Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War: Warhammer 2 - Dark Elves Campaign Let's Play

Comments

• Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,782
    HoneyBun said:

Nyaxxy said:

HoneyBun said:

The only question I have is a practical one - how do you know if the Black Ark is in range for either replenishment or bombard?

I couldn't work it out

The broken circular line around it when it is selected I presume.
    Ahh I see it now at 9:48

I had assumed it would be *inside* the max movement range. But actually, if that is it, it is greater than the max movement range

V grateful - Black Arks rock!
    Oh wow, it was so far out I didn't even see it.

That AoE is MASSIVE.
    81jt2dj75iky.png

• TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 12,345

Wow the re-vamped slave mechanic is amazing.

I NEVER EVER took slaves in previous TWs because of how they spread evenly across your empire even to border towns and new conquests with low public order. The ability to direct them is exactly what was needed to make this a worthwhile mechanic.

Yes the new slave mechanic seems to be better then in previous total war games. :)
  • Nyanko73Nyanko73 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,351
    Nyaxxy said:

HoneyBun said:

The only question I have is a practical one - how do you know if the Black Ark is in range for either replenishment or bombard?

I couldn't work it out

The red line around it you mean? It can't be, cause at the end of the video, when the Black Ark moves along the coasts with Malekith, it stops far out of reach of the city if it was this red cycle.

Team Yennefer

"A blinding flash materialised into a transparent sphere, and inside it loomed a shape, assuming contours and shapes at frightening speed. Dandelion recognised it at once. He knew those wild, black curls and the obsidian star on a velvet ribbon. What he didn’t know and had never seen before was the face. It was a face of rage and fury, the face of the goddess of vengeance, destruction and death." - Time of contempt
  • KatarianKatarian Registered Users Posts: 246
    edited August 2017
    Nyanko73 said:

Nyaxxy said:

HoneyBun said:

I couldn't work it out

The red line around it you mean? It can't be, cause at the end of the video, when the Black Ark moves along the coasts with Malekith, it stops far out of reach of the city if it was this red cycle.
    No the broken yellow line. When they move the ark at 12:12 the broken line is a little beyond the maximum movement range. It practical reaches the city of Cairn Thel even before the ark moves.
  • Lin_HuichiLin_Huichi Registered Users Posts: 473
    The intervention force can be sent against you I presume, and its separate from the Chaos forces that spawn? Really like the invention mechanic more armies to fight.
  • JastalllJastalll Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,289
    Good stuff. The slave mechanic is more in depth than I previously assumed, and the race to protect/defend Rituals is really cool. Albeit I do think it disadvantages some factions that start far from everyone else (hi Teclis) given that the map is so ginormous. The flipside, I suppose, is that it also makes your own rituals harder to stop.

I just hope we can change the Names of Power given to Lord, I just know some of them will be extremely cheesy.
  • Nyanko73Nyanko73 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,351
    Katarian said:

Nyanko73 said:

Nyaxxy said:

HoneyBun said:

I couldn't work it out

No the broken yellow line. When they move the ark at 12:12 the broken line is a little beyond the maximum movement range. It practical reaches the city of Cairn Thel even before the ark moves.
    Ah ok thanks. It's pretty huge, meaning you can bombard lots of inland cities.

Team Yennefer

"A blinding flash materialised into a transparent sphere, and inside it loomed a shape, assuming contours and shapes at frightening speed. Dandelion recognised it at once. He knew those wild, black curls and the obsidian star on a velvet ribbon. What he didn’t know and had never seen before was the face. It was a face of rage and fury, the face of the goddess of vengeance, destruction and death." - Time of contempt
  • KhorneFlakesKhorneFlakes Registered Users Posts: 3,583
    hmmm but which chaos force though

Jastall said:

Good stuff. The slave mechanic is more in depth than I previously assumed, and the race to protect/defend Rituals is really cool. Albeit I do think it disadvantages some factions that start far from everyone else (hi Teclis) given that the map is so ginormous. The flipside, I suppose, is that it also makes your own rituals harder to stop.

I just hope we can change the Names of Power given to Lord, I just know some of them will be extremely cheesy.

I guess that depends on if every LL have unique ritual cities, rather then ritual cities being the same for both LL of a race. It could make Teclis's campaign incredibly difficult if he has to protect the same ritual sites on Ulthuan that Tyrion does.
  • rhinoinsomniacrhinoinsomniac Member Registered Users Posts: 951
    Katarian said:

Jastall said:

I guess that depends on if every LL have unique ritual cities, rather then ritual cities being the same for both LL of a race. It could make Teclis's campaign incredibly difficult if he has to protect the same ritual sites on Ulthuan that Tyrion does.
    well in the stream Darren said something about the sites he had to protect being his strongest settlements. and he only had to protect settlements of his own faction - not of morathi's or any other delf. so i think it's safe to assume Teclis will only have to protect his own lands unless he confederates with Tyrion in which case then Lothern lands would be his too.

honey will catch more flies than vinegar

Team Lizardmen

• MrDarth0MrDarth0 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 229
    So what happens if you successfully disrupt rival faction's ritual?

Do they have to gather all those resources again and repeat the ritual?

And what happens if your own ritual is successfully disrupted?

Also, what if the main factions are destroyed? Guess you won't have any competition in the ritual campaign anymore. Right now, it seems to me like the easiest way to stop other factions from completing their rituals is to snipe for them from the beginning.
  • LudboneLudbone Registered Users Posts: 1,923
    Katarian said:

Ludbone said:

Still missed the Armored Cold Ones...

Do you mean the Cold One Dread Knights? If you pause at just the right time (10:27) you can see a Cold One Dread Knight unit card. Might take a few attempts, but they are comparable to Dragon Princes.
    So the Dread Knights have armored CO? I was worried 'cause the Female Dreadlord, during the campaign gameplay, has a normal CO mount without that cool-black armor.

https://us.v-cdn.net/5022456/uploads/editor/ni/121v2pxfwz9l.jpg

^ this version

• KrabbzKrabbz FranceRegistered Users Posts: 466
    Loved everything in that video except the "Intervention forces".
    MrDarth0 said:

So what happens if you successfully disrupt rival faction's ritual?

Do they have to gather all those resources again and repeat the ritual?

And what happens if your own ritual is successfully disrupted?

Also, what if the main factions are destroyed? Guess you won't have any competition in the ritual campaign anymore. Right now, it seems to me like the easiest way to stop other factions from completing their rituals is to snipe for them from the beginning.

Interesting question. If Lothern dies early game could Teclis complete the HE rituals with his sub-faction?

Right now in terms of the Vortex the playable sub-factions seem to not play any part which is odd. You'd think Teclis might be sliiiiightly inclined to put his 2c into the Vortex race.
    81jt2dj75iky.png

• ShermanSherman Member Registered Users Posts: 911

Intervention in my opinion should cost a lot more, if gain money it's easy like in the first game, 10.000 gold are nothing.

About black ark, my hope was having a special admiral hero, with a garrison of pirates (plus the troops you recruited) in a special battle map in the black ark, that you can fight like you are in land even if you are in the sea.
  • OrkfaellerOrkfaeller Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,329
    edited August 2017
    Can Darren ( or anyone else ) confirm whether the Dark Elf Assassin is actually female or if he simply "misgendered" him.

And do we know wheather the slave mechanic is exclusive ot the Dark Elves, or if Skaven get it aswell?
  • CnConradCnConrad Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,189
    My question is about disrupting the ritual, if you actually managed to disrupt the AI, wouldn't you be in a position to conquer them?

I mean once you start the ritual you get 3+ chaos armies spawned to make life hell, then the player can buy medium high tier backup armies and so can other AI?

The Target on your back as a player is cool, but I don't see how the AI could possibly cope with this.

For example, by the high elves doing the ritual first it appears that they have lost the entire game already. The lizards are attacking chaos is attacking a mercenary Army is attacking and the player is attacking.

• TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 12,345
    Sherman said:

Intervention in my opinion should cost a lot more, if gain money it's easy like in the first game, 10.000 gold are nothing.

About black ark, my hope was having a special admiral hero, with a garrison of pirates (plus the troops you recruited) in a special battle map in the black ark, that you can fight like you are in land even if you are in the sea.

It might give the player a reason to not start the rituals in some cases( if possible) as it's risky.
    CnConrad said:

My question is about disrupting the ritual, if you actually managed to disrupt the AI, wouldn't you be in a position to conquer them?

I mean once you start the ritual you get 3+ chaos armies spawned to make life hell, then the player can buy medium high tier backup armies and so can other AI?

The Target on your back as a player is cool, but I don't see how the AI could possibly cope with this.

For example, by the high elves doing the ritual first it appears that they have lost the entire game already. The lizards are attacking chaos is attacking a mercenary Army is attacking and the player is attacking.

The HE AI has a stack in the 2 ritual cities we've seen. I'd say they're doing a reasonable job at defending it.

Both the Lizardmen half stack and DE summon stack will get crushed at Lothern.
    81jt2dj75iky.png

• EdhwenEdhwen Registered Users Posts: 392
    edited August 2017
    Wonderful!!! Beautiful the black ark!! I can't wait to play with my HE and defend Ulthuan!!! :):):)
  • ArgonArgon Senior Member ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 1,501
    What difficulty was that?
    My favorite factions in TW titles:
    Rome 1 - House of Julii
    Medieval 2 - Milan
    Empire - UK
    Napoleon - France
    Shogun 2 - Tokugawa
    Rome 2 - Macedon
    Attila - Western Roman Empire
    Warhammer - Empire (Karl Franz)
    Three kingdoms - Sun Jian
    edited August 2017
    Ludbone said:

So the Dread Knights have armored CO? I was worried 'cause the Female Dreadlord, during the campaign gameplay, has a normal CO mount without that cool-black armor.

https://us.v-cdn.net/5022456/uploads/editor/ni/121v2pxfwz9l.jpg

^ this version

We didn't get to actually see the unit model only the unit card on the campaign map, but they have 30 armour more then normal Cold One Knights so they could be riding Armoured Cold Ones.

well in the stream Darren said something about the sites he had to protect being his strongest settlements. and he only had to protect settlements of his own faction - not of morathi's or any other delf.

Yeah but was it by design that the game chose his three strongest cities or had Darren captured and fortified those cities because he knew which cities the game was going to use for the first ritual?
  • GrayserGrayser Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 314
    Damn this looks amazing, Dark elves look amazing and you guys made the slavery mechanic awesome.

Kudos to CA.
  • StrachysStrachys Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 249
    Can the Black Arks be captured or is the only option to raze them?
  • HaraddaHaradda Registered Users Posts: 46
    That all looks pretty cool. One small suggestion though, if I may. Darren paid a load of cash for an intervention force, then its actions were offscreen and he had to go back afterwards to see what it had done, rather than being able to watch the army he'd spent all that money on. Would it be possible to make it so, by default, the camera tracks the player-funded intervention armies?
  • rhinoinsomniacrhinoinsomniac Member Registered Users Posts: 951
    Katarian said:

Yeah but was it by design that the game chose his three strongest cities or had Darren captured and fortified those cities because he knew which cities the game was going to use for the first ritual?

that's a good question that i doubt will be answered until youtubers can actually play the game freely. i think it would make very little sense to have to defend predetermined sites for rituals that aren't in your faction's territory. it would be like the ritual is being performed by the other faction owning those lands instead of the player. but it could also be that certain sites are where rituals are held for each race - which would be painful given the spread out start positions of the factions - only Morathi and Malekith are close to each other

honey will catch more flies than vinegar

Team Lizardmen

Haradda said:

That all looks pretty cool. One small suggestion though, if I may. Darren paid a load of cash for an intervention force, then its actions were offscreen and he had to go back afterwards to see what it had done, rather than being able to watch the army he'd spent all that money on. Would it be possible to make it so, by default, the camera tracks the player-funded intervention armies?

He changed what the end turn tracks previously to that and had allied movement unfollowed. You will be able to customise whether you see its movements or not.
    81jt2dj75iky.png

• HisShadowBGHisShadowBG Registered Users Posts: 3,215
    edited August 2017
    Anyone else noticed that you have choice of and cam lock out of a skill chain in Malekith skill tree?Also no Armour of Midnight as item i hope he gets it's bonuses from somewhere since it gave him a lot of bonuses.

She had fought beside Aenarion in the days of her youth, killing daemons, slaughtering the enemies of her people with wild abandon. She had cast spells and brewed poisons and worked out battle strategies for his armies. She had used her gift of visions to grant the elves victories innumerable.

The so-called high elves had forgotten that now, preferring to cast her as the villain in the simple-minded morality plays they so enjoyed since her son had sundered the realm. They had no idea what it had cost to win those battles back when all thought the world was ending, or the price she had paid for victory.
  • cat59cat59 Registered Users Posts: 472
    edited August 2017

Can Darren ( or anyone else ) confirm whether the Dark Elf Assassin is actually female or if he simply "misgendered" him.

And do we know wheather the slave mechanic is exclusive ot the Dark Elves, or if Skaven get it aswell?

Well, Assassins of Khaine for the Dark Elves are all male, last I heard. They're the male dark elf babies/children thrown into Cauldrons of Blood, and those that survive get trained to become Assassins, meanwhile I assume females become the Witch Elves.

I was fine with everything up until that point, but if Khainite Assassins have female variants, I'm going to be slightly upset. Granted not as much as Age of Reckoning's male Sorceresses, but still. (Developers said it was a mistake at first, but kept the male version, 'because they looked cool,' which is highly subjective.)

Also, the Dark Elf city that was sacked looked like it had a Death Hag defending it, High Elf agents can apparently preform diplomatic missions, to possibly improve relations with targeted factions. (It says something along those lines when he's fiddling about with the end turn camera control stuff.) I don't honestly understand why you'd go for Witch Elves over the Executioners though, aside from a roleplaying standpoint, or aesthetic choice, since they have better stats in all but MA/speed.

Reaper Bolt Throwers though... 340 range...
    Ibid said:

Re: Sacrifice to Khaine. The phrase 'But once the blood is flowing from whence will it stop?' means 'But once the blood is flowing from from where will it stop?' I don't think that makes any sense as a question. I assume the writer meant meant something like, 'But once the blood is flowing, who will stop it?' or '... how can it be stopped?'

It makes sense, the writers were just being poetic.
    81jt2dj75iky.png