Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War: WARHAMMER II - Lizardmen Let's Play

CA_WhelanCA_Whelan Posts: 681Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff, Community Team
edited September 2017 in General Discussion
The Greatest living Slann Mage-Priest sets out on his conquest of the New World in this Total War: WARHAMMER II Let's Play. Join Al Bickham controlling Hexoatl as he shows off some of the unique mechanics that the Lizardmen bring to the fold including the Geomantic Web and the powerful Blessed Spawnings.

Post edited by CA_Whelan on

Comments

• ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Posts: 1,926Registered Users
    edited September 2017
    First!

So, the "Blessed Spawnings" look awesome!!!!...but how will they be differentiated from Regiments of Renown? Both are basically higher quality versions of existing units with a slight reskin.

Will the Lizardmen just effectively get double the amount RoR selection once their regiments are released?

Not saying that's a problem :-) The more the merrier! I am just curious how it will work.
    Post edited by Valkaar on
  • JiraipointJiraipoint Posts: 20Registered Users
    Valkaar said:

First

You incredibly awesome person !
  • TalmoreanTalmorean Posts: 1,436Registered Users
    The hype train goes (Dinosaur Noises!)
  • UppslitarenUppslitaren Junior Member Posts: 582Registered Users
    Great stuff!

Been waiting a bit for this one. Should be a fun campaign.
  • Lord_XelosLord_Xelos Posts: 1,806Registered Users
    Second.

Sooo...
    - Lizardmen have no secondary resource? Only ritual resource? Or did I miss something?
    - Blessed units are just differently named RoR? Just to emphasize that Lizardmen don't do the "fight for money" stuff?

Also...
    - Geomantic web seems interesting. Commandmends in the game are quite powerfull and being able to double or triple their bonuses using geomantic web sounds like a good Lizardmen-specific mechanic.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 10,404Registered Users
    Talmorean said:

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN!"

CA hates the Empire confirmed. The FLC LL for the new Lord Pack is Gor-Rok. Meaning the Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. And no, moving Balthasar Gelt from Reikland, where he should be, DOES NOT COUNT. If they wanted a LL in the Southern Empire: Marius Leitdorf of Averland or maybe Elspeth von Draken in Nuln...

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?

GHAL MARAZ IS THE WEAPON OF THE SETTING! YET SOME BRETONNIAN SWORD IS MORE POTENT?! BUFF GHAL MARAZ IN SIGMAR'S NAME!
  • Grudgebearer101Grudgebearer101 Posts: 28Registered Users
    Slann Mage-Priests are summoned through those rites? That's awesome and lore friendly! Consider there are only a handfull of them in the lore.
  • GlaisrenGlaisren Posts: 16Registered Users
    edited September 2017
    At 3:45 you can see a unique resource for the Lizards, "Exotic Animals"
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 10,404Registered Users
    Glaisren said:

I think that actually might be a trade ressource
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN!"

CA hates the Empire confirmed. The FLC LL for the new Lord Pack is Gor-Rok. Meaning the Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. And no, moving Balthasar Gelt from Reikland, where he should be, DOES NOT COUNT. If they wanted a LL in the Southern Empire: Marius Leitdorf of Averland or maybe Elspeth von Draken in Nuln...

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?

GHAL MARAZ IS THE WEAPON OF THE SETTING! YET SOME BRETONNIAN SWORD IS MORE POTENT?! BUFF GHAL MARAZ IN SIGMAR'S NAME!

Glaisren said:

I think that actually might be a trade ressource
    Thanks for pointing that out, looks like it. Huh, weird, guess they don't get one then.
  • AngmirAngmir Senior Member Posts: 1,253Registered Users
    Looks great overall

But I would say their Rites look kind of week compared to Skaven / Elves.

1 Slann Summonning is ok (I hope he has at least 5 level straigh of the bat)

2. Ferocity looks way weaker than what other races got. It is basicly just +2 exp on recruitment ...

3. Third rite is the most useless one I have ever seen
    +50% ambush is compleatly redundant - as we can see later there is stance giving +50% ambush chance anyway.
    And attricion for AI controlled factions is non-existant. AI controlled army get only 1% attricion per turn !!

4. Last one might be usefull - but it feels realy expensive. I wonder if that Summoned Army will stay there for 15 turns only or it remains there efter it is over (I doubt that). Also it would be realy good if they are free of upkeep - but It is even less probable.
  • AngmirAngmir Senior Member Posts: 1,253Registered Users
    And looking at this video you can clearly see how huge the map is.

Lustria alone must be as long os the old world almost. - which is great !

It's actually pretty hard to tell, especially with the accompanying description. Oh well, guess we'll see.
  • BrakierBrakier Posts: 1,526Registered Users
    love the energy string and, well everything! cant wait to play! <3

• rad13rad13 Member Posts: 619Registered Users
    Do more high elves die in this video ?

Asking for a chaos dwarf friend...
  • ShermanSherman Member Posts: 880Registered Users

Mmm actually I expected more campaign practical effect from geomantic web, however I can accept that. I like the blessed mechanic. Some special lizard men spawn and have a special grand role in the great plan!!
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Posts: 6,770Registered Users
    Talmorean said:

And then... Science!
  • MrDarth0MrDarth0 Junior Member Posts: 225Registered Users
    Looks great and the map is just plain beautiful, but I'm getting bit worried that its going to be very easy to prevent other races from completing their rituals.

If you build stable economy, you can just keep spawning the most powerful armies every time they start their ritual.

Also, what happens if I take out Clan Mors for example? Will Clan Pestilence take over for them in the ritual and if so, will they start from the beginning or will they continue from where Clan Mors ended?
  • GalenHHHGalenHHH Junior Member Posts: 1,233Registered Users
    The sacred spawnings look effing great!!!
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 10,671Registered Users
    Glaisren said:

Well it's make sense for the Lizardmen to make more use of their 'Exotic Animals'. :)
  • CarnakCarnak Junior Member Posts: 218Registered Users
    Looks great! I can't wait.
  • NemoxNemox Posts: 2,708Registered Users
    MrDarth0 said:

Looks great and the map is just plain beautiful, but I'm getting bit worried that its going to be very easy to prevent other races from completing their rituals.

If you build stable economy, you can just keep spawning the most powerful armies every time they start their ritual.

Also, what happens if I take out Clan Mors for example? Will Clan Pestilence take over for them in the ritual and if so, will they start from the beginning or will they continue from where Clan Mors ended?

I think that mechanic is best looked at as a way for CA to address that whole "You can ignore the Vortex" to a degree. I'm fine with the narrative, and in fact, it adds a reason to play this campaign even after the combined map hits, but some still like to play at their own time. This mechanic is just that being sold as more :P.
  • SlickMongooseSlickMongoose Posts: 90Registered Users
    rad13 said:

Some swordmasters stand and watch themselves get eaten, yes.
  • gholingholin Member Posts: 1,113Registered Users
    CA, you just keep surprising us with great unique faction details. I love how unique you've made each of the race's campaign gameplay. Every time I see a new let's play I get more indecisive on who I want to play first! I cannot wait to play TWW2! This is awesome!
  • GalenHHHGalenHHH Junior Member Posts: 1,233Registered Users

rad13 said:

The fact that DE are being stomped in their own territory just flew over you right?
  • NazjaxNazjax Posts: 560Registered Users
    Hehe, lizzies !
  • SlickMongooseSlickMongoose Posts: 90Registered Users
    GalenHHH said:

rad13 said:

The fact that DE are being stomped in their own territory just flew over you right?
    He asked about High Elves.....
  • NazjaxNazjax Posts: 560Registered Users
    It's look really strange that the factions dont change the city they own. Like the dark Elven city, do you think if it's razed and rebuild with a new faction it's going to be with it's own ?
  • Grimgor_the_CAkeGrimgor_the_CAke Posts: 1,702Registered Users
  • MadmageMadmage Posts: 67Registered Users
    Nemox said:

MrDarth0 said:

I think that mechanic is best looked at as a way for CA to address that whole "You can ignore the Vortex" to a degree. I'm fine with the narrative, and in fact, it adds a reason to play this campaign even after the combined map hits, but some still like to play at their own time. This mechanic is just that being sold as more :P.
    In a previous let's play (I believe it was the Dark Elves campaign), it was stated you can only do it once per ritual. Furthermore, this video indicated that it also carries a declaration of war with all the consequences associated to that. So unless that has changed, you can't spam AI controlled intervention armies.