Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Do the Phoenix Guard speak?

2»

Comments

• Galvinized_IronGalvinized_Iron Registered Users Posts: 851
    GalenHHH said:

GalenHHH said:

GalenHHH said:

Either that or they are a rip-off of the Fountain Guards from LotR...

How so!?
    Because Fountain Guards wear silk masks and don't speak. And I mean technically PH and F is even the same sound phonetically
    Are you talking about the movies?Because honestly the ammount of lore-rape in those would make even Mat ward roll his eyes.
    Think only in the movies the Fountain Guards are seen the background not mentioned or talked about just in the background being guards. Heck I even have their Games Workshop models. because I liked their appearance other then just that they were Elite.
    In the books they are still Guardians of the Citadel and those can speak...
    Well my source is the unit text from the Third Age Total War mod for M2TW. I still remember it because I thought it was a cool detail. I guess King Kong lied to me
  • GalenHHHGalenHHH Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,233

GalenHHH said:

GalenHHH said:

GalenHHH said:

How so!?
    Because Fountain Guards wear silk masks and don't speak. And I mean technically PH and F is even the same sound phonetically
    Are you talking about the movies?Because honestly the ammount of lore-rape in those would make even Mat ward roll his eyes.
    Think only in the movies the Fountain Guards are seen the background not mentioned or talked about just in the background being guards. Heck I even have their Games Workshop models. because I liked their appearance other then just that they were Elite.
    Well my source is the unit text from the Third Age Total War mod for M2TW. I still remember it because I thought it was a cool detail. I guess King Kong lied to me
    Seems he did.
  • Galvinized_IronGalvinized_Iron Registered Users Posts: 851
    edited September 2017
    GalenHHH said:

GalenHHH said:

GalenHHH said:

GalenHHH said:

How so!?
    Seems he did.
    That's it, all authority figures keep letting me down, I'm gonna go off and found some doomsday cult instead
  • Haywire30Haywire30 Registered Users Posts: 9
    In my own opinion, if a unit response is actively required, I would personally prefer they do something with drum beats. Like having a couple of slower drum beats when you click on them, a series of steady drum beats for a move order, and finally, a series of rapid drum beats when you give them an attack order.
  • GalenHHHGalenHHH Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,233
    Haywire30 said:

In my own opinion, if a unit response is actively required, I would personally prefer they do something with drum beats. Like having a couple of slower drum beats when you click on them, a series of steady drum beats for a move order, and finally, a series of rapid drum beats when you give them an attack order.

Perhaps the sound of men standing on attention?(forgive me if this is not how it is called on english!)
  • TalmoreanTalmorean Registered Users Posts: 1,436
    Fountain Guards and Citadel Guards are two different orders.

The Fountain Guard have the visible wings on their helms with white feathers. The citadel guards had wings EMBOSSED into their helms, but not actual wings.

Faramir wears a Citadel Guard helm when he gets sent by his loving father to suicide charge the Orcs.