Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

2 Days Left! Time for an All Night Lore Session!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 967
    ArchWarhammer? He doesn't even have his facts right half of the time or is just reading up pages from the Warhammer Wiki.

No thank you, I'd rather read some Armybooks myself.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,659
    Oh... i kinda like his videos, the cynism and some of his more... "coarse" descriptions of stuff are rather amusing

though I wished that Loremaster of Sotek would release Videos again
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN! TOTAL WAR TROY FOR ONE YEAR EXCLUSIVELY ON THE EPIC GAMES STORE!"

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • TheChocolateJesusTheChocolateJesus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,427
    Arch? I'd rather not listen to a guy who keeps getting stuff false regarding the lore and furthers his rhethoric as an alt-right bootlicker and/or edgelord, who thinks he is being funny.
    It's gotta be a Chocolate Jesus to keep me satisfied.
  • SherShahSuriSherShahSuri Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,109
    In all honesty... I think I'd agree with you guys about Arch, but... sadly you have to deal with what you got... and he's the only youtuber that has covered it extensively... I don't really care about the Lore being "real" cause... it's a fantasy game... they could say the teletubbies invaded the earth and birthed human kind in this world and it still wouldn't mean anything.

Loremaster of Sotek is pretty cool and OverkillTW i like too, he's got a stout voice, like a politician... except he's a gamer instead of a politician >_>
  • SherrabSherrab Registered Users Posts: 95

Arch? I'd rather not listen to a guy who keeps getting stuff false regarding the lore and furthers his rhethoric as an alt-right bootlicker and/or edgelord, who thinks he is being funny.

how is arch a alt right boot licker? ive not heard him be racist.
  • TheChocolateJesusTheChocolateJesus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,427
    Sherrab said:

He regularly makes anti semitic jokes and pushes real life politics into his videos. Especially more recent ones.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,659
    edited September 2017

Sherrab said:

He regularly makes anti semitic jokes and pushes real life politics into his videos. Especially more recent ones.
    i personaly consider it more descriminating NOT to make Jokes about certain groups (if you're doing jokes about others, including your own too)... you're singling out these groups afterall

or to quote Serdar Somuncu: every minority has the right to get descriminated

(He's a german-turkish cabaret artist and in his program he makes fun of more or less every group)

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabarett

Kabarett is the German word for the French word cabaret but has two different meanings. The first meaning is the same as in English, describing a form of entertainment featuring comedy, song, dance, and theatre (often the word "cabaret" is used in German for this as well to distinguish this form). The latter describes a kind of political satire. Unlike comedians who make fun of all kind of things, Kabarett artists (German: Kabarettisten) pride themselves as dedicated almost completely to political and social topics of more serious nature which they criticize using techniques like cynicism, sarcasm and irony.[1][2][3])
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN! TOTAL WAR TROY FOR ONE YEAR EXCLUSIVELY ON THE EPIC GAMES STORE!"

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • DreadedNorwegianDreadedNorwegian Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,177
    Been watching all these videos in anticipation of Warhamme 2. Arch is the best warhammer lore guy around, along with the inept general.
    Enig og tro til Dovre faller!
    How can Archwarhammer be a good lore guy if he frequently says things that only exist in his headcanon or are just not true? Even if we're speaking of fiction, it's still wrong.
    edited September 2017

Sherrab said:

i personaly consider it more descriminating NOT to make Jokes about certain groups (if you're doing jokes about others, including your own too)... you're singling out these groups afterall

(He's a german-turkish cabaret artist and in his program he makes fun of more or less every group)

Kabarett is the German word for the French word cabaret but has two different meanings. The first meaning is the same as in English, describing a form of entertainment featuring comedy, song, dance, and theatre (often the word "cabaret" is used in German for this as well to distinguish this form). The latter describes a kind of political satire. Unlike comedians who make fun of all kind of things, Kabarett artists (German: Kabarettisten) pride themselves as dedicated almost completely to political and social topics of more serious nature which they criticize using techniques like cynicism, sarcasm and irony.[1][2][3])
    I know who Serdar Somuncu is and I know what Kabarett is. I am German. Of course everyone deserves to get ridiculed but don't try to tell me he just doesn't make these jokes, especially "edgy" ones of course, to pander to his alt right audience. It's pretty god damn obvious it's just that and nothing else. To even use Serdar Somuncu as an argument for Arch's **** way of using satire is a joke in of itself.
    edited September 2017

Sherrab said:

I know who Serdar Somuncu is. I am German. Of course everyone deserves to get ridiculed but don't try to tell me he just doesn't make these jokes, especially "edgy" ones of course, to pander to his alt right audience. It's pretty god damn obvious it's just that and nothing else. To even use Serdar Somuncu as an argument for Arch's **** way of using satire is a joke in of itself.
    I didn't use it in defence of Arch... just in regards of my personal opinion that simply making a joke about something (unless it goes far beyond to borders of bad taste) isn't necessarily equal to being actually biased against said thing

Also iirc, Arch made a seperate channel for the politicss tuff by now and tries tokeep it out of his main channel

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • BrunelliImperoBrunelliImpero Registered Users Posts: 134
    "The lodge" when i read it i was tinking to a parody of some sort of masonic assosation. I don't know if it was intentional or not but it was funny.

Sherrab said:

I know who Serdar Somuncu is. I am German. Of course everyone deserves to get ridiculed but don't try to tell me he just doesn't make these jokes, especially "edgy" ones of course, to pander to his alt right audience. It's pretty god damn obvious it's just that and nothing else. To even use Serdar Somuncu as an argument for Arch's **** way of using satire is a joke in of itself.
    I didn't use it in defence of Arch... just in regards of my personal opinion that simply making a joke about something (unless it goes far beyond to borders of bad taste) isn't necessarily equal to being actually biased against said thing

Also iirc, Arch made a seperate channel for the politicss tuff by now and tries tokeep it out of his main channel
    Yeah he does have a seperate channel but that doesn't keep him from jamming his views into every last bit of his videos. Although that might have changed because I haven't watched one of his videos in over a month or so.
  • SnapperaSnappera Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,250
    I heard that Teclis kills Malekith.

Guess the Witch King kinda sucks when even a cripple can kill him.
    New Culture Pack - Total War Forums

Eternal Virginity: -2 provincial growth rate
    DLC Rage: 2x discontent from taxes
    PC Master Race Prices: -10% unit recruitment cost
    Inaccurate Historical Knowledge: Can recruit units from nearby factions
    Older Demographic: +25% Research Rate
  • forsythforsyth Registered Users Posts: 194

Sherrab said:

Yeah he does have a seperate channel but that doesn't keep him from jamming his views into every last bit of his videos. Although that might have changed because I haven't watched one of his videos in over a month or so.
    Arch is an acquired taste, I think he's hilarious. He is a bit alt right in his videos to be fair to @TheChocolateJesus.

I my self am a true high elf which makes centre left...
  • bronhomsbronhoms Registered Users Posts: 1,330
    erff, arch's voice

forsyth said:

Sherrab said:

Arch is an acquired taste, I think he's hilarious. He is a bit alt right in his videos to be fair to @TheChocolateJesus.

mhm... there are parts that I like... but also parts where i just think "Arch, you stupid...." (mostly when he brings up politics... makes politic claims seemingly without any actual idea, or when he, for example, bitches about CA or so about stuff that already had been explained... especially when it's nothing in the way he fears it to be)

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
    His (ArchWarhammer's) video about the Vortex Campaign map was an utter cringe-fest with 0 research. He even thought the Blue Serpent Savage Orcs were probably Amazons and that Karak Zorn was demon-infested. He also knew nothing about Sudenburg (calling them a possible Araby-faction) or the Wood Elves in the Southlands.

He gets money for this.
  • CaptainSensibleCaptainSensible Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 105
    forsyth said:

Even if you discount his cringeworthy political **** there's still the fact that he's really just not very informed about the lore. He once actually said that GW doesn't retcon anything...

JungleElf said:

His (ArchWarhammer's) video about the Vortex Campaign map was an utter cringe-fest with 0 research. He even thought the Blue Serpent Savage Orcs were probably Amazons and that Karak Zorn was demon-infested. He also knew nothing about Sudenburg (calling them a possible Araby-faction) or the Wood Elves in the Southlands.

He gets money for this.

tbf, iirc the Wood Elvesi n the Southlands afaik are an ancient snippet of lore

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • forsythforsyth Registered Users Posts: 194

forsyth said:

Even if you discount his cringeworthy political **** there's still the fact that he's really just not very informed about the lore. He once actually said that GW doesn't retcon anything...

HA really. Dam i don't know much about the lore then because that's where i got all my info lol. Was a 40k player back in the day so didn't know a lot about fantasy. that's not good. Any good lore vids you can recommend?
    edited September 2017

JungleElf said:

He gets money for this.

tbf, iirc the Wood Elvesi n the Southlands afaik are an ancient snippet of lore
    But he could have known the other things. I'm also of the opinion that research (no matter if it's fiction or non-fiction) is important if you're making money out of your videos.
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 13,959
    Arch is often ill informed and he tells you this ill informed information in such a condescending way that it makes you wonder if you are an idiot for actually believing something different from him.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
    He's also nowhere to be found in his comment-sections and thus never seems to learn from his mistakes, even if some really constructive criticism or other sources are given.
    JungleElf said:

He's also nowhere to be found in his comment-sections and thus never seems to learn from his mistakes, even if some really constructive criticism or other sources are given.

I think I've seen him a few times in the comments

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • IzzyStradlinIzzyStradlin Senior Member Karaz BrynRegistered Users Posts: 11,174

Oh... i kinda like his videos, the cynism and some of his more... "coarse" descriptions of stuff are rather amusing

though I wished that Loremaster of Sotek would release Videos again

Got one in the works currently. No spoilers, though. :p
    "Raise them, Necromancer. Set brother against brother. Let's give our hosts something worthy of recording in their pathetic book of complaints, shall we?"
    The Queen of Mysteries, on the Book of Grudges.

Her voice was as rustling silk. "In the darkness I dreamt of you, cousin."
    "Hawk no longer. My wings are dust and bone. I crawl through time now, like an asp."
    "You took my wings, Neferata. You made me crawl. Now I return the favour. Crawl, cousin. Crawl."

Team Elize von Carstein

Warhammer Lore, by Sotek!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH4nPsl2ctS365aEfFBwxbg

For ease of memory, if we're not talking about cavalry, everything the High Elves have is better than everything the Dark Elves have.

Izzy's More-Loreful Stats Mod

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1279441247&searchtext=
  • SherShahSuriSherShahSuri Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,109
    edited September 2017
    I think you guys are putting too much stock into this... if you don't like him... fine... recommend someone different or move on. The lore fanatics of this inconsistent, laughable universe give too much credit to this world. As for Archwarhammer, he is extremely biased (no surprise... rat lovers tend to be biased...) but I think overkillTW is the only other Youtuber that has covered the Warhammer Races... and mostly it's just speculation.
  • DragantisDragantis PolandRegistered Users Posts: 217
    In mean time for lizardmen players i would recomend to watch Jurassic Park.
    Blood for the Blood God!
    Among men, Lu Bu. Among horses, Red Hare.
  • TeNoSkillTeNoSkill Registered Users Posts: 2,873

forsyth said:

In one of his lorevideos?They must be really old then.
    Also his comparisons to real life are quiet fitting ( Gnoblars really fit the cliche jew) and make the warhammer world more accessable.
    Like his introduction for Tyrion and Teclis.
    Really enjoyable commedy : D
  • BrakierBrakier Registered Users Posts: 1,528
    edited September 2017

In all honesty... I think I'd agree with you guys about Arch, but... sadly you have to deal with what you got... and he's the only youtuber that has covered it extensively... I don't really care about the Lore being "real" cause... it's a fantasy game... they could say the teletubbies invaded the earth and birthed human kind in this world and it still wouldn't mean anything.

Loremaster of Sotek is pretty cool and OverkillTW i like too, he's got a stout voice, like a politician... except he's a gamer instead of a politician >_>

inconsistencies makes it hard for people to suspend thier disbelief and hard for them to maintain immersion, it can create lore breaking problems further down the line, you need to keep it consistencies whit the rules of the fantasy world that has been put down, so no, teletubies would hurt warhammer quite alot.