Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War: WARHAMMER II - Lizardmen Let's Play

Comments

• IxalmarisIxalmaris Registered Users Posts: 485
    Glaisren said:

At 3:45 you can see a unique resource for the Lizards, "Exotic Animals"

Resource or just a trade good?

Anyway, quite a detailed Lets Play. I wish every campaign overview would have been like this.
  • arcticmandalyarcticmandaly Registered Users Posts: 224
    Lizard men have there own Ror kinda ? thats so sweet.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 10,450
    Hop in the Mazda, we're going mundial domination!
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • blaatblaat Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,150
    GREAT STUFF
    I am HYPED for my FAVORITE faction
    THANKS CA <3<3<3

snip

It's much easier and more fun to get engrossed in lore that takes itself seriously and tries to make sense within its own frame of reference.

the reason I prefer LOTR over warhammer fantasy and 40k

I am dutch so if you like to have a talk in dutch shoot me a PM :)
  • endurendur Registered Users Posts: 4,056

Slann Mage-Priests are summoned through those rites? That's awesome and lore friendly! Consider there are only a handfull of them in the lore.

That will definitely keep them rare if that's the only way to get a Slann Mage-Priest.

• MattzoMattzo Member United KingdomRegistered Users Posts: 1,433
    edited September 2017
    This looks amazing. Some of the best campaign mechanics yet.

(My inner High Elf is slightly concerned that they will lack such cool mechanics, only having the basic spend influence for +/- relations, so I'm going to rewatch the HE lets play now.

Edit: I am reassured. HEs campaign still looks amazing)
    "Everything in war is simple. But the simplest thing is difficult."
  • Pr4vdaPr4vda Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,801
    Very interesting gameplay and beautiful campaign map.

I like the idea of the blessed spawning. Now I want tehenhauin leading his own skink-only faction where we could have blessed spawning of "red" skinks (forgot their name). With a sacrifice mechanic tied to him.

Dunno what will be my first playthrough however. I wanted Pestilens, but Mazdamundi seems awesome and the LM really interesting...

Team Dawis

Dawis shall purge all their fallen Karaks, with the blood of the Greeskins and the skavens !
  • ShaddShadd Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 458
    Blessed Spawned feral Carnosaurs?

Aren't they indigenous to Lustria, and don't come from spawning pools?
  • bawzzzbawzzz Registered Users Posts: 117
    So you can insta pop armies on the other side of the map?

Not sure I like this mechanic...
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 27,651
    Been looking forward to this one, LM are going to be my first playthrough, going to be good.
    bawzzz said:

I do. Makes the fight for ritual's seem rather desperate.
    Hyped for TWW3.

CA! Cathay has the most potential of any race in TWW by far. More A+ material to design a race from than any other. You can make Cathay the best race in TWW history. I bolieve in you!
  • GimblobGimblob Registered Users Posts: 192
    I wonderr what will happrn when DE get acces to 'exotic animals'
  • Reaper49Reaper49 Registered Users Posts: 754
    edited September 2017
    Mazdamoundi feels so powerful like he should be :smiley: The blessed ones seems like they are not ROR they have unique abilities only.
  • obippoobippo Member Registered Users Posts: 2,639
    bawzzz said:

yeah, doesn't make much sense tbh. spawnings should be just for saurus/skinks.
    Always be aware when a Content Refusing Troll Brigade (CRTB) representative is near. Contact your local Witch Hunter for further info.

• FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,715
    obippo said:

bawzzz said:

Honestly I like it just for the visual differences. It'd be nice if there were more skins for different monsters and units so that when you have two of a monster in your army they might look more unique.
    SiWI: "no they just hate you and I don't blame them."
  • JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 4,902
    Rare animals are just a trade-good. They are not race-specific. Makes some sense, as Lustria and the Southlands are filled with strange creatures with strange properties.

The mouth of the Qurveza river would produce it for a faction, none controlled it (or Skaven did).
  • obippoobippo Member Registered Users Posts: 2,639

obippo said:

bawzzz said:

Honestly I like it just for the visual differences. It'd be nice if there were more skins for different monsters and units so that when you have two of a monster in your army they might look more unique.
    oh yeah I totally agree, I don't care too much about lore tbh. the more variety the better. that blue carnosaur looks lovely

And those "exotic animals" are just a trade good just like barrels of ale or sacks of diamonds.
    Always be aware when a Content Refusing Troll Brigade (CRTB) representative is near. Contact your local Witch Hunter for further info.

• FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,715
    obippo said:

obippo said:

bawzzz said:

oh yeah I totally agree, I don't care too much about lore tbh. the more variety the better. that blue carnosaur looks lovely

And those "exotic animals" are just a trade good just like barrels of ale or sacks of diamonds.
    If the news tells me anything it's that you trade "exotic animals" by smuggling them in your pants on a flight. I assume it will work similarly for the Lizardmen
    SiWI: "no they just hate you and I don't blame them."
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 27,651

obippo said:

obippo said:

bawzzz said:

If the news tells me anything it's that you trade "exotic animals" by smuggling them in your pants on a flight.
    No, no, no, no, please no, oh god no!
    Hyped for TWW3.

CA! Cathay has the most potential of any race in TWW by far. More A+ material to design a race from than any other. You can make Cathay the best race in TWW history. I bolieve in you!
  • GeldorGeldor Registered Users Posts: 1,115
    This was a very informative video. Well done. It showed a bit of everything, building chaines, LL skill tree, stance, tech, rites etc. I think the only thing he missed was the faction summary screen. I really liked what he did there, well done.

Lizardman look interesting, blessed spawns will spice things up a bit.
  • ITA_Vae_VictisITA_Vae_Victis Senior Member ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 1,743
    Shadd said:

Blessed Spawned feral Carnosaurs?

Aren't they indigenous to Lustria, and don't come from spawning pools?

The Old Ones work in mysterious ways.
  • SudoKnightlyNonsenseSudoKnightlyNonsense Registered Users Posts: 1,818
    That voice, please have him do more videos! Honestly, that Dev's really good at presentation and tone: good work.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,769
    So keen to play an actually powerful magic user.
    81jt2dj75iky.png

• ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,147
    If you can see Skaven corruption... doesn't that sort of invalidate the purpose of them existing in ruins? You'll know exactly where they are.
  • az88az88 Registered Users Posts: 3,065
    Itharus said:

If you can see Skaven corruption... doesn't that sort of invalidate the purpose of them existing in ruins? You'll know exactly where they are.

Why yes, yes it does.
    Love the Geomantic Web.
  • GeldorGeldor Registered Users Posts: 1,115
    Itharus said:

That likely was a more gimmicky feature anyway. On day one someone will post all the Skven starting location.

And if you come across a lot of ruins you know why that means.

If it's a single newly acquired Sklaven city you won't know.

And you can decide to not look at Skven corruption if you want to.

Might not make such a big difference in reality.
    Geldor said:

Itharus said:

That likely was a more gimmicky feature anyway. On day one someone will post all the Skven starting location.

And if you come across a lot of ruins you know why that means.

If it's a single newly acquired Sklaven city you won't know.

And you can decide to not look at Skven corruption if you want to.

Might not make such a big difference in reality.
    An easy solution would be to have corruption only visible at a high level unless you have a hero or lord with certain traits. So by the time you notice Skaven corruption it's already too later...*add squeaky laughter here*
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,769
    Looks like the high level geomantic web buffs will allow Lizardmen to do a better job of holding down inhospitable terrain that they decide to conquer than most other races. Interesting.
    81jt2dj75iky.png

• rad13rad13 Member Registered Users Posts: 631

Looks like the high level geomantic web buffs will allow Lizardmen to do a better job of holding down inhospitable terrain that they decide to conquer than most other races. Interesting.

Makes sense as it will help them conquer other places needed to complete the web.
  • SaurianDruidSaurianDruid Registered Users Posts: 1,531
    This looks awesome! I can't wait to play as the Lizardmen. The sacred spawning is a really neat mechanic.