Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War: WARHAMMER II - Lizardmen Let's Play

Comments

• BelialxvBelialxv Senior Member SteppesRegistered Users Posts: 1,627
    I hope that those Slanns are worth getting...
    ajz9uoslnqoi.jpg

HUITZILOPOCHTLI

god of war

LIZARDMEN #makelustriagreatagain
    Clan Moulder #masterclan
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,843
    az88 said:

Geldor said:

Itharus said:

If you can see Skaven corruption... doesn't that sort of invalidate the purpose of them existing in ruins? You'll know exactly where they are.

That likely was a more gimmicky feature anyway. On day one someone will post all the Skven starting location.

And if you come across a lot of ruins you know why that means.

If it's a single newly acquired Sklaven city you won't know.

And you can decide to not look at Skven corruption if you want to.

Might not make such a big difference in reality.
    An easy solution would be to have corruption only visible at a high level unless you have a hero or lord with certain traits. So by the time you notice Skaven corruption it's already too later...*add squeaky laughter here*
    But isn't that the case anyway?

Because I though that only bigger skaven cities create skaven corruption in the first place.

Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • domitius22domitius22 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 19
    Can the AI insta spawn armies against the player too? Or is it just the player's ability?
  • AdamYahyaAdamYahya Senior Member Kuala LumpurRegistered Users Posts: 3,318

That voice, please have him do more videos! Honestly, that Dev's really good at presentation and tone: good work.

That's Al Bickham who's tha Bozz of the marketing/comunity team iirc.
  • alex33alex33 Registered Users Posts: 1,269
    Shadd said:

Blessed Spawned feral Carnosaurs?

Aren't they indigenous to Lustria, and don't come from spawning pools?

They are! They are hatched by eggs and many skinks die getting them, but there are also special hatchings of carnosaurs, Grymloq for example. I hope its just a generalization of the term in that case.
    I was affraid that ca did not really get the difference as they once said that grymloq is part of a blessed spawning instead of hatching. maybe you can use it as a broader term in this case?
  • SudoKnightlyNonsenseSudoKnightlyNonsense Registered Users Posts: 1,818
    LestaT said:

That voice, please have him do more videos! Honestly, that Dev's really good at presentation and tone: good work.

That's Al Bickham who's tha Bozz of the marketing/comunity team iirc.
    Da' Big Boss is responsible for those incredible "Introducing" beginnings? Huh, well I hope he reads this: because his work so far has been incredible.
  • hexagonalboltshexagonalbolts Registered Users Posts: 16
    I think the lizardmen look absolutely awesome.

My only minor potential concern is that having three chaos doomstacks appear from nowhere next to a crucial but unprepared settlement does not seem like much fun - I would probably groan and reload at that point to avoid spending the next 30 turns in total misery. Will AI teams also be able to spawn the intervention forces as the player was I'm this video? You could have 5-7 terrifying stacks knocking at in your back door.

Perhaps it will just make for a longer campaign with more back and forth between different forces, which I am all I'm favour of.

What do other people think?
  • Wargol5Wargol5 Registered Users Posts: 1,401
    Glaisren said:

Good Job CA, a good way to show a middle finger in front of PETA :smirk:
  • BuntaliciousBuntalicious Registered Users Posts: 15
    Hmm "blessed" carnosaur spawnings are possible, as skinks raise them from eggs, like Grymloq was hatched at the same time Kroq-gar was spawned, both were special spawnings if my memory serves me right. but that whole mechanic seems interesting to me ^^
  • ITA_Vae_VictisITA_Vae_Victis Senior Member ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 1,811

Hmm "blessed" carnosaur spawnings are possible, as skinks raise them from eggs, like Grymloq was hatched at the same time Kroq-gar was spawned, both were special spawnings if my memory serves me right. but that whole mechanic seems interesting to me ^^

This was introduced in 8th edition. In older lore, Kroq-Gar had had 11 more Carnosaurs before Grimloq was born (it is said to "have outlived his other seeds", but should still just be a normal, mortal Carnosaur).

This was introduced in 8th edition. In older lore, Kroq-Gar had had 11 more Carnosaurs before Grimloq was born (it is said to "have outlived his other seeds", but should still just be a normal, mortal Carnosaur).
    Hmm yeah, as i found it odd that lord Skrolk melted his mount with a single blow yet here we still have the mount, mhm makes sense that he had more then, but seems some stuff got retconned then?

Hmm yeah, as i found it odd that lord Skrolk melted his mount with a single blow yet here we still have the mount, mhm makes sense that he had more then, but seems some stuff got retconned then?
    It just changed out of the blue in 8th edition. No explanation is given as to how or why Grymloq would never die of old age, or if that is indeed a characteristic of all Carnosaurs (even though they are supposed to be natural creatures of the jungle, and not genetically engineered by the Old Ones):

"Kroq-Gar’s spawning coincided with the rearing of a brood of mighty Carnosaurs, and he claimed the largest and most ferocious as his own. (...) By the time the Elves enacted their Great Ritual, only Kroq-Gar and his ageless Carnosaur Grymloq remained. (...) There is no continent upon which Kroq-Gar and Grymloq have not fought, but for the last defenders o f Xhotl, the batde is not yet over."

In 7th edition there is no particular mention of any Carnosaur except for Grymloq itself, but it is state that it is the 12th Kroq-Gar ever rode into battle:

"Kroq-Gar has a particular bond with the mighty Grymloq, the twelfth Carnosaur he has ridden to battle, which has outlived his other steeds."

In 6th edition the first even Carnosaur Kroq-Gar ever rode is mentioned, even know its name is not given and is just used to suggest that he has been riding Carnosaurs since forever and that most likely the other Saurus of his spawning did the same. Grymloq is still said to be his 12th Carnosaur.

"Kroq-Gar's spawning coincided with the rearing of a brood of Carnosaurs, and he claimed the most aggressive and volatile of the Carnosaurs as his own. (...) He has a particular bond with Grymloq, the twelfth Carnosaur he has ridden to battle, which has outlived his other steeds."

So it was indeed retconned in 8th edition, and as most 8th edition retcons, it seems very hasty and not particularly well-thought-out.
    Aye from what ive seen so far alot of things got messed up, but i think GW did admit some mistakes were made? to tabletop im only known with Age of Sigmar, as i only got into that like 3 weeks ago. But yeah i think that Carnos can be blessed spawnings, but would most likely be alot rarer than say a skink or saurus blessed spawn
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 10,966
    MrDarth0 said:

Looks great and the map is just plain beautiful, but I'm getting bit worried that its going to be very easy to prevent other races from completing their rituals.

If you build stable economy, you can just keep spawning the most powerful armies every time they start their ritual.

Also, what happens if I take out Clan Mors for example? Will Clan Pestilence take over for them in the ritual and if so, will they start from the beginning or will they continue from where Clan Mors ended?

it is still costing you ten grand a pop...

And it also requires that the enemy is weak enough that even the maximum-strength intervention will actually bother them. So you'll need to take steps to keep them from getting too strong in addition to simply buying interventions...
    Gimblob said:

I wonderr what will happrn when DE get acces to 'exotic animals'

It does seem to be a trade good... however, it's possible that if the Dark Elves manage to nab Hexoatl, they can also get a building that substantially discounts Cold One units. The various other war beasts they have aren't really native to Lustria, but they could benefit from greater Cold One availability.
    Itharus said:

If you can see Skaven corruption... doesn't that sort of invalidate the purpose of them existing in ruins? You'll know exactly where they are.

I think that's actually part of the idea, and one of the downsides to skaven corruption. You don't know for certain that any given ruin is skaven-inhabited until you investigate, but if a region is heavily corrupted, it's a good bet that one of them is.

That said, it's possible that skaven corruption can also spread by other means to muddy the waters, so a small amount of corruption does not necessarily indicate a skaven settlement.
  • MrDarth0MrDarth0 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 229
    Draxynnic said:

MrDarth0 said:

Looks great and the map is just plain beautiful, but I'm getting bit worried that its going to be very easy to prevent other races from completing their rituals.

If you build stable economy, you can just keep spawning the most powerful armies every time they start their ritual.

Also, what happens if I take out Clan Mors for example? Will Clan Pestilence take over for them in the ritual and if so, will they start from the beginning or will they continue from where Clan Mors ended?

And it also requires that the enemy is weak enough that even the maximum-strength intervention will actually bother them. So you'll need to take steps to keep them from getting too strong in addition to simply buying interventions...
    Ten grand is not that much late game, but yeah, early on, during the first two rituals, it could be a tough decision.

The enemy doesn't necessarily need to be weak as long as the AI armies spawn next to an undefended city like we saw in the video. If the AI doesn't always keep at least one army around their ritual settlements, it can be quite easy to take them out. And all it takes is just one ritual settlement to be removed for the whole ritual to stop.
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 10,966
    MrDarth0 said:

Draxynnic said:

MrDarth0 said:

Ten grand is not that much late game, but yeah, early on, during the first two rituals, it could be a tough decision.

The enemy doesn't necessarily need to be weak as long as the AI armies spawn next to an undefended city like we saw in the video. If the AI doesn't always keep at least one army around their ritual settlements, it can be quite easy to take them out. And all it takes is just one ritual settlement to be removed for the whole ritual to stop.
    You're right in that ten grand may not be much in the late game, but once you get to that point, an army that can stop a "desperate intervention" might not be all that much either. Particularly if it's the final ritual - in that circumstance, a faction might be able to afford to put all of their armies in defending just those three sites and abandoning everything else.

Now, there is always the possibility that the AI would be stupid and neglect to defend its ritual sites. Hopefully it won't be too hard to persuade the AI to defend those sites, though.
  • Reaper49Reaper49 Registered Users Posts: 755
    az88 said:

Itharus said:

Why yes, yes it does.
    First of you must have no idea if skaven corruption exist as other faction so yeah is lame.
  • NEARCHOS3NEARCHOS3 Registered Users Posts: 139
    bawzzz said:

So you can insta pop armies on the other side of the map?

Not sure I like this mechanic...

Its an interesting one, as far as the AI also uses it against you, to have some hard time in the campaign.
  • NEARCHOS3NEARCHOS3 Registered Users Posts: 139

Can the AI insta spawn armies against the player too? Or is it just the player's ability?

They can, its in the DE campaign lets play, with some lizardmen trying to interupt the HE ritual. The problem is that the spawned army was pathetic and I havent seen tthe AI doing that against the human player in all the lets play until now which imo will be vary interesting and chalenging.
  • Reaper49Reaper49 Registered Users Posts: 755
    NEARCHOS said:

They can, its in the DE campaign lets play, with some lizardmen trying to interupt the HE ritual. The problem is that the spawned army was pathetic and I havent seen tthe AI doing that against the human player in all the lets play until now which imo will be vary interesting and chalenging.
    Army value the AI spawns may depend from the difficulty you play.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,401
    edited September 2017
    Intervention

So everyone can can just call an intervention army?

Isn't it like magic armies appearing out of nowhere?

What will happen to them after they disrupt enemy ritual, work for you or vanish?
    Post edited by jamreal18 on
  • GalenHHHGalenHHH Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,233
    jamreal18 said:

Intervention

They still cost resources just like regular armies.
  • ThatRabidPotatoThatRabidPotato Member Registered Users Posts: 403
    Intervention armies are a terrible idea. I get CA is trying to add some challenge and variety, but magic full stacks popping up out of nowhere are just a bad idea.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 29,799
    jamreal18 said:

Intervention

Pretty much.

Problem is without them the game would feel too isolated. You'd do your ritual, fight off chaos and that's done, now you have to fight off the competing factions, which now happily feel like they're really competing with you.

I think it'll result in a lot of good battles as you try and defend your three ritual sites.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"Under construction" - Becky, daughter of Guanyin.

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus

jamreal18 said:

Intervention

Pretty much.

Problem is without them the game would feel too isolated. You'd do your ritual, fight off chaos and that's done, now you have to fight off the competing factions, which now happily feel like they're really competing with you.

I think it'll result in a lot of good battles as you try and defend your three ritual sites.
    In the TotalBiscuit's stream that just ended he was playing and Skaven and called the middle-sized intervention army to disrupt the HE ritual, but the intervention army was completely butchered when it tried to siege the town.

They seem more like a hindrance than a "I stop your ritual" button.
  • az88az88 Registered Users Posts: 3,065

jamreal18 said:

Intervention

Pretty much.

In the TotalBiscuit's stream that just ended he was playing and Skaven and called the middle-sized intervention army to disrupt the HE ritual, but the intervention army was completely butchered when it tried to siege the town.

Anyone who has sent a Waaaaagh! army against a decent-sized city knows exactly how effective AI stacks are at siege warfare.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 29,799

jamreal18 said:

Intervention

Pretty much.

They shouldn't be a "stop ritual button", so much as a disruptive force. Only the most expensive one should stop rituals with any regularity, and the others should need to be used in conjunction with a main army to stop a ritual.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"Under construction" - Becky, daughter of Guanyin.

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus

• AdamYahyaAdamYahya Senior Member Kuala LumpurRegistered Users Posts: 3,318
    Is there a cool down period for these intervention forces?
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,401
    edited September 2017
    GalenHHH said:

jamreal18 said:

Intervention

They still cost resources just like regular armies.
    I think it's better idea if you can make a contract to allies to intervene other factions' ritual in exchange you would be obliged to respond to them if they ask help or you'll need to pay them if you don't have available army

Failure to comply, they will treat you as traitor and they will also intervene your ritual for not following the contract

-------

You can also just hire Rogue Armies to intervene enemy ritual...

------

It's better than just magic armies...
    Post edited by jamreal18 on