Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Malekith's voice in "Dark Elves Campaign Let's Play"

JellyphasJellyphas Registered Users Posts: 47
edited August 2017 in General Discussion
youtube.com/watch?v=h7e3jCd62C0&t=425s

At 6:29 to 6:41 in the video's timeline. Malekith sounds much closer to his voice in the Dark Elf reveal trailer rather than sounding like Gelt in the Destroyer Quest Video. Which is good.

Either CA is reworking Malekith's voice, or Malekith sounds more like Gelt when using his outdoor voice for speeches, and his indoor voice is much closer to the trailer.

Comments

• FrigMannaiaFrigMannaia Fagnano Olona, ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 319
    Yep i thought that too.

I suspect that is because what you've written in your second point. The tone of his voice might be lower when he's speaking normally, like in this video, and higher - becoming more similar to Gelt's - while shouting to his troops.
  • ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,101
    It is also possible that the Quest Battle footage was recorded on an earlier build, before they had a chance to apply the relevant filters.

In any case, I agree, the voice on the diplomacy screen in the let's play is much closer to the mark/expectation set by the trailer :-)

Here's hoping that's the same voice he has for the battle tomorrow :-)
  • AwesomeLionAwesomeLion Member Registered Users Posts: 1,223
    YES! The voice in the campaign video was fine. Please bring that to everything that involves Malekith!
    Total War: Warhammer <3
  • Ice_creamIce_cream Registered Users Posts: 733
    Dont seems plausible that they could change his voice lines in less than a week, so probably he just sound different depending on the situation
  • SeldkamSeldkam Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,342
    It was satisfactory in the recent campaign video I'd say. That really doesn't excuse what we have in the quest battle though.

It's entirely possible to increase the volume of a low pitched voice in some way or another so it doesn't sound like it's an octave or two higher
    The inferior races of this world will be crushed one by one, as our armies move from shore to shore, and hill to hill, and city to city-- and each of their cries will be as music to our ears, for we are the Druchii.
  • cat59cat59 Registered Users Posts: 466
    Just going to say that the Quest Battle that was shown *was* on an earlier build. I don't know if anyone said when they filmed/recorded them, or just don't remember if someone did say, but those videos were not taken the day they were uploaded, a day before, or likely even a week before. It could have been recorded 2-3 weeks before they were given permission to upload it, again, I'm not sure of the timetables at play currently, but they likely did that, *then* did the trailer, and worked on finalizing his voicelines, using a Gelt-like stand-in. (I can hope, okay?)
  • NemoxNemox Registered Users Posts: 2,872
    The effect seemed different, but as others said could be the effect was simply lost shouting. He sounds similar to Gelt but not exactly the same. The issue is in the quest battle you could only think of Gelt.

But the voice in the campaign is great and that is where we will be hearing him more. That voice plus some sassy lines to Tyrion/Teclis would be funny :P.

Poor Archaon, doomed to forever sound terrible.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,645
    cat59 said:

(I can hope, okay?)

Go to 15 seconds.

"As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • cat59cat59 Registered Users Posts: 466
    edited August 2017

cat59 said:

(I can hope, okay?)

Go to 15 seconds.

That's... quite the depressing view on life you have, if you hold that quote to be true. I really wish people would stop quoting 40k Speesh Mehrines, or at least that line, in particular.

I'm not going to be hearing much of Malekith though, probably. Gonna be running around with my Dreadlords for the most part, as I think they look really awesome, rather than gold-plated gi*p mask-man #2.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,645
    Nah that's not my view on life. Hope for the best and plan for the worst is.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • Nitros14Nitros14 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,843
    edited August 2017

That's... quite the depressing view on life you have, if you hold that quote to be true. I really wish people would stop quoting 40k Speesh Mehrines, or at least that line, in particular.

I'm not going to be hearing much of Malekith though, probably. Gonna be running around with my Dreadlords for the most part, as I think they look really awesome, rather than gold-plated gi*p mask-man #2.
    To be fair, in the Warhammer world one of the four monstrous gods of Chaos, Tzeentch, is fueled by the hopes and ambitions of mortals. So they have more reason than most to distrust hope.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,599
    I don't see what the problem with the Dark Elves' voices is? CA and GW are both British companies, yeah? So why should anyone be surprised if there are British accents? o_O