsca-army-list-from-official-sources
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/193678/norsca-lore-campaign-roster-and-more

------Red Dox
  • baronblackbaronblack Registered Users Posts: 3,218
    Well, whatever it is (I hope for Tilea, cause they have LLs, and are in a part of the map completely untouched by anyone, apart Beastmen, also, Dogs of War mechanichs regarding all DLC are quite probable) we can now consider that the release date of Warhammer II will be around October- December.
    The latter is more likely, there are too much triple AAA in November.
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,608
    It can't be skaven though, that is if were assuming they will be the 4th race for warhammer 2, because this is coming out before that.

I think Estalia would be the best fit, as they have colonies and expeditions in Lustria. Bring on the Conquistadores!
  • AwesomeLionAwesomeLion Member Registered Users Posts: 1,226
    This probably means that Warhammer 2 is very far away from a release date.
    Total War: Warhammer <3
  • RrpfanboyRrpfanboy Registered Users Posts: 20
    Every Skaven clan is different, so it could be another clan with totally different units from Warhammer 2.

That being said I think it is Norscans or Estalia which will be in Game 2.
  • EmarthEmarth Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 401
    edited June 2017
    Hmm, as an unplanned oppertunistic FLC release (Turns out TW fans arent as opposed to DLC as long as they are good) im thinking its no chance in hell it being an unique race which requires animations and concepts and all that jazz.

No no Tomb Kings or Ogres or other major races. And that is the reason its not Kislev. Animating Bears is about as difficult as animating lions. ;)

Secondly its a "race" not a subfaction. So no middleland or Bret Vamps.

Thirdly its somehow tied to DLC, Estralia and Tilea is in Warhammer 2, but that is technicaly not a DLC but a new game. Which leaves either Norsca or Chaos Dwarves which both have existing skeletons so they dont need extensive animation reworks and they both tie into the Chaos DLC.

And out of those two, Norscans are the obvius choice in terms of unique mechanics and the fact that they are already on the map. yay!
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,339
    The race pack isn't tied to dlc the FLC is.
    Later
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,608
    If its Norscans, and they make them more interesting than just a watered down chaos warrior faction, i will be very surprised.
  • PaulHPaulH Registered Users Posts: 1,395
    Chaos Dwarfs would need some extensive new animations to show the Great Taurus, Bull Centaurs, Hobgoblins, K'daai, and other unusual creations, correctly. So it's doubtful it will be them. The most likely faction will be one that can interact with the New World map in some way, because it is likely that the new race is drawn (at least partially) from content created for the next game. I don't mean content such as the elves or lizardmen, but new work for the NPC factions on the campaign map.

Norse, Estalians, and Tileans are prime suspects due to needing little in the way of animation work. Araby and Tomb Kings are also highly plausible because they have similar models/animations ingame and would need a few new ones to be portrayed accurately.

I'm guessing its Estalia as they've made mention of Conquistadors already.
  • DavidtheDukeDavidtheDuke Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,177
    lol I know they won't but I must say I wish they'd just tell us what the race is and what the old friend is

Just had to get that outta my system
    i6700k @ 4.0 ghz
    EVGA GTX1080ti FTW3 11GB
    1TB SSD w/ Windows 10 Pro 64bit
  • PetromirPetromir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,153
    PaulH said:

Just so you realise, they specifically label it as a Race Pack, rather than as Campaign Packs that the Wood Elves and Beastmen are. So far we have only had one Race Pack DLC, which was Warriors of Chaos, which cost £5.99. It is possible that this new DLC will have a similar cost.

Warriors of Chaos are a tricky case to use, they became a DLC after originally being put in as an AI only endgame device. They were also offered free (initially to pre-orders, then for people who preordered or bought it in the first week or so). The LL packs who had a couple of LLs and a few units each are also £5.99.

It's certainly possible that CA are confident enough in sales that they will price this the same, but our previous examples have enough flaws to make things less certain.
  • KopeshKopesh Member Registered Users Posts: 543
    If it's Middenland, there are number of units unique to them that would be added:

Legendary Lords:
    - Boris Todbringer
    - Ar-Ulric Emil Valgeir

Heroes:
    - Priest of Ulric

Units:
    - Teutogen Guard
    - Hunting Hounds
    - Knights of the White Wolf
  • PaulHPaulH Registered Users Posts: 1,395
    I've decided to champion the cause for a Zoat faction.

They are an obscure race from the Old World, they have a whole 2 units to draw inspiration from.

They'd be visually unique.

I'm also happy to champion the cause of the Fimir being added along with their Bog-goblin followers. Just because I want to tear them to pieces when I invade the Marienburg region.
    Emarth said:

Hmm, as an unplanned opportunistic FLC release (Turns out TW fans aren't as opposed to DLC as long as they are good) I'm thinking its no chance in hell it being an unique race which requires animations and concepts and all that jazz.

No no Tomb Kings or Ogres or other major races. And that is the reason its not Kislev. Animating Bears is about as difficult as animating lions. ;)

Secondly its a "race" not a Subfaction. So no Middleland or Bret Vamps.

Thirdly its somehow tied to DLC, Estralia and Tilea is in Warhammer 2, but that is technically not a DLC but a new game. Which leaves either Norsca or Chaos Dwarves which both have existing skeletons so they don't need extensive animation reworks and they both tie into the Chaos DLC.

And out of those two, Norscans are the obvious choice in terms of unique mechanics and the fact that they are already on the map. yay!

I would not exude Subfactions so quickly, as CA quite clearly use the term Race/Faction even for Subfaction. But CA is clearly an Norscan and/or Dwarves Fans, considering all the impressive Beards that many CA employees have, so it's can be Norscan, even though both Kislev and Middleland are much more popular in the surveys. :)

http://whenc.totalwar.com/#/factions