Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Blog - On Early Adopter Bonuses and Post-launch Support

Comments

• HoneyBunHoneyBun Senior Member Posts: 4,474Registered Users
    Personally I do not think I agree with CA.

I don't think that two extra LLs equals a mini campaign. To my mind creating a mini campaign involved far more work than creating 2 LLs.

So even though I agree DLC faction packs without mini campaigns will sell better, there is in my view less content. So it should cost less.

They are making an FPS. Who knew a company could have a mid-life crisis ...

• IcestrugleIcestrugle Junior Member Posts: 1,143Registered Users
    HoneyBun said:

I don't think that two extra LLs equals a mini campaign. To my mind creating a mini campaign involved far more work than creating 2 LLs.

So even though I agree DLC faction packs without mini campaigns will sell better, there is in my view less content. So it should cost less.

They said more units than usual. Maybe full tomb kings at release. I think is more ok for everyone because people complaining about having more legendary lords and missing units ( poor beastman) and so less backlash for CA, and now they should't add extra work for flc for dlc because now they are in the budget.
  • obippoobippo Member Posts: 2,244Registered Users
    2 LLs and more complete rosters I assume.

tomb kings roster for example is massive, lots of monsters that could get axed the **** down (the serpent things, necrosphinx, scorpion etc etc). I expect that not to happen now that they will put all the effort into the roster.
    Always be aware when a Content Refusing Troll Brigade (CRTB) representative is near. Contact your local Witch Hunter for further info.

• bennymclbennymcl Senior Member Montreal, CanadaPosts: 2,797Registered Users
    Gotta say, the level at which CA is listening to us is truly heartening. Actually making me VERY excited for the next historical title too! Great news, CA <3
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,589Registered Users
    edited July 2017
    Now that dlc will get complete roster, which races are supposed to be released in dlc (complete roster) aside from Tomb Kings anyways?

How about the previous dlc's?
    Post edited by jamreal18 on
  • PetromirPetromir Senior Member Posts: 2,151Registered Users
    obippo said:

tomb kings roster for example is massive, lots of monsters that could get axed the **** down (the serpent things, necrosphinx, scorpion etc etc). I expect that not to happen now that they will put all the effort into the roster.

More complete roster than the WE? Who are missing a hero, a lord and lores (which exist anyway) plus a few LLs. Their campaign doesn't really seemed to have hurt them.

Fairly sure the Saga series being added to the game list means that they have more things for the devs who work on the maps etc to do is the reason we are getting this change.
    Petromir said:

obippo said:

More complete roster than the WE? Who are missing a hero, a lord and lores (which exist anyway) plus a few LLs. Their campaign doesn't really seemed to have hurt them.

Fairly sure the Saga series being added to the game list means that they have more things for the devs who work on the maps etc to do is the reason we are getting this change.
    TK roster has many more charlemagnes than WE. If we are sacrificing one of those disposable campaigns to get a couple more monsters and 2 more LLs I'm totally ready for that.
    Always be aware when a Content Refusing Troll Brigade (CRTB) representative is near. Contact your local Witch Hunter for further info.

• HoneyBunHoneyBun Senior Member Posts: 4,474Registered Users
    Petromir said:

obippo said:

I hope it includes RoR and other things the WE missed like followers.

But I think it is right that the community let CA know that we agree with the approach - we just want the same number of Charlemagnes for our cash.

They are making an FPS. Who knew a company could have a mid-life crisis ...

• SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 10,220Registered Users
    HoneyBun said:

I actually think that we are looking at prices like the WoC DLC not like the BM or WE.

WoC were race packs, as now every race will get.
    MB and WE were campaign packs that CA doesn't do anymore.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • Ituriel32Ituriel32 Posts: 159Registered Users
    Now we will have 3 types of dlc:
    - Lord pack - No change, 2 ll, 2 lords, ordinary and legendary units.
    - Races Pack - No change. New breed, with 2 LL technologies, and the rest.
    - Races pack XL - 4 LL, and the rest unchanged.
    Rome2 - where there are walls in smaller settlements?
  • DalakhDalakh Senior Member FrancePosts: 1,937Registered Users
    Ituriel32 said:

Now we will have 3 types of dlc:
    - Lord pack - No change, 2 ll, 2 lords, ordinary and legendary units.
    - Races Pack - No change. New breed, with 2 LL technologies, and the rest.
    - Races pack XL - 4 LL, and the rest unchanged.

Uh, no the Race Pack XL is now 4 LL, no mini campaign. I wonder if we'll see any basic race pack now. There was only one with the WoC. I guess we'll see if Norsca is one too.
    "We shall strike down our foes with sharp steel and cold hearts. The weak die so that the strong prevail and none shall be spared. Then and only then will our enemies know the true meaning of fear."

— Malekith, Witch King of Naggaroth
  • tgoodenowtgoodenow Senior Member Posts: 778Registered Users
    I personally don't like the mini campaigns. It's not that they're bad, I just feel like pieces of the map are missing so I opt for grand campaign.

4 LL packs sound great, but please make more hard start campaigns. Getting swarmed by enemies with no allies is really enjoyable as crooked moon. I wish that there were more starts that you have to grind out conquests TW style and not expand through cheap confederations.
  • LangolierLangolier Junior Member Posts: 374Registered Users
    Also I believe it is important how the extra LL are implemented.

Take for example the The King and Warlord, my favorite dlc for WH1 (well Bretonnia was free and awsome but I count that as flc)

The K&W added 2 LL with unique starting factions, new unique mechanics, sort of unique unit builds and both had a mini campaign of sort inside the main game.

That to me had alot more value than a standalone mini campaign.

So if the extra LL comes close to K&W that is awsome....if it is closer to Grim and The Grave it is still better. (we already know that they will have unique starting positions)

Well that is my opinion anyway...
    "Furthermore i believe that Carthage must be destroyed" - Cato the Elder
    "Furthermore I also believe that Chaos Dwarfs should have really big hats" - Langolier the middle aged
  • RybonRybon Junior Member Posts: 59Registered Users
    I know I am not in the majority, but I for one enjoyed the mini-campaigns. In fact I liked the mini wood elf campaign more than playing the wood elves in the main campaign.
  • MRFlackMRFlack Member Posts: 251Registered Users
    I'm more interested in an answer to whether there will be a smaller limited edition on offer like there was for the first Total War: Warhammer. One that comes with just the special case and maybe a small book or something.
  • CA_WhelanCA_Whelan Posts: 681Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff, Community Team
    MRFlack said:

I'm more interested in an answer to whether there will be a smaller limited edition on offer like there was for the first Total War: Warhammer. One that comes with just the special case and maybe a small book or something.

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/warhammer-ii-limited-edition/

Like this for example?
    edited July 2017
    As I posted in another thread.....

Question:

Does it mean only minor races(Future dLC) will only get complete roster?

There is only 1 major race left(tomb kings) and everything will be minor races.....
    *Major Race roster must be completed first before minor races...

How about Beastmen and Wood Elves?
    Better if they got 4 LL and complete roster from the start...
    Post edited by jamreal18 on
    edited July 2017
    Well I'm a bit confused now. It seems the 4-lords will be for CAMPAIGN packs, not for race packs. race packs will still be 2 LLs, apparently O_o

Pic made by @Steamage

• DalakhDalakh Senior Member FrancePosts: 1,937Registered Users
    obippo said:

Well I'm a bit confused now. It seems the 4-lords will be for CAMPAIGN packs, not for race packs. race packs will still be 2 LLs, apparently O_o

Pic made by @Steamage

Well it was obvious no ? They said they were replacing the campaigns with 2 more LLs. So if a race is not going to have a campaign (pre-order bonuses only so far) then it's not going to have 4 LLs.
    "We shall strike down our foes with sharp steel and cold hearts. The weak die so that the strong prevail and none shall be spared. Then and only then will our enemies know the true meaning of fear."

— Malekith, Witch King of Naggaroth
    Yeah I didn't understand it at first. So basically we will have race packs with 2 lls and others with 4lls.

edited July 2017
    obippo said:

Pic made by @Steamage

Better make a new thread regarding this topic so CA will see it immediately....

I thought Campaign Pack is the new Race Pack so it means that no more Race Packs....

Or does it mean,

Campaign Pack - Major Races? Tomb Kings but no more campaign

Race Pack - Minor Races

• NemoxNemox Posts: 2,622Registered Users
    Which makes sense. The lack of a campaign means extra content for those races.

This also means Tomb Kings being the next big dlc for Game 2 with 4 LL's and a slightly meatier roster, and allowing Araby to be a race pack (Like Norsca).
  • Arcani_4_EverArcani_4_Ever Junior Member Posts: 2,277Registered Users
    This change is amazing.

But i hope they don't forget to fix the victims of Part 1. Chaos and Beastmen, and to a lesser extent the Wood Elves.

Chaos state is pitiful, if they get access to parts of the Norscan roster, it would help them a bit.

Beastmen, the mini-campaign ruined all the chances of getting the Big Monsters for the Beastmen.

And the Wood Elves roster will need some revamp, since the other 2 Elf races will be probably much stronger.

This blog post didn't addressed the most important thing. Sure, they acknowledge Chaos and Beastmen are weaker due to their decisions. But the post never states if they were going to fix them.

Chaos needs a massive rework. The attrition between armies sucks, the limited roster makes them weak. The least CA can do to temporarily fix them is to give them some of the Norscan units. The Chaos Warshine and the War Mammoth are units of the Chaos roster, so i would be very upset if at least these 2 units are not added to the Chaos roster. Hell, pretty much all the Monstrous Units and Heroes for Norsca should be added to Chaos. It won't fix them, but it will make them much better.

Still, no Muthalix Vortex Beast (its the freaking Vortex Campaign CA!) or Skullcrushers. These units are needed badly.

Beastmen just need their roster complete. Since they work much better as a horde than Chaos.
    edited July 2017
    jamreal18 said:

obippo said:

Pic made by @Steamage

I thought Campaign Pack is the new Race Pack so it means that no more Race Packs....

Or does it mean,

Race Pack - Minor Races

It means that now they will release:

- 4-LL race packs (former mini-campaign packs)
    - 2-LL race packs
    - lord packs

that's my understanding of it.

• IcestrugleIcestrugle Junior Member Posts: 1,143Registered Users

This change is amazing.

But i hope they don't forget to fix the victims of Part 1. Chaos and Beastmen, and to a lesser extent the Wood Elves.

Chaos state is pitiful, if they get access to parts of the Norscan roster, it would help them a bit.

Beastmen, the mini-campaign ruined all the chances of getting the Big Monsters for the Beastmen.

And the Wood Elves roster will need some revamp, since the other 2 Elf races will be probably much stronger.

This blog post didn't addressed the most important thing. Sure, they acknowledge Chaos and Beastmen are weaker due to their decisions. But the post never states if they were going to fix them.

Chaos needs a massive rework. The attrition between armies sucks, the limited roster makes them weak. The least CA can do to temporarily fix them is to give them some of the Norscan units. The Chaos Warshine and the War Mammoth are units of the Chaos roster, so i would be very upset if at least these 2 units are not added to the Chaos roster. Hell, pretty much all the Monstrous Units and Heroes for Norsca should be added to Chaos. It won't fix them, but it will make them much better.

Still, no Muthalix Vortex Beast (its the freaking Vortex Campaign CA!) or Skullcrushers. These units are needed badly.

Beastmen just need their roster complete. Since they work much better as a horde than Chaos.

I hope they won't copy paste from norsca to WoC. Maybe a unit or 2... but really do you want to have 2 races as the same. Not cool. Maybe add other units in a longer wait than copy paste. Mods can copy paste easily.
  • twwatchertwwatcher Posts: 2,215Registered Users
    edited July 2017
    obippo said:

jamreal18 said:

obippo said:

Pic made by @Steamage

Or does it mean,

Race Pack - Minor Races

It means that now they will release:

- 4-LL race packs (former mini-campaign packs)
    - 2-LL race packs
    - lord packs

that's my understanding of it.
    Yes, I had not understood this but the comments on facebook seem to back this up that the three layer approach still applies in that the old campaign pack now becomes a race pack plus lord pack combined in effect.

In away this gets over the problem of no DLC for DLC in some way. The price structure fits as well with Norsca as a £7.99 race pack plus if you add £5.99 lord pack (single race so should up the contents quite a bit) you get £13.99 super charged race pack - hopefully with near complete roster.

In the base game the core races are lacking their lord packs so expect to see these as seen with part 1. Although they share a lord pack between them.

FLC on top of course can add extra lords and units as well.
    Post edited by twwatcher on
  • GrumpyTheGreatGrumpyTheGreat Senior Member Posts: 268Registered Users
    edited July 2017
    Has it been mentioned you MUST pre order to get "early adopter bonus" (Norsca), or can we buy it the week of release just like with TWW1 ?
    cheers
  • twwatchertwwatcher Posts: 2,215Registered Users

Has it been mentioned you MUST pre order to get "early adopter bonus" (Norsca), or can we buy it the week of release just like with TWW1 ?
    cheers

You have a week to buy TWW 2 and still get the pre-order after release of TWW 2:

Do I need to pre-order to get it?
    No, you can purchase it alone if you do not wish to pre-order or buy Total War: WARHAMMER II in the first week: http://store.steampowered.com/app/455040

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/norsca-qa/
  • GrumpyTheGreatGrumpyTheGreat Senior Member Posts: 268Registered Users
    twwatcher said:

cheers

You have a week to buy TWW 2 and still get the pre-order after release of TWW 2:

Do I need to pre-order to get it?
    No, you can purchase it alone if you do not wish to pre-order or buy Total War: WARHAMMER II in the first week: http://store.steampowered.com/app/455040

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/norsca-qa/
    Thanks for reply chief. :D
  • BrightestLightBrightestLight Posts: 405Registered Users
    i'm hoping that norsca gets chaos spawn, and that WoC get chaos warshrines in some form, but other than that the rosters should stay separate.