Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

A controversial thread

kilijankilijan Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 475
With all the completely reasonable stat and imbalance speculation threads lately I thought I would take a moment to express a highly controversial opinion on the forum.

I would like to extend my utmost confidence to the CA Dev team and Community team that you will do a great job delivering a fine finished Warhammer 2 product that I personally am definately looking forward to playing.

If you agree please voice some sort of nice message in the thread like "Atta boy chum!".

Thanks!

Comments

• andreii707andreii707 Constanta, RomaniaRegistered Users Posts: 648
    Atta boy chum!
    "Don't leave for tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow." - Will find the author of the quote some other time.
  • mahboi1mahboi1 Member Registered Users Posts: 793
    And how, prey tell shall we get the best game that we can if we do not hold the developers to a high standard?
    Sigmar wills it!
  • DebaucheeDebauchee Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,406
    edited September 2017
    kilijan said:

With all the completely reasonable stat and imbalance speculation threads lately I thought I would take a moment to express a highly controversial opinion on the forum.

I would like to extend my utmost confidence to the CA Dev team and Community team that you will do a great job delivering a fine finished Warhammer 2 product that I personally am definately looking forward to playing.

If you agree please voice some sort of nice message in the thread like "Atta boy chum!".

Thanks!

Dude, do you even do controversial?
    Let me show you:
    CA should not add Araby, because it would be a digital blackface.
    Why are all elector counts white males?
  • ElectorCountElectorCount Registered Users Posts: 80
    Agreed! It's honestly refreshing to hear something positive. I for one am on the whole satisfied with TW Warhammer so far, and I fully believe this game will continue to meet my expectations.
  • Learn2EelLearn2Eel Registered Users Posts: 137
    That isn't controversial, that's good sentiment right there is what that is.

Total War: Warhammer 1 is my most played Total War game (possibly barring Medieval 2) and it only features two factions that I really liked on the tabletop. Given that the second entry has my two favourite factions and two other factions I appreciate right from the get-go, and seeing as CA knocked the first game out of the park without my preferred factions, you can bet that I'm on the hype train.

I've been looking forward to TWW2's release date ever since the original entry was announced :dizzy: CA won't let me down.
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,323
    mahboi1 said:

And how, prey tell shall we get the best game that we can if we do not hold the developers to a high standard?

How about actually have the information you are complaining about first? None of the stats are finalized and you have not played the HE enough to even have a valid viewpoint. I don't take 3rd party speculation as any sort of evidence. When the game comes out and you can actually test things with the actual stats, that's when those kinds of threads have any sort of use. Right now, you're complaining about things you don't have all of the information on regarding topics that have likely already changed as the stats fluctuate regularly from video to video. And that's when CA will make patches to address balancing issues, but at this point, you don't have the final stats or the experience to make any claims to imbalance.

I for one trust a company that has been doing this for 30 years over a couple of forum users who watched a couple of videos when it comes to balancing. They've been doing this for a long time. You've just been complaining for what feels like a long time.
    Later
  • GalenHHHGalenHHH Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,233
    TK are UP ...CA fix asap or i cancel pre-order!.

Is that controversial enough!?
  • ystyst Registered Users Posts: 7,172
    edited September 2017
    The games have been extremely well balanced in terms of mp. Campaign wise its just doesnt matter, legendary mode is easy af, like seriously, its ai lol....

U hear heaps of rubbish this race cant do that race etc, utter rubbish, only happens whenthey lack of skills. Any top 200 or top 10 including myself, knews this and seems like ca know this as well.

The changes on patch shows some of their understanding, not ideal but more good than harm.
    https://imgur.com/a/Cj4b9
    Top #3 Leaderboard on Warhammer Totalwar.
  • wothanwothan Registered Users Posts: 164
    Debauchee said:

kilijan said:

Thanks!

Let me show you:
    But Araby are Arabs...
  • OdTengriOdTengri Registered Users Posts: 4,253
    wothan said:

Debauchee said:

kilijan said:

Thanks!

Let me show you:
    But Araby are Arabs...
    Hes clearly trying to Blackwash History, their are other groups of people deeply victimized by colonialism, not everything done wrong by white people is tied up in the transatlantic slave trade.
    Give us Doombull, Great Bray-Shaman, Wargor, and Tuskgor Chariot.

• daelin4daelin4 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,419
    I think the purposed controversial element was making the sappy milksop butt-kissing by the OP.

In THAT case, I wouldn't say Atta boy chum! but rather meh, hundreds have done it before you grasshopper.

Debauchee's got it right though, you gotta think evil man, where do you think we'd be without the A-bomb? Gotta make posts like "Dwarfs look better with shaved beards"!

Corrected action is the most sincere form of apology.
  • DebaucheeDebauchee Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,406
    What's up with those derpy butt-ugly orks in Warhammer? Couldn't CA make them into lumbersexual studs, like in Warcraft movie?
    Debauchee said:

What's up with those derpy butt-ugly orks in Warhammer? Couldn't CA make them into lumbersexual studs, like in Warcraft movie?

That's a 60 page thread for another day my friend.
    "Don't leave for tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow." - Will find the author of the quote some other time.
  • GalenHHHGalenHHH Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,233
    Debauchee said:

What there are people that like Warcraft orks!?0_o....where is my Scarlet crusade banner when i need it...
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,055
    GalenHHH said:

Debauchee said:

What there are people that like Warcraft orks!?0_o....where is my Scarlet crusade banner when i need it...
    Where's FROSTMORUNE! I need more souls for it hungers for more!
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• BrakierBrakier Registered Users Posts: 1,528
    agreed, the ca devs needs to see some positvity also, its good to critic, but if you overwhelm a dev whit only bad news they will stop lissening as nothing they make is supported, so this is a good way to show them that we love what they have made. a person needs both struggle and love to grow.

• Combat_WombatCombat_Wombat Registered Users Posts: 4,092
    It's fine to appreciate the hard work CA does and the fun games they make but don't gloss over the mistakes.
  • RandomTagRandomTag Registered Users Posts: 1,479
    Visual A
    Campaign Design B+
    AI B-
    Music C
    Balance&Unit Design F
  • PedePede Registered Users Posts: 93
    edited September 2017
    Image removed.

Atta boy brown no.... i mean chum :)
    Post edited by dge1 on
  • kilijankilijan Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 475
    daelin4 said:

I think the purposed controversial element was making the sappy milksop butt-kissing by the OP.

In THAT case, I wouldn't say Atta boy chum! but rather meh, hundreds have done it before you grasshopper.

Debauchee's got it right though, you gotta think evil man, where do you think we'd be without the A-bomb? Gotta make posts like "Dwarfs look better with shaved beards"!

It was actually sarcasm. woo
    edited September 2017
    Image removed.

It was actually sarcasm. woo
    Post edited by dge1 on
    I am throughly triggered.

I am throughly triggered.

The Dawi Zharr... i know.
    kilijan said:

I feel like I laid on the sarcasm pretty thick here.

kilijan said:

kilijan said:

I feel like I laid on the sarcasm pretty thick here.

No such thing as laying things too thick in here.
  • SherShahSuriSherShahSuri Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,109
    I agree :) Well done CA... now give me Araby DLC, or the penguins get sacrificed to the lord of light.
  • BrakierBrakier Registered Users Posts: 1,528
    RandomTag said:

Visual A
    Campaign Design B+
    AI B-
    Music C
    Balance&Unit Design F

In a game like this, where giants fight humans, goblins fight mammoth, cavarly meets dragons, it is the unbalance wich add flavour, if you where to balance everything to the point of perfect you will get a very bland experince of very unit feeling the same. some factions are stronger, some are weaker, this isent an sport competion, this is diffrent races whit diffrent strength and weaknesses, it is the courage to make things unbalanced which makes the games races feel so diffrent. if we are to balance everything we might just have humans in every race.

• mitthrawnuruodomitthrawnuruodo Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,884
    edited September 2017
    It is hardly controversial.

We would not be expressing our concerns if we did not trust the developers to pay heed and improve things. We would have taken our money and left.

The people who pretend everything is perfect, after every release, before every patch, attempt to troll and dismiss criticism, try to get complaint threads locked, on the other hand, are treating professional developers like children in need of pampering, and are actively getting in the way of improving the game.
    Post edited by mitthrawnuruodo on
  • HarlecHarlec Registered Users Posts: 308
    Great job so far CA Team.
    Keep up the good work and thank you all.