Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Dark Elf Let's Play; Lionheart and Pixelated Apollo

13»

Comments

• NemoxNemox Registered Users Posts: 2,872

Apollo refuse to use his banner in the all 6 hrs of streams :s

I trust your opinion on good gameplay, is it worth watching through those videos? or just waiting for CA's? (Though with how late CA's will be, probably be better playing it myself on release :P)

• GeneralConfusionGeneralConfusion Registered Users Posts: 1,009
    I like PA for some things, but not campaign gameplay and DEFINITELY not Warhammer. He doesn't really like the game that much, he hasn't bothered to learn how the game works, and it really shows in his videos.
  • HisShadowBGHisShadowBG Registered Users Posts: 2,598
    Nemox said:

Apollo refuse to use his banner in the all 6 hrs of streams :s

I trust your opinion on good gameplay, is it worth watching through those videos? or just waiting for CA's? (Though with how late CA's will be, probably be better playing it myself on release :P)

Personally i would wait for when CA plays at least they know and explain what they are doing and give you the ideas behind mechanics .This streams are just two dudes having fun playing a co-op campaign if you do decide to watch them go with Lionheart he seem a little bit more experienced with campaign map play
  • AngmirAngmir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    Ok co-op problem solved.

Morathi corruption seems to be realy hurting her faction however...
  • dreagondreagon Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,171
    It was fun to watch. Especially Lionheart doing the fighting for both of them like a boss.
    "The dog is a peasant and the cat is a gentleman." H.P. Lovecraft
  • cat59cat59 Registered Users Posts: 467

I like PA for some things, but not campaign gameplay and DEFINITELY not Warhammer. He doesn't really like the game that much, he hasn't bothered to learn how the game works, and it really shows in his videos.

Plus he was just sending Morathi into melee immediately, without casting spells quite a few times, charged cavalry Lion 'gifted' to him into spearmen a bunch, and then left them there, and also charged ranged units into melee, while they still had ammo, and were not under any form of threat.

Plus from what I've seen so far, he's *never* used any of his army abilities he had access to in a defensive siege battle, which might've actually let him successfully defend his capital when it was attacked.

I just can't help but get highly frustrated when watching him play, like when you're trying to introduce your non-gamer parent to a new video game, and they can't figure out how to even move/look around. Still, it's a decent enough font for information for me to bear with it, and everything I've seen for the DE is very encouraging to me.

No offense to him or anything, but if you don't know what you're doing, or how to do something, please don't be afraid to say it, or ask for help. Also, if he reads this, *Please* stop rotating the camera every two seconds, it nauseates me to no end, to the point that I have to actually look away from my screen to keep from getting ill. I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but you can get a good look at stuff without having to try and act like it's a Starcraft game, where you need to do everything as fast as possible, and click on stuff with wild abandon.
  • Darkened1836Darkened1836 Registered Users Posts: 260
    Angmir said:

Ok co-op problem solved.

There's no way anyone reasonably can pin this on corruption. Corruption isn't hurting her faction, complete mismanagement is hurting the faction. Also the fact that that Hydra alone costs the same upkeep as like 5 units of dreadspears lol.
  • harngersteinharngerstein Registered Users Posts: 822
    I think I might just have to run my first campaign with Morathi to replace the sad feelings this stream has created in me
  • endurendur Registered Users Posts: 3,727

Angmir said:

Ok co-op problem solved.

There's no way anyone reasonably can pin this on corruption. Corruption isn't hurting her faction, complete mismanagement is hurting the faction. Also the fact that that Hydra alone costs the same upkeep as like 5 units of dreadspears lol.
    Also, Malekith gets a 50% discount on upkeep for units in his army (lord bonus), and Morathi doesn't get a 50% discount. The discount combined with the port and gold mine and capital income bonus, meant that Malekith has about 3x the income to pay for troops compared to Morathi due to starting position and bonuses.

• Ashbery76Ashbery76 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 610
    Its actually funny how bad he was.Usually I don't expect much from tubers but he is a TW streamer and basically knew nothing about the game or even basic strategic play.

I mean you get an invite to show this game from CA and do no homework on it at all.TB might get moaned about but he learns how to play before broadcasting.
  • mw51630mw51630 Member Registered Users Posts: 1,594
    Ashbery76 said:

Its actually funny how bad he was.Usually I don't expect much from tubers but he is a TW streamer and basically knew nothing about the game or even basic strategic play.

I mean you get an invite to show this game from CA and do no homework on it at all.TB might get moaned about but he learns how to play before broadcasting.

As much as I strongly disliked PA playing (and he is clearly a terrible campaign player, all his vids are battle only), there aren't actually that many popular Total War YouTubers left.

The next most popular are probably AlextheRambler and WarriorofSparta, and the former has moved to EU4 and the latter barely posts anything anymore (last vid was Queek that everyone got).

Should've gone to Heir of Carthage, he deserves it.
  • rad13rad13 Member Registered Users Posts: 630
    Pretty sure Heir has a day job and does vids in the evening. Maybe the same for some of the others.

If I was CA I'd be looking for a commitment on content - i.e. X hours of content before launch, in return for the early access and permission to post. It may not be possible for some of the TW community team to meet those commitments.
  • krunshkrunsh Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,693
    PA is a good youtuber, just not a good Warhammer one (He doesn't actually cover warhammer 1 on his channel anymore) or a campaign one.

The coop is fun to watch, but does get frustrating a few episodes in (On both ends to be fair). PA makes all the noob mistakes that are to be expected, like not using special abilities in battles, or spending thousands of upkeep on armies that have barely even seen a battle in 30 turns.

Lionheart isn't free of "blame" though. In PA's defense, Lionheart has a few misconception that carried over to PA by teaching him, like not understanding that Chaos corruption comes from Morathi and as such does not affect her or her faction.

Similarly, Lionheart is "helping" PA by going in an sacking PA's towns rather than letting him capture them first with reinforcement. He must have forgotten that sacking a town reduces its main building lvl by 1... No wonder PA's economy went down the gutter.

either way though, they are both entertaining and fun, I'd recommend watching it.
    i5-3550 CPU @ 3.30GHz
    Geforce gtx 970
    16gb ram

Team Skaven
  • Nyanko73Nyanko73 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,351
    edited September 2017
    It's sad our first real sneak peek at Morathi gameplay is handled by someone who doesn't know much of the game. I wanted to see how her corruption was actually working. But after the first video, I haven't learnt much about it so I will pass on the rest.

Team Yennefer

"A blinding flash materialised into a transparent sphere, and inside it loomed a shape, assuming contours and shapes at frightening speed. Dandelion recognised it at once. He knew those wild, black curls and the obsidian star on a velvet ribbon. What he didn’t know and had never seen before was the face. It was a face of rage and fury, the face of the goddess of vengeance, destruction and death." - Time of contempt
  • FifthOfSpaghettiFifthOfSpaghetti Registered Users Posts: 1,630
    I like PA, in fact him and Jackie are the only guys I watch for TW. I've watched his other campaign videos and it's VERY clear he didn't even care enough to even learn what his buttons around him did. He knows how to Total War, he knows not to sacrifice archers and charge cav into spearmen, he talks about it all the time in his narrative videos. I know he's not the best, and he's often criticized in his gameplay videos for doing weird things, but after watching any of his Warhammer things, it's almost as if he's been forced to do something and he's just clicking buttons to get through it not even paying attention to what's going on...
  • ErminazErminaz Senior Member Las Vegas, Nevada, USARegistered Users Posts: 5,710
    Nyanko73 said:

It's sad our first real sneak peek at Morathi gameplay is handled by someone who doesn't know much of the game. I wanted to see how her corruption was actually working. But after the first video, I haven't learnt much about it so I will pass on the rest.

Yeah, I think I'm going to end up playing her first so that I can see everything that deals with the Chaos corruption to figure out how to mod it out, the video gave very little insight on this.
    Tacitus Quotes:
    Auferre, trucidare, rapere, falsis nominibus imperium; atque, ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant.
    They plunder, they slaughter, and they steal: this they falsely name Empire, and where they make a wasteland, they call it peace.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.
    The more numerous the laws, the more corrupt the government.

I found Rome a city of filth covered marble and left it a pile of rubble. - Me
  • DanielatarDanielatar Registered Users Posts: 31
    endur said:

Angmir said:

Ok co-op problem solved.

Also, Malekith gets a 50% discount on upkeep for units in his army (lord bonus), and Morathi doesn't get a 50% discount. The discount combined with the port and gold mine and capital income bonus, meant that Malekith has about 3x the income to pay for troops compared to Morathi due to starting position and bonuses.

Where can I find this information on upkeep reduction?

If it's true I wonder is there any reason ever to go tyrant route over war in the talents. Since some xp of his gained is shared with the lords and with that UK reduction he should be fighting wirh an elite force.
  • NobleGunnerNobleGunner Registered Users Posts: 739
    Cragsclaw said:

Good first two sessions, but sheesh! Can Lionheart shutup for a few seconds and let Apollo get a word in!

Well apollo has no clue how to play the game so what is the point of even having him speak.
  • endurendur Registered Users Posts: 3,727

endur said:

Where can I find this information on upkeep reduction?

If it's true I wonder is there any reason ever to go tyrant route over war in the talents. Since some xp of his gained is shared with the lords and with that UK reduction he should be fighting wirh an elite force.
    You can see upkeep reduction bonus on the Escapist Magazine twitch stream on dark elves. Lionheart never showed the lord bonus, but uou can also compare Lionheart's upkeep to Morathi's upkeep for their main armies.