Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

High Elf Let's Play - Mosquito Swamps

Comments

• Ice_creamIce_cream Registered Users Posts: 763
    Merarches said:

Super glad you didn't nerf the swordmasters stats because of a silly arrow deflection gimmick but even buffed them. They should be a premier melee infantry unit.

Pre:

they nerfed the swordmasters. but nearly every unit get nerfed.
    they are silver rank 1 in this video
    How do you know they are nerfed (or buffed)? I mean, to me is hard to say because buffed stats by chevrons, battle effects and so.
  • TalmoreanTalmorean Registered Users Posts: 1,486
    Swordmasters w/ Deflection?! +1

Shields +1 (Never had a problem before but still, you guys listened.)

Dragon Princes look amazing +1

Tyrion looks awesome in game +1

Mazdamundi looks like a real pain in the ass +1

Phoenixes look great +1

+6

Great work CA, keep it up.
  • MerarchesMerarches Registered Users Posts: 468
    edited July 2017

Merarches said:

they nerfexd the swordmasters. but nearly every unit get nerfed.

Huh. Interesting.
    so they have

75 Leadership old 83
    38 Meeleattack old 43
    37 Meeledefence old 41
    36 weaponstrengh old 38

@ice_cream: me jsut compared with the other trailer. and me think in a questbattle the ai dont use upgraed units, but yeah im not 100% sure.just compared the shown stats

@jastall watch at the weapon strengh(44) and charge(80) at dragonprinces .

think just some ( orc) chariot have this chargebonus!
  • TheGhostOfProman16TheGhostOfProman16 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,749
    edited July 2017
    Balancing changes will keep happening all the way up to release day
    Died during the great YOYO wars
  • CyberianKCyberianK Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 40
    edited July 2017
    Jastall said:

I was surprised at how well the Spermen held the line. Seems like Martial Prowess does give them some great durability.

Yes totally but expected ...Martial Prowess makes baseline Inf extremely good HE basic spears are nothing to laugh at.
    That said they might drop from Dwarfen Warrior level to Imperial Spearman level when they loose their Prowess probably :)
  • TheGhostOfProman16TheGhostOfProman16 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,749
    Looks like High Elf shields have a silver rating so they will have a 50% block chance to missiles that makes the Spearmen a great front line unit and the Sea Guard will be amazing in a skirmish fight
  • FlyingWarPigWithPawsFlyingWarPigWithPaws Registered Users Posts: 819
    Who cares about some silly ratmen when we've got phoenices! Phoenixes ? Phoenixa ? Phoenix * 2
    Ungrim is no longer homesick.
  • CyberianKCyberianK Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 40
    edited July 2017
    @TheGhostOfProman16
    WOW your right:

here Spearman vs Dragon Princes so it also seems only Infantry gets the better rating its not just shield size makes sense because cavalry can't have very dense formation and such plus mount.

HE infantry seems to be scary maybe more than actual dinosaurs riding dinosaurs :)
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,069
    edited July 2017
    This leveler's talk is not appreciated by me, 'entitled princes', huh! He better learn his proper place!

Oh, and by the way, I wanted to see the biggest and the baddest of star dragons. I'm crying inside. Drowning in sorrow.
    animacja-sygn-3.gif

• thebiglezthebiglez Registered Users Posts: 672
    i love it but something about those textures or lightening doesnt seem right..
  • TheOrganKingTheOrganKing Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 990
    Petromir said:

whatever_ said:

looks great. i was hoping battles would last little longer in new game but i guess they are still super fast.

The heavily edited video?

Yeah not the best guide.

(Not that they are changing much just that this particular video not a great guide I suspect)
    20 unit HE army, similar sized Lizardmen army.
    60:00 battle starts, 57:21 cav first engages, 56:45 main line engages, ~53:15 lizardmen main line retreats, 52:22 match ends. 7 minute, 38 second battle total. 3 and a half minutes of actual battle.

Now we are quite a ways from launch, and as said in the video there is a lot of balancing left between now and then, but whatever_ is correct. The battles have not yet been slowed down at all. Especially for a fight between what should be two very high Leadership factions.
    "Chaos strong. Gors strong. Humans, Elves, Dwarf — weak. We win. We fight, we kill, one day we win. One day soon. You — if you lucky, we eat you, make you into part of us, make you better than you, stronger than any of you, stronger than all of you. Once this arm weak, like you. I eat many of your kind, now I strong."
    —Karzog, Beastigor Charioteer.
  • tqhung87tqhung87 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 401
    edited July 2017
    Merarches said:

Merarches said:

they nerfexd the swordmasters. but nearly every unit get nerfed.

Huh. Interesting.
    so they have

75 Leadership old 83
    38 Meeleattack old 43
    37 Meeledefence old 41
    36 weaponstrengh old 38

@ice_cream: me jsut compared with the other trailer. and me think in a questbattle the ai dont use upgraed units, but yeah im not 100% sure.just compared the shown stats

@jastall watch at the weapon strengh(44) and charge(80) at dragonprinces .

think just some ( orc) chariot have this chargebonus!

Their stats were showed before he press start battle so it's very likely that these stats haven't include Martial Prowess yet.
  • KatarianKatarian Registered Users Posts: 246
    Okay the new High Elf Shields look far far better. I'd still prefer they were a solid white background, but I understand it's a good way to differentiate the various factions. The only thing I think they need right now is for the boss reliefs to be a little larger certainly larger vertically. You've got those really tall tower shields and all the boss reliefs are only covering the top half of the shield.

The Lizardmen look absolutely amazing and the High Elves do suffer a bit from being in videos with them all the time.
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,862
    edited July 2017

Super glad you didn't nerf the swordmasters stats because of a silly arrow deflection gimmick but even buffed them. They should be a premier melee infantry unit.

Pre:

And lets not forget they are an anti-infantry unit meaning they have even MORE MA vs Infantry units. They should be absolute slaughterers in Melee.

Also the Shields look 100x better. Both in terms of colour scheme and textures. All my fears are alleviated.

Please remove that godawful Phoenix Guard Aura though.

Also I am so glad they decided to keep LSG as being about as good(1 more MA and 1 less MD) compared to regular Spearmen. They even have slightly more armor. Glad I might indeed make my army with a core of 10 LSG a reality.
  • StrachysStrachys Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 249
    Throw a little GEMFX into the mix and this is going to look sumptuous. Hopefully the game play will match!
  • StephinceStephince Registered Users Posts: 2,781
    Looks fantastic. Keep up the good work.
  • Combat_WombatCombat_Wombat Registered Users Posts: 4,092
    What bothered me the most about the shields before bow was the middle, usually just some featureless outlined bird. Now they are shiny! And cool! And not fugly! It's that middle that brings it all together. Now all the colors around it look great.
  • LangolierLangolier Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 374
    the chameleon skinks looked pretty cool
    "Furthermore i believe that Carthage must be destroyed" - Cato the Elder
    "Furthermore I also believe that Chaos Dwarfs should have really big hats" - Langolier the middle aged
  • PetromirPetromir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,156

This leveler's talk is not appreciated by me, 'entitled princes', huh! He better learn his proper place!

Oh, and by the way, I wanted to see the biggest and the baddest of star dragons. I'm crying inside. Drowning in sorrow.

Um a Prince is literally entitled by birth (in this case the rank of Prince is entitled (given to them) by birth), or for a more common usage a PHD entitles you Dr (grants you the title of Dr).

So this usage here is a sign of respect as is pointing out the Dragon Princes are actual Princes.
  • whatever_whatever_ Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 411
    Jastall said:

Also, the battle lasted nearly 10 minutes. It could be a bit slower, sure, but I don't think that is unreasonable for a stack vs stack battle.

no. skirmishing phase started at 58:00 and units routed at 52:30. battle lasted barely 5 and half minutes. pretty terrible, i don't know why is ca forcing it to be so fast. tww is only total war title where i never zoomed in to watch battle because there is no time.
  • corvus_codexcorvus_codex Junior Member SpainRegistered Users Posts: 3,072
    thebiglez said:

i love it but something about those textures or lightening doesnt seem right..

youtube compression.
    Team Skavens

"Brother Skavens! Consider this... Until the coming of Vermek Skab, the Council of Thirteen placed me in command of this army"
    - Grey Seer Thanquol, ruthlessly taking command of the Nuln Invasion force
  • KhorneFlakesKhorneFlakes Registered Users Posts: 3,569
    Looks awesome imo was better than battle at fallen gates some concern :-

1) The sounds and animation look much better in this i really worry for game 1 factions ,even some units dont have shield animation when it already exist in other units

2) tyrion could look much much better

3) phoenix ground attack animation and flying animation look bad but vfx look awesome

4) blue colors should be darker on dragon princes

5) Kroxigor should not have the weird red tan on back it should all dark blue

6) cav on cav charges could look better,hope the charge system fixes haven't screwed the visual fidelity of units charging

7) hope we can switch to golden colored ui from game 1

and these are minor complaints but it would be nice if they can change or fix some of them

• TzarKaiserTzarKaiser Yorkshire, UKRegistered Users Posts: 65
    Very much enjoyed the video, can't wait to play as both factions.

I'm torn on battle speed, I'm happy to have quicker battles as it means overall more play and not so much waiting around for ages for battle to finish.
    But I do understand and empathise with the wish for greater positioning and manoeuvring and wanting to watch the prettiness of it all.
  • Knight_IranKnight_Iran Senior Member Islamic Republic of IRANRegistered Users Posts: 636
    Nice. but what happened to HE introducing trailer?
    Total War player until my last day!
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,069
    edited July 2017
    Petromir said:

Um a Prince is literally entitled by birth (in this case the rank of Prince is entitled (given to them) by birth), or for a more common usage a PHD entitles you Dr (grants you the title of Dr).

So this usage here is a sign of respect as is pointing out the Dragon Princes are actual Princes.
    Well, yes, but you never know with them people. I did not hear humility in his voice. What if it was sarcasm targeted at his betters? You can't know. You just never know. It is pure envy I tell you, all they want is to spill some blues. These peasants are bloodthirsty alright.

And by the way, white and blue is quite a pretty colour theme.
    animacja-sygn-3.gif

• r3nir3ni Registered Users Posts: 30
    I love it, love everything you guys mentioned before and also Magic spell effects, incredible !

My only concern is battle peace, those epic battles are ending so fast :(
  • irurobinirurobin Registered Users Posts: 1,826
    edited July 2017
    High Elves looking great finally! Thanks a lot for the new shields!
  • LesKoltLesKolt Registered Users Posts: 22
    The HE lets play was cool, I was expecting the HE to get slaughtered again.
    Hopefully the Druchii or even those rat manthings can restore order soon.
    The battle was definitely sped up thanks to the magic used by the high elves and Mazdamundi not caring about friendly fire plus the phoenixes are very powerful against infantry one weakened the enemy a lot and one dropped dangerous fire bombs in heavily blobbed areas causing major damage.

I think the average match will last a little longer if one army doesn't have all the advantages like the High Elves did in this match
  • Sebor02Sebor02 Registered Users Posts: 343
    Love the vid! Some notes:

- Awesome looking map, Lustria will be my favourite continent I'm Sure.
    - Swordmasters Deflect shots! How Awesome is that! I figured they would just give them some stats instead. One of the main reasons to not just bring a full line of greatsword units is arrow fire. I wonder if they can also parry the missles on the move or just when stationary? I wonder how they would do against a empire greatsword.

- Awesome 2 types of ammo for the bolt thrower!
    - Amazing shields now. Love the look

- High melee defence on the spearmen they will be useful for your entire campaign. When I play Welfs I always try to have a main line of eternal guard. Just love those spearmen. They seem quite a bit better than eternal guard with having 120 men instead of 100.

- Basing on the different shields they showed there will be 14 HE factions. How many should there be in Ulthuan? I guess we will get at least one HE faction in Lustria (with Teclis) and one in the Southlands.
    - Love the Sea guards. Seems like they would be able to hold the line enough. I guess they could be good units to protect the flanks as well. Very excited about this unit.

- Flame Phoenix Rebirth! I wonder what that will do? Perhaps if it dies in Combat and your army survives it comes back as a Frost? Or will it actually rebirth in Battle? Really curious about this.

- Phoenix guard look awesome and will be a scary unit to face as Lizardmen.
    - Dragon princes, wow they look so amazing! 80 Charge bonus?? Wow!

- Love the different UI colours and the HE unit cards. Fits well together.

-Kroxigors! one of my favourite LM units! Looks awesome, seems they did well.
    - horned ones look great and dangerous!
    - Chameleon skinks looked great though I hoped they be a bit more colorful. Perhaps they change color!

- New spells look amazing including that phoenix wind spell, Ruination of cities and the tempest!

- Phoenix wake of fire! I like that units have more abilities now

- the power of your phoenixes is reliant on your wind of magic pool?

MY only negative comment:
    - battle are still way too fast. This is the most amazing, beautiful and fun TW to look at in close combat with all the monsters, heroes, diversity, etc. However we simply don't get the time. CA really needs to slow down the pace a bit or give us options to slow it down and make the actual main clash last a few minutes longer. Even extending it with just 2 - 3 minutes would do the trick.