Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Data pack corrupted?

ViperofDorneViperofDorne Posts: 11Registered Users
Hello,
I have the gold edition on Amazon for Medieval 2: Total War and when I download and finally try to install, the install window tells me that the data packs are not the same as in the folder and that they might be corrupted and it says is for a couple of them for the original Medieval total war and the some of the expansions. I re-downloaded the whole pack twice now thinking that something probably just something didn't download right and so I just ignored the messages and kept going, but now when I try to play the game, the original crashes on startup and I have no idea what to do.

Comments

• dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,359Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Get the game from Steam. You won't be able to play from a disc on a Windows system due to some updates which take forever and a day to get around. It all goes back to disc copyright protection.

The Steam version will run fine. I have it installed, even though I have the original relase discs for Med II and for the Kingdoms campaign additions.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • ViperofDorneViperofDorne Posts: 11Registered Users
    Even if I have the digital download?