Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Wood Elves vs High Elves

2»

Comments

• seienchinseienchin Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,572
    Since when are High Elves defensive? They die when you look at them slightly angry...

Phoenix guard is their only tanky unit... Or do you mean because their spearmen perform better defensively and they have some agile redirectors?

• boyfightsboyfights Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,023
    Every battle ends in a draw when both armies are disqualified for crying too much
    boyfights you are always here to confirmate every spark of originality
    or reason burns or acid bruises anyone,
    stop your gladiator love for agressions.
  • GeldorGeldor Registered Users Posts: 1,115
    seienchin said:

Since when are High Elves defensive? They die when you look at them slightly angry...

Phoenix guard is their only tanky unit... Or do you mean because their spearmen perform better defensively and they have some agile redirectors?

Their bonuses are defensive, their front line has good shields, they have been described as such, and we have seen them only playing a defensive role in the two battles they showed us.

But you are right, they have low health, not the best artillery, and lose their battles bonuses if they get shot down too much before an engagement, so it's likely they have to take the offense against several factions/builds.
  • Icebern12Icebern12 Registered Users Posts: 206
    If I played against wood elves with high elves I would probably take an eagle claw to force them to come to me. 5 spearmen with shields, 2 or 3 archers because they have better range, a fire phoenix (in case he brings any tree unit) a frost phoenix for the debuff and air superiority and a mage and prince on foot or horse. Then with the rest of the funds ellyrian reavers with spears or 1 or 2 tiranoc chariots.

High elves have elite infantry armored and with armor piercing, both of them a waste and cost ineffective against wood elves because they have non armored units with high armor piercing like wildwood rangers, wardancers or waywatchers. So it's better to take quantity over quality at with the line infantry.

Also if you manage to get the flying superiority you can pick your battles.

The only wood elf unit that could disrupt this build are at least two units of wildwood riders, and I could focus on them with the eagle claw or the phoenixes if I think they will be a problem.

High elves can choose completely different armies depending on the enemy and this will be great in multiplayer.

For example against dwarfs I wouldn't even entertain bringing an eagle claw or any shooting unit for that matter dwarfs have better range with their cannons, they have better armor piercing with their quarrelers, and have much better armor overall, hihgh elves can't win against dwarfs on that front.
    I would go for the minimum infantry required to pin their front line and would go super heavy on silver helms and flank the **** out of them with continuous charges. Prince on a star dragon for that breath attack against heavily armored units. I could maybe go with a more infantry heavy build and bring swordmasters but I wouldn't flank so well and they would be projectiles sponges.