Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Help me out people suggestions.

FilbyFilby Posts: 17Registered Users
Hi guys I been a huge total war fan since Rome total war the original one and Played all the way till shogun in really bad graphics so I just been watching Rome 2 Attila Warhammer on youtube and not been able to play so Finally I saved up 2,800 dollars to buy new computer just for Warhammer 2 this month any suggestion on what I should get to run everything on Ultra settings and have huge battles as well for instance like 15k plus battles on Atilla on Ultra settings. I would prefer to just spend 2,800 but if i CAN GO UP TO 3,500 any suggestions I was just planning originally to get a Alienware 51.

Comments

• Nyanko73Nyanko73 Junior Member Posts: 1,351Registered Users
    On what resolution do you plan to run the game?

Team Yennefer

"A blinding flash materialised into a transparent sphere, and inside it loomed a shape, assuming contours and shapes at frightening speed. Dandelion recognised it at once. He knew those wild, black curls and the obsidian star on a velvet ribbon. What he didn’t know and had never seen before was the face. It was a face of rage and fury, the face of the goddess of vengeance, destruction and death." - Time of contempt
  • ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Posts: 1,559Registered Users
    Build your own if you can or have a friend who can help.

If you must buy new, I personally prefer Asus RoG or MSI over Dell.

In any case, $2800 Will MORE than have you covered. An i7 processor and a 1070 nvidia gpu are all you 'need' to run Ultra. Obviously a 1080 will future-proof you a little better.

But even a 1080 in a new, prebuilt rig should only cost you $1500-$2000. $2800 is overkill for Total War Warhammer.
  • FilbyFilby Posts: 17Registered Users
    Would also be able to handle huge battles 15k plus on games like Rome 2 and Atilla with a i7 processor and 1080 nvidia geforce gtx 1080
  • FilbyFilby Posts: 17Registered Users
    @Nyanko73 2560 x 1600 if possible
  • Nyanko73Nyanko73 Junior Member Posts: 1,351Registered Users
    edited August 2017
    For this resolution, you might want to take a 1080 and a good i7 CPU with 16g of ram. You should be alright. For the GPU, I suggest MSI, they have never failed me and their gaming series cards are awesome.

https://www.msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-GTX-1080-GAMING-Z-8G.html#hero-overview

Team Yennefer

"A blinding flash materialised into a transparent sphere, and inside it loomed a shape, assuming contours and shapes at frightening speed. Dandelion recognised it at once. He knew those wild, black curls and the obsidian star on a velvet ribbon. What he didn’t know and had never seen before was the face. It was a face of rage and fury, the face of the goddess of vengeance, destruction and death." - Time of contempt
  • ZerglesZergles Member Posts: 3,011Registered Users
    Don't neglect your power supply and cooling system.

Get a step above what they say the minimum is.