Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Characters die in naval auto-resolve

2»

Comments

• KGpoopyKGpoopy Registered Users Posts: 2,009

KGpoopy said:

I will also confirm that you will not be able to recruit ships.

I hadn't seen the confirmation anywhere that you can't recruit naval ships. In fact, I found it weird that not a single streamer or site mentioned it at all. I'm not ever expecting actual battles, but was hoping for recruitable ships with auto-resolve. Were you part of the press group that played the game?
    No.

I simply watched a gameplay video, in which a dev said so in a round about way to an interviewer.
    It will be the same as warhammer 1. Which is basically nothing lol. No recruiting.
  • MerciiMercii Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 944
    I was kinda hoping for recruitable naval units as well, I had assumed with the expansions to the building browser naval shipyard options for docks might be back.

If thats not the case, then I guess cheap autoresolve stacks would be the way to go if you want a navy.

Lords can get naval traits, never really looked into though so dont know how good they are.

Sounds like we arent expected to really engage in naval warfare at all if avoidable...just make a quick expedition to new coninent and settle spending as little time on the water as possible.

I guess thats ok, same as it is now anyway.

MercytheMad on Youtube
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 11,188
    I cant control the outcome with autoresolve only. Unacceptable.
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • KGpoopyKGpoopy Registered Users Posts: 2,009

I cant control the outcome with autoresolve only. Unacceptable.

The only way you can control it is by not traveling out to sea. Or take two fairly large armies and auto resolve your heart out.
  • ChaosDragonBornChaosDragonBorn Registered Users Posts: 1,487
    KGpoopy said:

I will also confirm that you will not be able to recruit ships.

Also CA never brings up warhammer sea battle licences. They have said multiple times that they considered doing naval battles, but they decided they wanted players to focus on land battles because warhammer is mainly about land battles. That excuse can be said about anything, any point in history, and any fantasy title.

Man O' War and Dreadfleet extended warhammer fantasy with lore and sea battles. They have enough ships for total war, and enough lore for any ideas for more variation if CA would like to add more ships.

It's all there on the table, but they just didn't want to extend that part of the game because of the apparent focus on land battles. I personally think the devs think it's not worth it. A comment from a member of the CRTB suggested such a thing, which got a like from a dev. So that tells me that they just wanted to put something out to the public that sounds positive like "we wanted to focus here" instead of a 100% honest reason which is "we didn't feel like it". It could be both for all we would truly know. Just going to have to wait for the historical game if the warhammer team still doesn't give a **** about it. Everytime it is brought up with a dev they don't sound too eager or interested, they just press hard on what they have done already, which is nothing. Which is a good tactic, but it doesn't speak well for additional content such as sea battles. :disappointed:

The only thing I count on is a big expansion after or during the trilogy. Call me crazy.

Well said man. I'll call you crazy.

I'm hoping for a naval battle expansion as well.
    Mercii said:

I was kinda hoping for recruitable naval units as well, I had assumed with the expansions to the building browser naval shipyard options for docks might be back.

If thats not the case, then I guess cheap autoresolve stacks would be the way to go if you want a navy.

Lords can get naval traits, never really looked into though so dont know how good they are.

Sounds like we arent expected to really engage in naval warfare at all if avoidable...just make a quick expedition to new coninent and settle spending as little time on the water as possible.

I guess thats ok, same as it is now anyway.

When I played the bretonnia campaign one of my lords got a naval battle trait. +Melee attack when attacking at sea I think. Kind of odd.
    A few of the Lord traits that trigger on battles trigger on both land and sea battles but I there are some naval only traits as well.

Will look em up later, can't remeber if any of them were any good.
    MercytheMad on Youtube
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 11,188
    Make the AI never attack on sea. And i can chose not to do the same.

Cant stand autoresolve only.
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
    @Tennisgolfboll That's fine if your going to avoid naval combat....I probably will too.

But what I was hoping for in this thread was more suggestions for how to make the most of naval autoresolve if and when I DO actually use it.
    MercytheMad on Youtube
    I think one of the youtubers mentioned autoresolve in Vortex campaign was basically the same as game 1 but not 100% sure.
    MercytheMad on Youtube