Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Tomb Princess

13»

Comments

• uriakuriak Posts: 3,421Registered Users
    Do you think we'll get liche high priests? The latest trend of avoiding heroes being the lesser version of a lord could lead to TK (or maybe queens) only. with an array of caster heroes (priests, necrotechts...)

In this case an hybrid version of the king (with bow) could make a bit of sense. But that would be stepping away from the raw TT rules,, even if for a chariot mounted lord it's not a silly idea.

They will be a very interesting faction visually, with stunning battle maps too. I dunno how they currently look, I'm waiting for B&G before doing a campaign, - hence why I'm doing artworks instead :)
  • wingren013wingren013 Posts: 873Registered Users
    edited October 2017
    uriak said:

Do you think we'll get liche high priests? The latest trend of avoiding heroes being the lesser version of a lord could lead to TK (or maybe queens) only. with an array of caster heroes (priests, necrotechts...)

In this case an hybrid version of the king (with bow) could make a bit of sense. But that would be stepping away from the raw TT rules,, even if for a chariot mounted lord it's not a silly idea.

They will be a very interesting faction visually, with stunning battle maps too. I dunno how they currently look, I'm waiting for B&G before doing a campaign, - hence why I'm doing artworks instead :)

I don't see why not. TK onky have two Lord choices ubless they decide to split the Tomb King into anti infantry and anti large versions or something and Liche High Priests do have an ability that could distinguish them from normal Liche Priests. On TT your Hierophant, aka a lord level Lore of Nehekara caster of your choice, granted 5+ regeneration to all models in the same unit. In TW that could be done as a constant aoe heal around the Liche Priest which would be nice as the Lore of Nehekara should lack any healing outside of its lore attribute passive unless CA decides to add a small amount of healing to all its augments to emulate how it functioned on the TT.
  • uriakuriak Posts: 3,421Registered Users
    The TK will need a hero level caster of the lore of Nehekara. So CA would have to be pretty sure the high priests have a pretty different skillset than their lesser counterpart to be relevant, and avoid the controversy of necromancers/high necromancers.

I feel this is the reason behind the design of the TW2 race so far. Caster lords if they exist don't have the same skills, nor even the same spell selection as the heroes.

On the Tomb King themselves, having two profiles could be interesting.
  • boyfightsboyfights Junior Member Posts: 4,023Registered Users
    Cool picture uriak :)

Lol at the usual gender/realism arguments though. Clearly the strength of a female skeleton is dependent on its age, if the skeleton was postmenopausal then it's weaker than a male's and if not it's stronger, geeeeeeez guys read a book
    boyfights you are always here to confirmate every spark of originality
    or reason burns or acid bruises anyone,
    stop your gladiator love for agressions.
  • SherShahSuriSherShahSuri Junior Member Posts: 1,109Registered Users
    That is a pretty bad ass picture. I hope they do the Tomb Kings really well... I'm a little worried since they are apparently a very chariot-esque army... and chariots in this game don't seem to know how to chariot well. They are supposed to break through the line, mincing and stabbing units as they pass through them and move past them. Then come back for another round.

Sadly TW chariots just... smash in... and stay fighting -.-"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file