Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

New Poll: Would you prefer a Pirate themed Campaign on Lustria or a superpower called Araby?

1234568»

Comments

• RedunzgofastaRedunzgofasta Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 49
    MrJade said:

Equix said:

the cut of the rooster.

Why are we cutting chickens again?
    Because it fits the lore better than Araby?
  • EquixEquix Registered Users Posts: 624
    MrJade said:

Equix said:

the cut of the rooster.

I mean CA said the fluff and shinning regiments of renown of all races can't go with TEB or be hireable, so they will need something out of the box with enough southern realm inspiration. Lore talks of faith, bretonnia have grials and pegasus, why not angels and no pegasus for TEB?
  • DarkGlamDarkGlam Registered Users Posts: 12
    I want angels and pegasus for Tilea.
    Equix said:

MrJade said:

Equix said:

the cut of the rooster.

I mean CA said the fluff and shinning regiments of renown of all races can't go with TEB or be hireable, so they will need something out of the box with enough southern realm inspiration. Lore talks of faith, bretonnia have grials and pegasus, why not angels and no pegasus for TEB?
    Because the Lady wouldn't want competition?
    Because Tilea uses only mercenaries? Angel mercenaries??
    TEB aren't much of chivalry, they are more barefoot faith mercenaries. Templars were mercenaries, holy crusades were paid merc campaigns. Just saying. Accept the truth.
    Equix said:

TEB aren't much of chivalry, they are more barefoot faith mercenaries. Templars were mercenaries, holy crusades were paid merc campaigns. Just saying. Accept the truth.

Ehr... no.
    The Knight Templars were a Catholic Millitary Order, a rather wealthy one I might add.
    And the crusades were not paid for by the pope. So no!

Time to stop making stuff up dude.

Equix said:

Ehr... no.
    The Knight Templars were a Catholic Millitary Order, a rather wealthy one I might add.

You said almost correct. The Knight Templars were a Mercenary Catholic Order, wealthy because they got paid on crusades, Vatican and Spanish rulers went broke paying their services, that's why to get rid of the duty they made a heresy claim against templars and disolved them.
    edited July 2017
    Equix said:

Equix said:

Ehr... no.

You said almost correct. The Knight Templars were a Mercenary Catholic Order, wealthy because they got paid on crusades, Vatican and Spanish rulers went broke paying their services, that's why to get rid of the duty they made a heresy claim against templars and disolved them.
    Dead wrong again.
    They were wealthy because they were a popular "charity goal" and had a vast economic infrastructure and economic practices that almost could be called "banking".
    No pope or Spanish rules ever hired them as mercenaries.
    edited July 2017

Equix said:

Equix said:

Ehr... no.

Dead wrong again.
    They were wealthy because the were a popular "charity goal" and had a vast economic infrastructure and economic practices that almost could be called "banking".
    Not true, the major part of Templar combatants were mercenaries, not even knights. Templars got paid with lands and castles at first, later also did banking with catholic realms. All in all, the vast majority of Templars were mercenaries.

Anyways, returning at topic, angelic units on TEB is reasonable, taking their faithful behavior on lore, and vatican and templar real background, and some inspiration from 40k. Have I to remember you the universes were shared? blood angels could be inspiration for TEB on more ligther armored way
    edited July 2017
    Equix said:

Equix said:

Equix said:

Ehr... no.

Dead wrong again.
    They were wealthy because the were a popular "charity goal" and had a vast economic infrastructure and economic practices that almost could be called "banking".
    Not true, the major part of Templar combatants were mercenaries, not even knights. Templars got paid with lands and castles at first, later also did banking with catholic realms. All in all, the vast majority of Templars were mercenaries.
    You seriously have no clue what you are talking about.
    Recieving charity and making loads of money due to smart economic policies does not equal being paid.
    The Knights Templar were an independant order that grew to rich and to powerfull to be "tolerated".
    That's why the order had to be "destroyed".
    Not because the pope or some Spanish ruler no longer could afford paying for their services as the mercenaries they never were to begin with.
    Equix said:

Anyways, returning at topic, angelic units on TEB is reasonable, taking their faithful behavior on lore, and vatican and templar real background, and some inspiration from 40k. Have I to remember you the universes were shared? blood angels could be inspiration for TEB on more ligther armored way

No they are absurd.
    Angels, The Vatican and 40k have no place in Warhammer Fantasy.
    Not anymore.
    No Sigmarines in Total War: Warhammer please.
    Thank you.
    edited July 2017
    No one said sigmarines. Angel units can be done on a very light way. Don't twist everything I say

Also, What do you think of turning Norska into Pokemon?
    Equix said:

Sounds right up your alley.
    So no!
    edited July 2017

Equix said:

So no!
    It's the changes they did to Norska, not my idea. They have surpassed Chaos Warriors. To much creativity in Norska, so it proves angels for Estalia are ok. And some steampunk units for Albion. Etc.
    Equix said:

Equix said:

So no!
    It's the changes they did to Norska, not my idea. They have surpassed Chaos Warriors. To much creativity in Norska, so it proves angels for Estalia are ok. And some steampunk units for Albion. Etc.
    I'd like to point out that there is a difference between "too much creativity done right" and "Ignoring lore, ignoring history and have steampunk druids live in Albion commanding mercenary angle warbands".
    edited July 2017
    How is done right when it overpowers minor factions over major factions?

I never said angels in Albion, you are making fun of positive building based on reasonable lore made by Games Workshop.
    Equix said:

I never said angels in Albion, you are making fun of positive building based on reasonable lore made by Games Workshop.

Why wouldn't steampunk Celts be able to hire mercenaries?
    And no, steampunk celts and mercenary angel warbands in Tilea are not "based on reasonable lore made by Games Workshop.".
    At best they are a mockery of it.
    edited July 2017

Equix said:

And no, steampunk celts and mercenary angel warbands in Tilea are not "based on reasonable lore made by Games Workshop.".
    You are totally lost there. CA already said DoW will not be hireable by other races, and TEB will not have all this variety of races to hire from DoW. Do you start to understand now why separed suggetions for Albion and TEB are made? Now I applaud you for you celerity of understanding
    Equix said:

Equix said:

You are totally lost there. CA already said DoW will not be hireable by other races, and TEB will not have all this variety of races to hire from DoW. Do you start to understand now why separed suggetions for Albion and TEB are made? Now I applaud you for you celerity of understanding
    Exactly where did I state that I have a problem with suggestions for Albion or TEB?
    I just have a problem with your suggestions due to their sheer ridiculousness.
  • Ol_NessieOl_Nessie Registered Users Posts: 3,403
    Equix said:

I am noit going to quote awful and irresponsable accusations made against me, not event to repeat how overpowering is taking inspiration from warmaster, played on a oversized scale, there is not going to be on par with everything.

By that logic, everything from Warmaster should be off the table. So we shouldn't include Empire, Chaos, Orcs, Tomb Kings, High Elves, Dwarfs, Skaven, Lizardmen, Bretonnia, Dark Elves, Demons, Vampire Counts, and Kislev either because they all had armies in Warmaster. Oh wait, 10 of those are either already in game 1 or 2 and the remainder are either coming or strongly hinted at.
    Equix said:

It's like taking the generals of Mordheim at max level and doing the full army of those. No way, no matther how you do, I can assure you it's going to be overpowered.

You haven't provided a single coherent reason why it would be overpowered.
    Equix said:

It would be much better just renovating the real minor factions with one or two things from universal fantasy lore from the beginning of warhammer or even get fantasy vaguely rescueable from 40k and make something..... refreshing for the masses.

What makes them real minor factions? The fact that they only have 2-3 named units? Or that you could fit the combined lore of all of them onto a single page? Bringing in outside fantasy tropes and elements from 40k would be universally less well received than anything they'd do for Araby.
    Equix said:

Like gnomes with iron golems and alchemy bombs, one or two angelic looking units on estalia at the price of taking gryffons and pegasus, every minor needs more unique something without overpowering.

You want Gnomes, play World of Warcraft. You want Angels play something else. Neither has a place in WHFB or TWW.
    Equix said:

Amazons and the cult of the serpent of sotek was before Amazons were moved to new world with pigmys, because both were originally created to be in Africa.

Well that's just plain wrong.
    Equix said:

CA should think on selling minor races better. Warhammer 40k has lot of angelic models, if Estalia gets something like that how I was suggesting without surpassing on armoring it would work and fit warhammer fantasy, would attract more warhammer 40k fans, will improve selling objectives, and satisfaction of the masses without overpowering.

WHFB fans don't want 40k things in their setting and 40k fans don't want those elements taken from 40k and interjected where they don't belong.
    Equix said:

As per Albion, it's much better do something than fully ignore them. Would be better add one or two steampunk things giving them gnomes and a plot on the vortex campaign and pirates. It fits the universal imaginary too, it's not that lore breaking, it's not overpowering.

It is categorically lore breaking. Like, by definition. And sure, they should do something with Albion. Like keeping them where they are and turning it into a 2 settlement province that gets wiped out by Norsca or Chaos. Also, by your logic, it's much better to do something with Araby than to fully ignore them. Read the forums; the majority of people want Araby to be represented in some form.
    Equix said:

Didn't gave CA to Norska full monster hunter and pokémon trainer powers combined? Sure it's fun, but if this can be made I can't see how adding one or two improved things to real minor factions and make them best selling and appealing without overpowering are bad.

Because per the lore, the Norscans are great monster hunters. Nothing that you've mentioned "fits" the lore at all.

Build a Slayer Hero and make Miners, Rangers, and Irondrakes great again! Thorek Ironbrow 2020

Equix said:

Equix said:

Where? Where exactly did they say that DoW will not be hireable by other races or consist of units from across the setting? For that matter, when have they mentioned anything concerning their plans for expanding TEB into more than an empire clone?
    Build a Slayer Hero and make Miners, Rangers, and Irondrakes great again! Thorek Ironbrow 2020

edited July 2017
    ben8vtedu said:

Equix said:

Equix said:

Where? Where exactly did they say that DoW will not be hireable by other races or consist of units from across the setting? For that matter, when have they mentioned anything concerning their plans for expanding TEB into more than an empire clone?
    We have proof Estalia will be made, Also CA said DoW will not be like in TT a mix of hireable reskins of other races. And the DoW system for other races was discarded. The Regiments of Renown listed on DoW coul only be seen as Regiments of Renown for their respective races but not under TT DoW system. CA wants every race to be unique.

By logic, if you cut all the exotic of TEB, you have to build something there. They aren't a copy of Empire, and CA doesn't want let it be that. CA will have to make TEB more appealing, giving them angels or something never seen on other races.

Reskining the helmets doesn't count.
    Equix said:

Didn't gave CA to Norska full monster hunter and pokémon trainer powers combined? Sure it's fun, but if this can be made I can't see how adding one or two improved things to real minor factions and make them best selling and appealing without overpowering are bad.

Because per the lore, the Norscans are great monster hunters. Nothing that you've mentioned "fits" the lore at all.

Per lore, the estalians and tileans are strongly faithful and fanatical greedy believers. So there fits: purity similar to christians: angels. Also per lore their cult is eagle, the concept of wings is on their faith.
    Equix said:

Per lore, the estalians and tileans are strongly faithful and fanatical greedy believers. So there fits: purity similar to christians: angels. Also per lore their cult is eagle, the concept of wings is on their faith.

Except Christianity doesn't exist in the setting and there's no mention of Estalians or Tileans being especially more faithful or pious than other human nations so stop trying to turn them into something they're not. Maybe it says that in some fan-made army book, but those are not official and do not count as lore.

Furthermore, the cult most often associated with the region, which is the Cult of Myrmidia if we're being completely accurate, already has TWO warrior orders associated with it, highly unlikely they'll add more.

And finally, if CA were to implement a unit of winged men to a TEB faction, it would be the Birdmen of Catrazza, and it's pretty clear that your idea is a direct ripoff. Well that and 40k/AoS.