Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Lore friendly tyrion army

AkhalilAkhalil Posts: 3Registered Users
I just started my HE campaign on legendary and I really only enjoy playing this game if I know my army is lore friendly, I don't know why it just makes it more immersing for me. Unfortunately I'm only a little knowledgeable about the overwhelming amount of lore for total war warhammer and I just recently started reading the end times novels (archeon accepted his role and is now trying to get his first relic from a dark elf fortress) please don't turn this thread into an "end times sucks" thread.

My current idea for this army is:
Tyrion
4 spears
3 pheonix guard
4 archers
1 eagle claw bolt thrower
4 silver helms
2 dragon princes
1 flame pheonix

I might've gotten some unit names wrong.

Also thinking of removing 1 or 2 silver helms for a loremaster or a loremaster and a mage

Let me know if I should remove anything that isn't lore friendly or if I should add anything

Comments

• IchonIchon Senior Member Posts: 4,790Registered Users
    edited October 2017
    Tyrion is only a Prince and not the Phoenix King so having more than 1 unit of Phoenix Guard is probably not very lorefull.

The Phoenix Guard serve the Phoenix King directly and their only other duty is guarding the Temple of Asuryan. They are sometimes sent to serve the Phoenix King's interests outside Lothern but pretty rarely- more often seen guarding areas that Phoenix King visits around Ulthuan. Ideal for a home defence/anti intervention army but shouldn't be used as expeditionary force very often- maybe only in an invasion of Naggaroth.

Swordmasters of Hoeth are more often seen outside Ulthuan as they enjoy testing their prowess and training and have much more freedom to intervene in matters the Phoenix King has little interest in.

Spearmen are staple of High Elven armies so definitely a few of those, backed by Archers but these are usually conscripts so might not be the first choice for offensive armies though likely present due to availability.

Lothern Guard are fairly numerous and seen outside of Ulthuan very frequently as they travel with all High Elven fleets.

Eagleclaw bolt throwers are very common while Ellyrian Reavers and Silver Helms should probably be equally represented.

Phoenix are incredibly rare- probably Phoenix are a bit more rare than Dragons if those big lizards weren't mostly asleep.

Dragon Princes are mostly the best of the Princes of Caledor- not very numerous but still seen relatively often where there are important matters at stake for the High Elves or a chance to punish the Druchii. Probably only a single unit in most armies but fighting in defence of Ulthuan or invading Naggaroth it makes sense to have a couple.

Ulthuan army;

Noble
    Mage
    2 Phoenix Guard
    4 Spearmen
    4 Archers
    2 Silver Helms
    2 Ellyrian Reavers
    1 Dragon Prince
    1 Phoenix/Dragon
    2 Eagleclaw

Naggaroth invasion army;

Lord
    Mage/Loremaster
    1 Phoenix Guard
    4 Swordmasters of Hoeth
    3 Spearmen
    3 Archers
    2 Lothern Seaguard
    1 Silverhelm
    1 Ellyrian Reaver
    2 Dragon Princes
    1 Eagleclaw

Expeditionary army;

Lord
    Mage/Loremaster
    5 Swordmasters of Hoeth
    5 Lothern Seaguard
    2 Spearmen
    2 Archers
    1 Ellyrian Reaver
    1 Silverhelm
    2 Eagleclaw
    YouTube, it takes over your mind and guides you to strange places like tutorials on how to talk to a giraffe.
  • AkhalilAkhalil Posts: 3Registered Users
    Thanks! I read that the pheonix guard can be used to carry out the pheonix kings wishes but I didn't know how rarely it was, and also what about the white lions of chrace?
  • AkhalilAkhalil Posts: 3Registered Users
    I think I'm going to leave tyrion at ulthuan basically the whole game if I can with a few invasions of naggaroth if I need money or need to take out their resources as legendary enemies can get too crazy when they have too many resources
  • IchonIchon Senior Member Posts: 4,790Registered Users
    edited October 2017
    Akhalil said:

Thanks! I read that the pheonix guard can be used to carry out the pheonix kings wishes but I didn't know how rarely it was, and also what about the white lions of chrace?

White Lions are fairly rare though the lore does talk about 'regiments' but they are sort of a general purpose bodyguard unit- most desire to serve the Phoenix king but since he already has the Phoenix Guard they are frequently used to defend generals and mages who have favor with the Phoenix King and various settlements of Ulthuan.

In game they tend to die quickly and in my opinion both Lothern Seaguard and Silverhelms are more useful despite not being anti armor units.

Would make sense in Tyrion or Teclis own armies as they are in favor with the current Phoenix King and in defence of Ulthuan armies. Swordsmasters of Hoeth and Phoenix Guard are both quite a bit better units but you'll notice lots of White Lions in the High Elves garrisons. I'd mostly leave them there or use as interim units until you can get more Swordmasters or Silverhelms.

Edit- also Chariots, High Elves are very well known for Chariots and they actually have pretty good ones. They are easies to use/make the biggest difference in early campaign and when you aren't fighting Cold One Knights/Horned Ones so basically vs other High Elves and Skaven.
    Post edited by Ichon on
    YouTube, it takes over your mind and guides you to strange places like tutorials on how to talk to a giraffe.
  • FranzSaxonFranzSaxon Posts: 2,357Registered Users
    All good responses. I second the response about P.G. usually just being defensive regiments. Very rarely do they invade. The backbone of high elf armies in the wars theyve fought are many times just large numbers of spearmen supported by the elites, but this is boring I plan to immerse myself a little more creatively ;) Like in TTW1 I often use dismounted reiksguard from a mod even though the backbone of the empires infantry is their regular regimental halberdiers and spearmen.
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Posts: 7,925Registered Users
    In the game its clear that Tyrion is acting as phoenix king or is the avidsor the phoenix king follows every time.

You tell the king (as Tyrion) who to dance with. If he should scold caledor. In private or in public etc etc

Tyrion is leading Lothern (the Phoenix kings home). You can have lots of 9hoenix guard.

But id say alot of Lothern seaguard+a few phoenix guard. Anything reqlly but limit of 1 dragon to be loreful

And the more armies youhsve the more spearmen or lothern guard.
    Read all my replies as if we are having a pint and a good old time. I will always read your reply like that.
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Posts: 7,925Registered Users
    edited October 2017
    Tyrion seems pretty power hungry ingame. Or if alternatively very aggressive yet 100% loyalty between him and the phoenix king.

(Both are loreful, CA did a grest job, intrigue at court etc)
    Read all my replies as if we are having a pint and a good old time. I will always read your reply like that.