Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

multiplayer criticism

burekburek Registered Users Posts: 34
what kind of people are managing these forums? why do some threads that offer criticism of the multiplayer get shut down or moved to rants? unless you are cursing and insulting people, i dont see any reason to shut down a thread that offers criticism, there are A LOT of things to criticize in this game. how does saying that the state of brettonia is completely unacceptable after so many months and so many dlcs qualify as a "rant"? do i need to be ninjahund in order not to have my thread shut down when i say that unit spamming is crap and needs to be fixed? if you cant handle criticism of the game, than stop calling this place a "forum" and call it "rainbows and unicorns".
Tagged:

Comments

• ChipawapaChipawapa Registered Users Posts: 151
    The way you presented your information can be seen as a rant, especially when you make comments like "CA you suck", that doesnt help anyone. That said you do make some valid points, I also do not like having to play singleplayer in order to get my, as of now, mandatory lords for multiplayer. A lot of your other points have been mentioned by other more sensible people though, so worry not you have been heard in one way or another.

Did you pick that name after the food Burek? Burek is nice.
  • burekburek Registered Users Posts: 34
    Chipawapa said:

The way you presented your information can be seen as a rant, especially when you make comments like "CA you suck", that doesnt help anyone. That said you do make some valid points, I also do not like having to play singleplayer in order to get my, as of now, mandatory lords for multiplayer. A lot of your other points have been mentioned by other more sensible people though, so worry not you have been heard in one way or another.

i am certainly not the first or the lats person to say that CA sucks, i dont see anything wrong with saying that something sucks if you have some reasons to present for that statement. and boy does CA give you reasons to say that :) anyway, i read on the forums that there is a way to get around the singleplayer, you need someone to send you a save of the last turn before victory in the campaign and run it. and that was posted by CA personnel, which means that they know about the exploit but still choose keep the pointless unlock system in place. and what do you mean more sensible? i dont think i said anything would qualify me for a non sensible person.
  • GreyKnightDantesGreyKnightDantes Registered Users Posts: 282
    Because saying you suck doesn't make for a good argument...
    ==========================================================================================

"Burn! Burn with the fires of Change! Scream your hymns to Tzeentch!"
    -Tal'gatha the Fallen

• GreyKnightDantesGreyKnightDantes Registered Users Posts: 282
    edited January 2017
    not to mention only one of your points actually hit home (Argument 2)....

Argument 1 (Bretonnia): Saying that Ca sucks because Bretonnia isn't complete despite the fact that Bretonnia came free and WILL be a fully flushed out Race DLC is a weak argument. What do you think CA has been doing for the past 2 months?

Argument 3 (Routing): NO....Units should always have the ability to come back from routing....Why in your mind would you think that units shouldn't be able to come back? So if I scare away half the army with terror and fear tactic, I would automatically win the game because my opponent lost half his troops b ecause they don't come back? Despite even if they have 60 - 80% hp left? No....soldiers have been known to return from routing and its present within warhammer tabletop and total war....again. another weak argument

Argument 4 (Camping): Camping is a core part of both Total War and Warhammer.....Some races (like Dwarfs) are built as Campers because their range units fit the playstyle......you know whats a good counter to campers? Artillery, range, fast cavalry, FLANK THEM, SURROND THEM, etc.....And how hard is it to find units hiding in forest? The maps themselves are really **** small....and few if ANY maps used in multiplayer ever use that much forest.....again...weak argument...

Argument 5 (Unit Spam): You know what stops people from unit spamming? Cost.....You say I shouldn't have 6 dragon orgres? Why the **** not?......The only thing that would stop me is cost.....should i have a 2000 Gold dragon ogre? Or can I have 6 spearmen units or 3 handgunners which could counter a single dragon ogre?....I don't want any unnecessary restriction on the choice of my unit composition.......whats next? Unit cap on greatswords or spearmen? But why CA?.....Cuz someone said ppl shouldn't spam......now I can't make this cool build I've been thinking about because I am a few greatswords short cuz of an arbitrary restriction.....no...i don't want that.

Argument 6 (Unlocks): Again....weak.....How many unlocks are there in the game? 2...3?.....You telling me you can't put a small effort in an unlock which give VERY little advantage to a player? What is Boris Todbringer unlock? A copy-pasted Empire General with regen....What is the Red Duke unlock? A Vampire Lord with 1 unique ability....again weak and only shows your unwilling (or perhaps laziness) to get something that CA gave for free....you know they didn't have to give it to you?

Argument 7 (Order Spamming): What is this? Order Spamming contributes little to no way in how a unit can escape a trap....Perhaps you failed to realize that large units such as cav and flying lords/herores have mass and as such can push units back....thats how they are able to break through enemy lines.....didn't know that?

Argument 8 (Spell button): All you have to do is click once and click on the ground or unit or double click for overcast....jesus your acting like its freaking rocket science....

Argument 9 (Performance): NO......sounds more like you don't know ANYTHING about computer hardware.....might I ask what is your spec? Saying that a computer is NASA-grade (which is laughable) is a weak argument with no evidence to back it up...

Argument 10 (Skirmishers): AGAIN....WHY WOULD I HAVE SUCH AN ARBITRARY RESTRCTION......if me or my opponent wants to go all skirmishers THEN LET THEM....you know what counters skirmishers? Cav....Shielded units....OTHER SKIRMISHERS.....don't want to chase flyers across the map? DESTROY THEIR GROUNDS UNITS.....have you not seen those tool tips which say that without grounding your units, they flee the battlefield? YES...There is a mechanic that stops all flyer armies...

and there you have it...
    ==========================================================================================

"Burn! Burn with the fires of Change! Scream your hymns to Tzeentch!"
    -Tal'gatha the Fallen

• StylianStylian Registered Users Posts: 83
    Oh my grammar that was a painful first post to read.
    "Anything's a **** if you're brave enough" - Abraham Lincoln
  • KayosivKayosiv Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,752
    burek said:

Chipawapa said:

i am certainly not the first or the lats person to say that CA sucks, i dont see anything wrong with saying that something sucks if you have some reasons to present for that statement
    So yeah. That's why you don't understand why your thread got moved. You've chosen to believe that saying people suck is acceptable and a good way to encourage discussion and logical thinking.
    Space Frontier is a sci-fi themed board game I've designed for 2-4 players. Please take a look and enjoy our free Print-and-Play at FreezeDriedGames.com

If you have any questions about tactics or mechanics in Total War Warhammer multiplayer, feel free to PM me.
  • BerliozBerlioz ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 216
    don t know..it seems fine to me...but 1 thing has to be said...i love the sense of humor of CA... just look at the "off topic" section

Rants and raves and

the graveyard: Where threads go to die. This is the waiting room for threads on their way to the great forum in the sky.

i just love that..sometimes i just go there and commemorate the fallen brothers
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 22,308
    Since the topic is not about an aspect of MP gameplay but is devoted to criticism of several things, moved......

......wait for it......

.......on its way......

Rants and Raves.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

• CogreCogre Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,200
    Ohhhhh I love me some dge1 mod comments
    KRYTEN: I'm some kind of robot who's fighting this virus, and none of
    this exists, it's all in a fever, except for you guys, who really do
    exist, only you're not really here, you're really on some space ship in
    the future. Hell, if that's got to make sense I don't want to be
    sober!

not to mention only one of your points actually hit home (Argument 2)....

Argument 1 (Bretonnia): Saying that Ca sucks because Bretonnia isn't complete despite the fact that Bretonnia came free and WILL be a fully flushed out Race DLC is a weak argument. What do you think CA has been doing for the past 2 months?

Argument 3 (Routing): NO....Units should always have the ability to come back from routing....Why in your mind would you think that units shouldn't be able to come back? So if I scare away half the army with terror and fear tactic, I would automatically win the game because my opponent lost half his troops b ecause they don't come back? Despite even if they have 60 - 80% hp left? No....soldiers have been known to return from routing and its present within warhammer tabletop and total war....again. another weak argument

Argument 4 (Camping): Camping is a core part of both Total War and Warhammer.....Some races (like Dwarfs) are built as Campers because their range units fit the playstyle......you know whats a good counter to campers? Artillery, range, fast cavalry, FLANK THEM, SURROND THEM, etc.....And how hard is it to find units hiding in forest? The maps themselves are really **** small....and few if ANY maps used in multiplayer ever use that much forest.....again...weak argument...

Argument 5 (Unit Spam): You know what stops people from unit spamming? Cost.....You say I shouldn't have 6 dragon orgres? Why the **** not?......The only thing that would stop me is cost.....should i have a 2000 Gold dragon ogre? Or can I have 6 spearmen units or 3 handgunners which could counter a single dragon ogre?....I don't want any unnecessary restriction on the choice of my unit composition.......whats next? Unit cap on greatswords or spearmen? But why CA?.....Cuz someone said ppl shouldn't spam......now I can't make this cool build I've been thinking about because I am a few greatswords short cuz of an arbitrary restriction.....no...i don't want that.

Argument 6 (Unlocks): Again....weak.....How many unlocks are there in the game? 2...3?.....You telling me you can't put a small effort in an unlock which give VERY little advantage to a player? What is Boris Todbringer unlock? A copy-pasted Empire General with regen....What is the Red Duke unlock? A Vampire Lord with 1 unique ability....again weak and only shows your unwilling (or perhaps laziness) to get something that CA gave for free....you know they didn't have to give it to you?

Argument 7 (Order Spamming): What is this? Order Spamming contributes little to no way in how a unit can escape a trap....Perhaps you failed to realize that large units such as cav and flying lords/herores have mass and as such can push units back....thats how they are able to break through enemy lines.....didn't know that?

Argument 8 (Spell button): All you have to do is click once and click on the ground or unit or double click for overcast....jesus your acting like its freaking rocket science....

Argument 9 (Performance): NO......sounds more like you don't know ANYTHING about computer hardware.....might I ask what is your spec? Saying that a computer is NASA-grade (which is laughable) is a weak argument with no evidence to back it up...

Argument 10 (Skirmishers): AGAIN....WHY WOULD I HAVE SUCH AN ARBITRARY RESTRCTION......if me or my opponent wants to go all skirmishers THEN LET THEM....you know what counters skirmishers? Cav....Shielded units....OTHER SKIRMISHERS.....don't want to chase flyers across the map? DESTROY THEIR GROUNDS UNITS.....have you not seen those tool tips which say that without grounding your units, they flee the battlefield? YES...There is a mechanic that stops all flyer armies...

and there you have it...

boy you really took a lot of words to say a bunch of rubbish. it would take me too much words to comment on every single thing you said and it would not be worth it, as you clearly displayed a lack of knowledge about the total war series and its problems. i will just comment briefly: most of things i have mentioned, like unit spam, draw kiting (you clearly missed the point of argument nr. 3, perhaps intentionally), camping, and full skirmisher armies are already forbidden in most tournaments since way before warhammer came out. those are boring and irritating play styles that make people alt+f4 and write your name in their book of grudges (like ninjahund for example). you are also clearly not aware of the fact that order spamming has been a thing in the total war series since forever as a tool to "dislodge" your units (cav in particular) from blobs of enemy units. in warhammer it is also as a tool used to force your heroes to attack the enemy lord instead of the surrounding infantry in blob situations. you are also unfamiliar with the problems of the total war engine and have never seen frame rate tests people do on you tube, anything more than 1v1 runs like crap on the latest hardware.
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 33,860
    Why proper capitalisation and interpunctuation are important, exhibit A:

feel free to give me an f in grammar and than try to figure out how much it bothers me.
    burek said:

feel free to give me an f in grammar and than try to figure out how much it bothers me.
    I don't need to give you anything, you just hurt your own posts by making them annoying to read.

burek said:

I don't need to give you anything, you just hurt your own posts by making them annoying to read.
    and you feel that playing internet grammar nazi instead of making comments related to the subject helps your posts?
    burek said:

burek said:

and you feel that playing internet grammar nazi instead of making comments related to the subject helps your posts?
    It entertains me greatly.
  • KGpoopyKGpoopy Registered Users Posts: 2,009
    dge1 said:

Since the topic is not about an aspect of MP gameplay but is devoted to criticism of several things, moved......

......wait for it......

.......on its way......

Rants and Raves.

Made me laugh