Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

High Elf Let's Play - Mosquito Swamps

Comments

• capybarasiesta89capybarasiesta89 Senior Member Bath, UKRegistered Users Posts: 4,937
    edited July 2017
    jamreal18 said:

Question:

Why do Phoenix Guards have blue mist around them?

Everything you need is here

http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Phoenix_Guard

For me it sounds lore friendly

While their stony quiet is unnerving, the aura of godly might that surrounds them is far more horrifying. Their eyes blaze with a fiery intensity borne of unshakable faith in the Creator God of the Elves, and the air around a regiment of Phoenix Guard literally throbs with the raw power of Asuryan.
    Vampire Counts
    Tomb Kings
    The Empire

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein
  • Mad MacMad Mac Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 718

Looks like Loremaster has access to Lore of Life and Shadows at least:

And some peculiar book ability I don't know what is:

Cool!

Loremasters of Hoeth in TT are basically Swordmasters who can also cast basic spells from all of the 8 Lores. I expect they'll get one spell from each lore in game, or at least one spell each from six lores.

The Book Icon is the Book of Hoeth, which grants a huge winds recharge. Not sure if it's an actual unit ability or just a magic item he had equipped.

[quote]Spearmen look like they are about Empire Spear+Shield equal just higher leadership cause elves and higher melee defence because of their racial feature thing.

Would be fine for me. [/quote]

They also have +10 armor and silver shields over Empire Spearmen, should be a very cost effective basic defensive unit.
  • capybarasiesta89capybarasiesta89 Senior Member Bath, UKRegistered Users Posts: 4,937
    I wonder if Mazdamundi and Teclis will get random spells from each lore, that would be easier than just making all 8 lores, for one characters, just at beginning of battle there should be like random spells you can choose. It might be difficult from campaign perspective for sure.
    Vampire Counts
    Tomb Kings
    The Empire

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein
  • obippoobippo Member Registered Users Posts: 2,639
    jamreal18 said:

Question:

Can't wait to mod that **** out of my game in day 1
    Always be aware when a Content Refusing Troll Brigade (CRTB) representative is near. Contact your local Witch Hunter for further info.

• jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,317
    obippo said:

jamreal18 said:

Question:

Can't wait to mod that **** out of my game in day 1
    At first I thought those aura are only visible whenever phoenixes are nearby but since it's lore friendly, it's ok....
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,855
    edited July 2017
    Okay, I do think the Red and Blue looks fine on them, but I just noticed there is NO faction with the traditional Blue and White colour scheme. What the hell is going on there? When I play as the High Elf main faction I would very much prefer to be Blue and White rather than Red and Blue. Like I said Red and Blue does look good but the fact that neither Tyrion nor Teclis even get access to the iconic(to throw around a very much over used word, sorry but in this case it is true I feel) Blue and White is just silly. Hell, there isn't even any white anywhere on the shields. Did the designers just look at the base grey models and not look at any artwork or anyhting?

Though I do now notice that the LSG at the least are indeed White and Blue(with the Red Dragon) so there is that atleast I suppose(LSG look fantastic by the way, props to CA on them). And Dragon Princes funnily enough now that I think about it.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,679
    corvo said:

I just realized that CA has done a reload animation for the chameleons.

maaan, i need one for the empire gunner and so...

i think the bolt thrower also has a reload animation... would be nice for the cannons etc.
    #RIP BORIS! KILLED BY CA AND GW WITH SHORTSIGHTED CRUELTY JUST TO SHOVE KOSTALTYN DOWN OUR THROATS!

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,767
    Hey we've had special people complaining about races being named after the army book for months. There is no HE factions from the looks of it so you get no HE official standard colours.

Thank "The Empire should be Reikland" morons for that.

I'm also really excited to see no purple dark elves. But at least the name will be "correct".

Geniuses.
    81jt2dj75iky.png

Hey we've had special people complaining about races being named after the army book for months. There is no HE factions from the looks of it so you get no HE official standard colours.

Thank "The Empire should be Reikland" morons for that.

I'm also really excited to see no purple dark elves. But at least the name will be "correct".

Geniuses.

Believe it or not but there is already ( we want old shield back) hue hue hue hue
    Vampire Counts
    Tomb Kings
    The Empire

• Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,767
    You said you wanted feedback on the shields CA?

How about giving us a classic blue and white HE colour scheme. I'm amazed I even have to make this comment.
    81jt2dj75iky.png

• corvus_codexcorvus_codex Junior Member SpainRegistered Users Posts: 3,072

How about giving us a classic blue and white HE colour scheme. I'm amazed I even have to make this comment.

i know that that scheme do not appear in the video but... I think thats will be the scheme of Teclis,
    Team Skavens

"Brother Skavens! Consider this... Until the coming of Vermek Skab, the Council of Thirteen placed me in command of this army"
    - Grey Seer Thanquol, ruthlessly taking command of the Nuln Invasion force
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,855
    corvo said:

i know that that scheme do not appear in the video but... I think thats will be the scheme of Teclis,
    It clearly isn't because they literally showed us they literally showed us all the shield varieties. There is no White and Blue despite it being basically THE High Elf color scheme that everyone knows.
  • RyuukaRyuuka Registered Users Posts: 15
    i thought high elves are noble but these shield colors... really shamefull. this colorfull look belongs to lizardmen i think. they are tribal, believes in old gods. high elves seems most noble race in fantasy and they dont look noble in game. now im ninety percent certain about most popular mod of game 2
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,213
    Please CA! Give us the traditional blue and white! The blue and red sucks! Most of the other HE faction colors didn't look very good either...
  • TheImp22TheImp22 Registered Users Posts: 287
    I saw 0 mosquitos

You can't possibly comprehend the level of heresy I operate at!
  • ShermanSherman Member Registered Users Posts: 910

So many aggressive dudes here
    Sherman said:

Visit Feedback and Suggestion forum, you'll see more of it :D Or TWCENTER, heck don't want to even go there.
    Vampire Counts
    Tomb Kings
    The Empire

• TalmoreanTalmorean Registered Users Posts: 1,486
    Sherman said:

There is always some faction that has to gripe about something. There's no pleasing some people. I think the Red addition to the Blue and White of the HEs make its better. I also think the shields are just fine.
  • PatriksevePatrikseve Member Registered Users Posts: 2,046
    Personally I cant wait for the Phoenixes... its my favourite mythological creature to see it so well designed is great. I I think I will play HE first just because of that... the fact they have dragons and awesome looking units is a + in my book. I cant wait for some High Elves vs Dwarf battles I will make lol...

• TheGhostOfProman16TheGhostOfProman16 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,749
    I don't care what the extremist say the new shields look fine to me :)
    Died during the great YOYO wars
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,715
    Krunch said:

corvo said:

It clearly isn't because they literally showed us they literally showed us all the shield varieties. There is no White and Blue despite it being basically THE High Elf color scheme that everyone knows.
    Did they show us every shield? They showed us a bunch of shields, but I don't remember them saying it was all of them and there weren't any more.
    SiWI: "no they just hate you and I don't blame them."
  • Ice_creamIce_cream Registered Users Posts: 763

Krunch said:

corvo said:

Did they show us every shield? They showed us a bunch of shields, but I don't remember them saying it was all of them and there weren't any more.
    A bunch?, they showed 14 subfactions in the frame, how many subfactions do you think the HE have?

And for those who are asking for classic color scheme subfation, I think that actually the subfation in this gameplay will be that faction, just looks like they add some red to the white and blue scheme. I mean, this faction dont looks like Eataine, the Tyrion faction the campaign trailer, actually is mostly blue and white except for the shields and some details.
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,213

Am I the only one getting Pokémony wibe from the Phoenixes? Especially in the start when they hover behind the infantry line? Overall love the look of the second game.

I hated the addition of the phoenixes in 8th ed. for this very reason.
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,715
    Ice_cream said:

Krunch said:

corvo said:

A bunch?, they showed 14 subfactions in the frame, how many subfactions do you think the HE have?

And for those who are asking for classic color scheme subfation, I think that actually the subfation in this gameplay will be that faction, just looks like they add some red to the white and blue scheme. I mean, this faction dont looks like Eataine, the Tyrion faction the campaign trailer, actually is mostly blue and white except for the shields and some details.
    My point is that people are acting like there is no possible way there could be another color combination as if they said those were the only color schemes. I was questioning that as I don't remember them saying there won't be a blue/white scheme. I'm only saying people can still have hope they'll have a blue/white scheme unless they actually say there won't be.
    SiWI: "no they just hate you and I don't blame them."
  • SeldkamSeldkam Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,455
    XD lol, you know people are just looking for things to hate when a creature like the Phoenix is claimed to be too close to a bloody Pokemon
    The inferior races of this world will be crushed one by one, as our armies move from shore to shore, and hill to hill, and city to city-- and each of their cries will be as music to our ears, for we are the Druchii.
  • corvus_codexcorvus_codex Junior Member SpainRegistered Users Posts: 3,072
    Seldkam said:

XD lol, you know people are just looking for things to hate when a creature like the Phoenix is claimed to be too close to a bloody Pokemon

Well... Pokemon didn't invent the fire/ice bird
    Team Skavens

"Brother Skavens! Consider this... Until the coming of Vermek Skab, the Council of Thirteen placed me in command of this army"
    - Grey Seer Thanquol, ruthlessly taking command of the Nuln Invasion force
    corvo said:

Seldkam said:

Well... Pokemon didn't invent the fire/ice bird
    And that's exactly my point
    The inferior races of this world will be crushed one by one, as our armies move from shore to shore, and hill to hill, and city to city-- and each of their cries will be as music to our ears, for we are the Druchii.
  • IcestrugleIcestrugle Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,251
    Phoenixs are one of the most interesting mythical creatures lyke dragons, as that they work very well with elves concept, as proud and majestic creatures.
  • MerarchesMerarches Registered Users Posts: 468
    edited July 2017
    first time i watched the video i thought: nice, untis look amazing. but no real: wow, this is totaly amzaing.

after some more times i think. i miss something in this video.
    they show us the good looking models. and in the battle we see that the spearman hold first charge. and after this we most time see the 2 phönix. dragonprinces get beaten. sivlerhelms just win because a unit of spearman support them. the main frontlinke looks like they would break without phönix support. and the 2 boltthrowers and 2 seaguards need a freaking long time to shot down carnosaurus and he was in fight with phönixguard ( who CA say they are for killing great units ) and spearman.
    we didnt see something special from Tyrion or loremaster.
    have the feeling the HE army just won because of 2 phönix.

just mean i miss: the wow, this unit(s) are/is epic in battle, like we see in lizardman trailer. for me it feels more like an slightly buffed empire clone with dragons adn phönixes but less artyoptions.
    Well another thing is, we don't have the entire battle. We don't know what was going on really in the cinematic shots since they're zoomed in meaning most of that time is wasted in terms of situational awareness.

That being said, considering the cost f what phoenixes probably will be... I think they did their job really.