Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Greenskin regiment of renown is super sad

2»

Comments

• GrantdemGrantdem Member Registered Users Posts: 121
    It is a bit frustrating that the greenskins don't have a ROR version of their basic early infantry unit.
    A beefed up Orc Boyz could be helpful. After all the 3 other main factions get their basic infantry as a ROR.
  • SnotfaceSnotface Member Registered Users Posts: 753
    I was sad that little gork never made it in
    Wyvern's is good fer one thing, eatin' smashin' smellin' and flyin.'
  • Mogwai_ManMogwai_Man Registered Users Posts: 3,759
    Yeah the greenskin RoR selection has too many goblin options and I think it was due to Skarsnik being the focus on the greenskin side.
  • SeldkamSeldkam Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,342
    Also because it makes more sense to have goblins doing more interesting sneaky and utility things than orcs
    The inferior races of this world will be crushed one by one, as our armies move from shore to shore, and hill to hill, and city to city-- and each of their cries will be as music to our ears, for we are the Druchii.
  • BeardedragonBeardedragon Member Registered Users Posts: 1,478
    Seldkam said:

Also because it makes more sense to have goblins doing more interesting sneaky and utility things than orcs

how the hell does that make any sense when the army rooster is made up by both orks and goblins?
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 24,639

Seldkam said:

how the hell does that make any sense when the army rooster is made up by both orks and goblins?
    Yeah, where's the friggin' Army Rooster!?

• TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,580

Seldkam said:

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN! TOTAL WAR TROY FOR ONE YEAR EXCLUSIVELY ON THE EPIC GAMES STORE!"

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 24,639
    Actually, I have it good authority that the patch will change Sarthorael to have a more appropriate model, BEHOLD:

• GingerRoeBroGingerRoeBro Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,041

Seldkam said:

In american......
    Bigger Budget for game 3?

They're gonna need it for all of the monogod glory.
    Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Thank you CA for seeing them as what they truly are.
    Let the Games Begin!
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_Game
    you guys post chicken pictures in my thread?

they look kinda fun. i approve.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 19,706

This comment is the only reason the thread has not been closed.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • ElkerethElkereth Registered Users Posts: 257
    dge1 said:

Careful, nobody egg on the mod. It's not beakoming to do so.
  • SeldkamSeldkam Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,342

Seldkam said:

Because the orcs don't do those kinds of things, lol, how is this so hard to understand
    The inferior races of this world will be crushed one by one, as our armies move from shore to shore, and hill to hill, and city to city-- and each of their cries will be as music to our ears, for we are the Druchii.
    edited August 2017
    dge1 said:

why is your screen orange?
    Seldkam said:

Seldkam said:

Because the orcs don't do those kinds of things, lol, how is this so hard to understand
    dunno. why is it so hard for you to understand a regiment of renown is meant to support the entire army rooster which the greenskins RoR does not, as the only one?

the Vampire counts RoR supports all aspects, empires does, dwarves does. but not the Greenskins.

sure from a: this dlc was focused on goblins" kind of point it makes sense, but thats about it. in general, the RoR is weak for the Greenskins, only really focussing on goblins except for the very late game units.

when i play as wurzzag, azhag or grimgor in the mid or even late game, i dont even have the 60% of the units in any of my armies because a bunch of goblin wolves can easily be replaced with boar riders.

there is absolutely no need for the RoR for greenskins to feature 2 almost identical night goblin infantry, as well as both wolf rider variants as well. one wolf rider should have been a special Ork boyz and one night goblin infantry should have been a big un's variant.

that way you could actually have a BALANCED Greenskin RoR rather than a completely focused goblin RoR with only 2 actual ork units and 2 others (catapult/arachnarok) that are neutral and can find its way in any composition. the way the Greenskin rooster and lords works is that either your lord supports mainly goblins, or it support mainly orks. it kinda sucks then that the RoR doesnt feature an almost same amount of Goblin and Ork units then.
  • GingerRoeBroGingerRoeBro Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,041

dge1 said:

why is your screen orange?
    Seldkam said:

Seldkam said:

dunno. why is it so hard for you to understand a regiment of renown is meant to support the entire army rooster which the greenskins RoR does not, as the only one?

the Vampire counts RoR supports all aspects, empires does, dwarves does. but not the Greenskins.

sure from a: this dlc was focused on goblins" kind of point it makes sense, but thats about it. in general, the RoR is weak for the Greenskins, only really focussing on goblins except for the very late game units.

when i play as wurzzag, azhag or grimgor in the mid or even late game, i dont even have the 60% of the units in any of my armies because a bunch of goblin wolves can easily be replaced with boar riders.

there is absolutely no need for the RoR for greenskins to feature 2 almost identical night goblin infantry, as well as both wolf rider variants as well. one wolf rider should have been a special Ork boyz and one night goblin infantry should have been a big un's variant.

that way you could actually have a BALANCED Greenskin RoR rather than a completely focused goblin RoR with only 2 actual ork units and 2 others (catapult/arachnarok) that are neutral and can find its way in any composition. the way the Greenskin rooster and lords works is that either your lord supports mainly goblins, or it support mainly orks. it kinda sucks then that the RoR doesnt feature an almost same amount of Goblin and Ork units then.
    But if you did all that then the orks would outnumber the gobo's.
    Bigger Budget for game 3?

They're gonna need it for all of the monogod glory.
    Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Thank you CA for seeing them as what they truly are.
    Let the Games Begin!
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_Game
  • SaurianDruidSaurianDruid Registered Users Posts: 1,050
    Orcs can still recruit and use goblins in their army. I don't really see the issue here. And I use the wolf and spider rider RoR quite a lot early game when the Greenskins don't have any good skirmishing options and need more mobility. Boar boys are painfully slow, so the fear causing wolf riders are pretty nice, both for helping the enemy route and chasing them down so they don't come back.
  • doclumbagodoclumbago Registered Users Posts: 1,607
    Arsenic said:

I'm surprised Grimgor didn't get The Immortulz, now they seem to be bringing in bodyguard units to all intents and purposes.

But the Arachnarok Queen is probably one of the most powerful RoR going, so I'm not sure if they can be truly said to have got the rough end of the stick.

Fully agree.
    that´s also my only point of criticism.
    I´m happy with the overall roster.
  • zzxpzzxp Registered Users Posts: 3
    I feel they are pretty balanced, those two orc units are insanely strong and efficient. Just look at the dwarves, they are supposed to be a heavy artillery faction and only got a RoR grudge thrower, a good one, but still no cannon, organ gun, flame cannon (for me this one needed it the most) or even thunderers.

So for me the greenskins RoR are pretty good (aside maybe the goblin wolf riders), giving them stronger versions of their best units, and making goblins more useful, remember this army theme is of both orc and goblins.
  • Mogwai_ManMogwai_Man Registered Users Posts: 3,759
    zzxp said:

I feel they are pretty balanced, those two orc units are insanely strong and efficient. Just look at the dwarves, they are supposed to be a heavy artillery faction and only got a RoR grudge thrower, a good one, but still no cannon, organ gun, flame cannon (for me this one needed it the most) or even thunderers.

So for me the greenskins RoR are pretty good (aside maybe the goblin wolf riders), giving them stronger versions of their best units, and making goblins more useful, remember this army theme is of both orc and goblins.

The wolf riders are awesome since they have AP.
  • SultschiemSultschiem Registered Users Posts: 2,250
    Grim and the Grave RoR were mostly based on the campaign that was the basis of the DLC story.

The Greesnkin RoR are strongly based on Skarsnik and the Crooked Moon, which is why it focuses so much on Goblins.
  • mitthrawnuruodomitthrawnuruodo Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,884
    edited February 2018
    Their Black Orc ROR can slaughter similarly priced anti-armor anti-infantry units like Swordmasters of Hoeth, even with martial prowess.

The Greenskin army needs with a whole-sell nerf. Way too strong for their cheap costs currently.
  • MrMecHMrMecH Registered Users Posts: 2,283
    Greenskins should have where is the love? thread soon. :D
    SHUT UP GIVE US GHORGON!!!!!

i made this thread ages ago.

why was it necro'd lol
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,628
    corvo said:

thats the whole point,
    Nobody used goblins before, so they added many as RoR.

I did... and still do...