Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Why is the DLC so overpriced?

TheGherkinTheGherkin Registered Users Posts: 3
Total war: Warhammer has recently added a new DLC which introduces the wood elves to the grand campaign, which is a great idea. However, why does it cost £13.99?? It makes no sense seeing as the base game itself when i bought it cost £39.99, which means the wood elves DLC costs more than a quarter of the games original cost, for one faction!? To me this is totally not worth it and is just a scam, you are better off just playing the factions that are already in the game or wait for the new warhammer 2 to be released. So why have CA done this?
Post edited by CA_Will#2514 on

Comments

• JamoidJamoid Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 16
    The mini-campaigns are the issue. They take a fair amount of development time so add a chunk to the cost. That's why the Norsca price is so much more reasonable - no mini-campaign.

Of course, barely anyone plays the mini-campaigns so the extra cost for them (justified or not) turned out to be a pretty bad idea. However, they've made it clear that they know this, so are focusing less on mini-campaigns and more on well fleshed out, reasonably priced race DLC. Definitely a good thing.
  • TheGherkinTheGherkin Registered Users Posts: 3
    Jamoid said:

The mini-campaigns are the issue. They take a fair amount of development time so add a chunk to the cost. That's why the Norsca price is so much more reasonable - no mini-campaign.

Of course, barely anyone plays the mini-campaigns so the extra cost for them (justified or not) turned out to be a pretty bad idea. However, they've made it clear that they know this, so are focusing less on mini-campaigns and more on well fleshed out, reasonably priced race DLC. Definitely a good thing.

Yeah i guess, still feel i am better off waiting for warhammer 2 than purchasing any DLC packs for the original warhammer game.
  • NoSkill4U#6552NoSkill4U#6552 Registered Users Posts: 5,155

Jamoid said:

Yeah i guess, still feel i am better off waiting for warhammer 2 than purchasing any DLC packs for the original warhammer game.
    Will be interesting for the "historical" Total war warhammer....