Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

High Elf Let's Play - Mosquito Swamps

12346»

Comments

• Ice_creamIce_cream Registered Users Posts: 786

Ice_cream said:

Krunch said:

corvo said:

You said you wanted feedback on the shields CA?

How about giving us a classic blue and white HE colour scheme. I'm amazed I even have to make this comment.

i know that that scheme do not appear in the video but... I think thats will be the scheme of Teclis,
    It clearly isn't because they literally showed us they literally showed us all the shield varieties. There is no White and Blue despite it being basically THE High Elf color scheme that everyone knows.
    Did they show us every shield? They showed us a bunch of shields, but I don't remember them saying it was all of them and there weren't any more.
    A bunch?, they showed 14 subfactions in the frame, how many subfactions do you think the HE have?

And for those who are asking for classic color scheme subfation, I think that actually the subfation in this gameplay will be that faction, just looks like they add some red to the white and blue scheme. I mean, this faction dont looks like Eataine, the Tyrion faction the campaign trailer, actually is mostly blue and white except for the shields and some details.
    My point is that people are acting like there is no possible way there could be another color combination as if they said those were the only color schemes. I was questioning that as I don't remember them saying there won't be a blue/white scheme. I'm only saying people can still have hope they'll have a blue/white scheme unless they actually say there won't be.
    Well, looks like they are open to receive feedback, so maybe they will give us eventually a subfaction totally sticked to the tt color scheme. But, as I said, to me the subfaction showed today is suppose to be that subfaction (actually I think that just changing the shield colors they totally fit), so I dont think that subfation blue and white exist over there. But totally agree is not like there is no possible way, is just on CA hands.

However, I want to clarify that Im no specially concern about the blue/white scheme, the same happened with many other factions already and, to fair, I dont care that much. There are thing that concern me more (mostly thing in TWW1).
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 22,312
    Folks, this is an information thread. If you have Feedback, Rants or discussion on what is a satisfactory game, then do so in the appropriate sub-forum.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

• GeldorGeldor Registered Users Posts: 1,115
    Krunch said:

corvo said:

You said you wanted feedback on the shields CA?

How about giving us a classic blue and white HE colour scheme. I'm amazed I even have to make this comment.

i know that that scheme do not appear in the video but... I think thats will be the scheme of Teclis,
    It clearly isn't because they literally showed us they literally showed us all the shield varieties. There is no White and Blue despite it being basically THE High Elf color scheme that everyone knows.
    I think we might not get a blue/white color variety, but they do say in the trailer that they are only showing "some" shield varieties. Now, that could mean a lot of things, for example they didn't show all the combinations of the color patterns shown (red on top, red on the left side, with star, with phoenix etc.), or that there are still color varieties like blue/white out there, which they do not show there.

In a way Teclis would be a good HE faction to show the blue/white pattern, as his expeditionary force could be a combination of all high elf factions (of course it also would make sense that it's basically a Tower of Hoeth force - and his banner, which shows the Tower points more into that direction).

I'm personally not concerned, the shields as such look great now, and they went very much with the patterns shown in the HE heraldry book. I think the HE army looks really good now.

The only thing I'm a bit worried is that their unit numbers seem to be really high (even elite forces like Phoenixguard number 100), which makes them not look like an elite force (at least in SP). Not sure how that compares with the TT though, the guys I played with, played Empire, Vampires, Greenskins and Skaven. So my army always looked relatively small, but not sure how it compares with Dwarfs or Wood Elves for example.
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,716
    Well considering phoenixes were never part of the iconic HE, and their implementation during GWs "lets give everyone monsters to make $ off large models" phase does look exactly like Pokemon...its pretty hard to take them seriously.
  • MerarchesMerarches Registered Users Posts: 468
    dge1 said:

Folks, this is an information thread. If you have Feedback, Rants or discussion on what is a satisfactory game, then do so in the appropriate sub-forum.

didnt he say in video, that he want to hear feedback?^^
    so i want longer spears and more wow effect :D
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,491

Am I the only one getting Pokémony wibe from the Phoenixes? Especially in the start when they hover behind the infantry line? Overall love the look of the second game.

I hated the addition of the phoenixes in 8th ed. for this very reason.
    They are nice!
    I'm waiting for Annointed of Asuryan though...
  • TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 12,364
    Icebern12 said:

The phoenixes models and sound look good, the animations are cheap, the only high elf model they had to put work on and they copy pasted it from the great eagle, they even made the phoenixes smaller for it. All the shinies in animations went for the skaven and lizardmen and probably the dark elf hydra. :(

Maybe those are Female Phoenixes? Anyway Charlemagne always approve an decisions like that by CA. :)
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,491
    I asked it on another thread but since Darren confirmed that Swordmasters can deflect arrows, will there be animation for this feature?

• Ice_creamIce_cream Registered Users Posts: 786
    edited July 2017
    jamreal18 said:

I asked it on another thread but since Darren confirmed that Swordmasters can deflect arrows, will there be animation for this feature?

I hope so, but I not quite sure that CA is going to add such animation to a unit that already has reclycled animations from the greatswords.
  • IndyprideIndypride Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,726
    jamreal18 said:

Probably not. Slayers dont have arrow blocking animations that I'm aware of but Whirling Axes passive accomplishes the same thing
  • JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 5,285
    Merarches said:

first time i watched the video i thought: nice, untis look amazing. but no real: wow, this is totaly amzaing.

after some more times i think. i miss something in this video.
    they show us the good looking models. and in the battle we see that the spearman hold first charge. and after this we most time see the 2 phönix. dragonprinces get beaten. sivlerhelms just win because a unit of spearman support them. the main frontlinke looks like they would break without phönix support. and the 2 boltthrowers and 2 seaguards need a freaking long time to shot down carnosaurus and he was in fight with phönixguard ( who CA say they are for killing great units ) and spearman.
    we didnt see something special from Tyrion or loremaster.
    have the feeling the HE army just won because of 2 phönix.

just mean i miss: the wow, this unit(s) are/is epic in battle, like we see in lizardman trailer. for me it feels more like an slightly buffed empire clone with dragons adn phönixes but less artyoptions.

Remember, the Lizardmen had a strong line-up, some of the Elven units simply got swarmed by a lot of them or crushed by the more bulky units, like the Kroxigors.
  • UppslitarenUppslitaren Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 582
    JungleElf said:

Merarches said:

first time i watched the video i thought: nice, untis look amazing. but no real: wow, this is totaly amzaing.

they show us the good looking models. and in the battle we see that the spearman hold first charge. and after this we most time see the 2 phönix. dragonprinces get beaten. sivlerhelms just win because a unit of spearman support them. the main frontlinke looks like they would break without phönix support. and the 2 boltthrowers and 2 seaguards need a freaking long time to shot down carnosaurus and he was in fight with phönixguard ( who CA say they are for killing great units ) and spearman.

just mean i miss: the wow, this unit(s) are/is epic in battle, like we see in lizardman trailer. for me it feels more like an slightly buffed empire clone with dragons adn phönixes but less artyoptions.

Remember, the Lizardmen had a strong line-up, some of the Elven units simply got swarmed by a lot of them or crushed by the more bulky units, like the Kroxigors.
    High Elves also have their most elite infantry units, their best cavalry, their best fighter/general and 2 phoenixes. The only unit I can figure out that would've been better for them would be a Star Dragon.
    edited July 2017

JungleElf said:

Merarches said:

High Elves also have their most elite infantry units, their best cavalry, their best fighter/general and 2 phoenixes. The only unit I can figure out that would've been better for them would be a Star Dragon.
    Yes, but the tactics weren't optimal at all. The wrong units clashed with each other on the flanks. The Lizardmen were able to use their bulk and their numbers better.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,010
    Moment, moment, I think I'm falling deep into realm of depression. Is pony the only mount that Tyrion has? No chance for a big, big dragon?
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,687

Moment, moment, I think I'm falling deep into realm of depression. Is pony the only mount that Tyrion has? No chance for a big, big dragon?

complain to GWs that his most iconic and most important mount was the horse
    #RIP BORIS! KILLED BY CA AND GW WITH SHORTSIGHTED CRUELTY JUST TO SHOVE KOSTALTYN DOWN OUR THROATS!

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'

This is exactly who I'm blaming. Googles the guy and the guy is pony limited. Well at least his friend looks pretty
  • PhaonixPhaonix Senior Member Georgia, USARegistered Users Posts: 1,297

This is exactly who I'm blaming. Googles the guy and the guy is pony limited. Well at least his friend looks pretty
    Fun fact out of like 10 special characters for the High Elves, only one actually rides a dragon, but Imrik got cut for 8th edition
    "And you spoke of being an heir to the throne, did you not, mother? Vasusen needs no throne. He has his seat in the hearts of the common people. That is the best throne a man can ever look for. I need no other." Karna to his mother Kunti on the eve of the battle of Kurukshetra
    Phaonix said:

Fun fact out of like 10 special characters for the High Elves, only one actually rides a dragon, but Imrik got cut for 8th edition
    Cooooool. Thanks. Despair for me now, for I will cry my smiles out, every good moment this lads offered me in my imagination.
  • JastalllJastalll Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,361
    The Dragon Princes got beaten because they were hopelessly outmatched, they had 3 units on them and weren't microed at all. Even so they still held for some time. On the live game it's the equivalent of sending Blood Knights against GW Centigors, Harpies and Ungor Spears all at the same time. You will get trashed 100% if you stay in a prolonged melee.

I was also impressed at the performance of the Spearmen to be honest. They got smashed by a faction that has very high offensive stats across the board, including anti-infantry, a monster and monstrous infantry, they weren't buffed or healed, and they still held the line and remained healthy. They had something like 50 melee defense with Martial Prowess, which is considerable. A line of Empire spears would have crumbled far faster.
  • scoutman1121scoutman1121 Registered Users Posts: 10
    I am so ready for this game. Warhammer 1 seems to have seemingly no brightness except for Brettonia. Sure, you have the Empire but it looks dark and the ground looks dirty. Then the vampires which have very dark lands. You have chaos, but it makes things red and all which is the only thing other than Brettonia that you have something that looks decent. Sure the Vampire Counts has those green spirit things, but other than that it's it. This Warhammer looks like it will have very colorful and bright landscapes, so pumped! I love the Phoenix's as well.
    Jastall said:

The Dragon Princes got beaten because they were hopelessly outmatched, they had 3 units on them and weren't microed at all. Even so they still held for some time. On the live game it's the equivalent of sending Blood Knights against GW Centigors, Harpies and Ungor Spears all at the same time. You will get trashed 100% if you stay in a prolonged melee.

I was also impressed at the performance of the Spearmen to be honest. They got smashed by a faction that has very high offensive stats across the board, including anti-infantry, a monster and monstrous infantry, they weren't buffed or healed, and they still held the line and remained healthy. They had something like 50 melee defense with Martial Prowess, which is considerable. A line of Empire spears would have crumbled far faster.

Exactly! People seem to have not noticed this or something.