Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Porthole models have very low res textures

PopoePopoe Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 5
Anyone else have this bug? My settings are on high and i don't see a reason for them to look this ugly. This only seem to happen on the campaign aswell, they look fine in battle

Comments

• Komrad_MaxKomrad_Max Registered Users Posts: 6
    edited September 2017
    I have the same problem in company and battle
  • BrakierBrakier Registered Users Posts: 1,756
  • Hero_0f_WarHero_0f_War Registered Users Posts: 6
    FXAA doesn't have anything to do with textures and it just makes everything more blurry
  • CA_HamishCA_Hamish Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, SEGA Posts: 131
    Hi @Popoe,

Thank you for raising this issue and providing the information above.

Increasing the "Texture Quality" from High to Ultra will improve the textures shown in the portholes. However looking at your DXDiag, your graphics card has 2GB which is below the require 4GB for Ultra Texture Quality, which therefore is not recommended. However, you can still select Ultra Texture quality and enable Unlimited video memory to overrule the downgrading if the VRAM gets overloaded.

I hope this helps

Thank you :)

CA_Hamish
  • BrakierBrakier Registered Users Posts: 1,756

FXAA doesn't have anything to do with textures and it just makes everything more blurry

it might, but i rather have some blurry then sharp edges. also fxaa is very preformance friendly way to handle anti antianalising, the 2x 4 x 8 x are immensly preformance heavy as they render the screen that extra amount of time, so for example 8x renders the same screen 8 times, s yo can understand why that is immensly performance heavy. i never use the old way of anti analsing in any game as its just eat up so much of the gpus capacity.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file