Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

High Elf Let's Play - Mosquito Swamps

CA_WhelanCA_Whelan Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff, Community Team Posts: 681
edited July 2017 in General Discussion
Join Darren in the Mosquito Swamps for an in depth look at High Elf gameplay!

Legendary Lord Tyrion defends the Mosquito Swamps from Lord Mazdamundi's Lizardmen Horde. This battle gives a greater, more in depth look at the High Elf roster and how they play, alongside some new elements of the Lizardmen roster not yet showcased.

This battle was created in a custom battle using an early work in progress of the game, and some elements, such as visuals and stats are subject to change.

Post edited by CA_Whelan on

Comments

• FlotchFlotch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 134
    so sexy !!!
  • IndyprideIndypride Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,719
    Dragon Princes best princes TBH
  • seienchinseienchin Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,572
    edited July 2017
    This video is tearing me apart (please read in tommy wiseau voice).

AWESOME swordmasters, really detailled models overall, Dragon Princes SPOT ON (Dont really like their current TT design but the remodelling in the game is perfect. Those are the TT models in a TW game and probably the first knight unit in TWW that has the tabletop lances) but then the shields are still ugly and the phonix guards aura looks awful.
    Luckily mods can fix that but it is distracting.

Tyrion really embodies these design problems as well. He looks aswesome and odd at the same time.

And then we have the real stars of this video (again):
    The Lizardmen:
    PERFECTION!
    I am extatic. They look better than anything I have ever seen in a strategy game and I will play them first and I am a HE TT player for 20 years... Even trying to nitpick there is nothing strange to find except the whipping animation of the Slans standard poles which is so nitpicky it isnt worth mentioning.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,404
    edited July 2017
    Dragon Princes and Phoenix Guards... Nice!

Seeing Phoenix made it, looking forward the Annointed of Asuryan to ride them...
    Post edited by jamreal18 on
  • RobbyFaulRobbyFaul Registered Users Posts: 15
    Woo hoo! Finally, some showcasing of a faction other than the Lizardmen! I was hoping for a shift in focus sometime soon! Keep the content flowing, guys! Now we just need some info on that pre order race pack DLC ;)
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 6,533
    The High Elves look magnificent.

"Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • SuliotSuliot Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 687
    That was amazing, I especially like the High Elf army, it looks so regal. They're going to be the first faction I'll play with.
  • MiniaArMiniaAr Registered Users Posts: 1,087
    Lizardmen look really cool, I wasn't expecting something so nicely done. :)
  • obippoobippo Member Registered Users Posts: 2,641
    about **** time, thanks :)
    Always be aware when a Content Refusing Troll Brigade (CRTB) representative is near. Contact your local Witch Hunter for further info.

• MasqueradeMasquerade Registered Users Posts: 292
    The shields actually look very colorful and pretty. Especially the lothern sea guard shields look especially good. sooooo much hyyyyype
  • capybarasiesta89capybarasiesta89 Senior Member Bath, UKRegistered Users Posts: 4,941
    That's more like it! Thank you guys, that makes me happy :D Nice to see Dragon Princes in full glory, they look outstanding.

Also finally people can be happy about shields and colors :D
    Vampire Counts
    Tomb Kings
    The Empire

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein
  • corvus_codexcorvus_codex Junior Member SpainRegistered Users Posts: 3,072
    edited July 2017
    "we'll see you very very soon" he said...

love it.
    Team Skavens

"Brother Skavens! Consider this... Until the coming of Vermek Skab, the Council of Thirteen placed me in command of this army"
    - Grey Seer Thanquol, ruthlessly taking command of the Nuln Invasion force
  • Ice_creamIce_cream Registered Users Posts: 763
    edited July 2017
    @seienchin the Phoenix Guard aura is not permanent, as you can see in the video, I think is just the aura that appear when a lord or hero is close to a unit.

To be honest I dont why so many complains about the HE, to me they looks awesome, shields included. And talking about shield, I have to say that I think I prefer the old ones But whatever, if the community is pleased with these ones I dont care much about.
  • GrumpyTheGreatGrumpyTheGreat Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 284
    edited July 2017
    Looking Good!
    Not a tt player, but I think shields are a good improvement from before.
    ;)
    And also, please have next battle involve siege. :#
    cheers
  • ShermanSherman Member Registered Users Posts: 911

Great video, nice you hear the feedback

The only thing I complain, but I complain in general about the most recent total war, is that battles are too fast and core units are too squishy
  • whatever_whatever_ Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 411
    looks great. i was hoping battles would last little longer in new game but i guess they are still super fast.
  • Donorma_IronshieldDonorma_Ironshield Registered Users Posts: 383
    You guys are really going big in game two. A lot of really cool features, mechanics and visuals.
  • capybarasiesta89capybarasiesta89 Senior Member Bath, UKRegistered Users Posts: 4,941
    Tempest spell was stunning, generally the look of units is very very good. Can't wait to see what you guys at CA done to Dark Elves and Skavens :O
    Vampire Counts
    Tomb Kings
    The Empire

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein
  • PetromirPetromir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,156
    whatever_ said:

looks great. i was hoping battles would last little longer in new game but i guess they are still super fast.

The heavily edited video?

Yeah not the best guide.

(Not that they are changing much just that this particular video not a great guide I suspect)
  • ShamaaniShamaani Registered Users Posts: 11
    Well there goes any doubt in my mind about high elves and lizard men, but we have still two more to go :). Battle was amazing, but maybe a bit longer next time ;) . Can't wait to get this game in my hands. Keep up the good work!
  • AwesomeLionAwesomeLion Member Registered Users Posts: 1,263
    Petromir said:

whatever_ said:

The heavily edited video?

Yeah not the best guide.

(Not that they are changing much just that this particular video not a great guide I suspect)
    I thought the video did a great job showing off the units, the abilities and the good moments of the battle. Got me even more hyped. I don't think it was meant as a guide video - more of a "look at all the awesome stuff- LOOK AT IT!!!" and I felt like they pulled that off =)
    Total War: Warhammer <3
  • drewwestdrewwest Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 49
    got to say i thought the stone UI was lizard men exclusive. I prefer the golden UI of Warhammer 1. Hope that this UI doesnt carry over onto the mega campaign.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,783
    Super glad you didn't nerf the swordmasters stats because of a silly arrow deflection gimmick but even buffed them. They should be a premier melee infantry unit.

Pre:

81jt2dj75iky.png

• RichardNRoundRichardNRound Registered Users Posts: 910
    Looked brilliant. The map was nice for a smaller one, the units looked incredible, especially the kroxigors, chameleon skinks (I love the curl in thier tail), Phoenix guard, dragon princes and Phoenixes.

The new shields look very good, I didn't mind the old ones but they look great now.
  • UchihaGUchihaG Registered Users Posts: 363
    Am I the only one worried about the stats of the Phoenix Guard? I surely hope their passive abilities are enough to compensate for this...
    CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3 3.40GHz
    GPU: MSI GeForce GTX970
    RAM: 16GB DDR3
    SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 Evo
  • MerarchesMerarches Registered Users Posts: 468
    edited July 2017
    he said we see us very very soon. maybe in short time we can when they play this battle on twitch or so.

this video looks nice.

but spearmans spears still look a bit short. the lizardman trailer whre we see the one guy on chariot, this would i like more for spearmans, maybe a bit shorter.
    but shields look much better.

when the multishot round from bolt thrower hit the ground, sounds realy bad to me.

what i see too, the unit stats get reduced compared with the fallen gate gameplay when we remove the ranks from the units this battle.

maybe this hit every faction to slow down the battles?

and why the HE units have so much ranks? is this an army from campaign?
    edited July 2017
    The shields are much improved. They look more "alive" and less like video game pixels.
    81jt2dj75iky.png

• MerarchesMerarches Registered Users Posts: 468
    edited July 2017

Super glad you didn't nerf the swordmasters stats because of a silly arrow deflection gimmick but even buffed them. They should be a premier melee infantry unit.

Pre:

they nerfed the swordmasters. but nearly every unit get nerfed.
    they are silver rank 1 in this video
  • JastalllJastalll Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,289
    I was surprised at how well the Spermen held the line. Seems like Martial Prowess does give them some great durability. Albeit the Dragon Princes not having especially good AP or anti-large does make me question how elite of a unit they will actually be.

Also, the battle lasted nearly 10 minutes. It could be a bit slower, sure, but I don't think that is unreasonable for a stack vs stack battle.
    edited July 2017
    Merarches said:

they nerfexd the swordmasters. but nearly every unit get nerfed.
    they are silver rank 1 in this video

Huh. Interesting.
    81jt2dj75iky.png