Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Araby maybe confirmed

AantJackAantJack Posts: 59Registered Users
The regions of araby are currently owned by various brettonia States

Minute ~2

Comments

• PoorManatee6197PoorManatee6197 Posts: 31Registered Users
    Didn't this be discussed a long time ago?
  • baronblackbaronblack Posts: 697Registered Users
    Even TK are regarded the same in same video :D
  • ShermanSherman Member Posts: 595Registered Users
    AantJack said:

Minute ~2

MAYBE and CONFIRMED
  • SherShahSuriSherShahSuri Junior Member Posts: 696Registered Users
    Arabyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!! yeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh I really hope so! Go Go CA!!!!! YOU DA BEST!
  • Fausto_GervasoniFausto_Gervasoni Posts: 26Registered Users
    No araby isn't confirmed and it won't certainly come in game. Please stop having all those expectations.
  • jiffsterjiffster Posts: 22Registered Users
    I figure if norsca can make it ( in spectacular fashion no less) there's no reason Araby can't. Especially given such a large part of the map would be theirs.
  • NeoYasNeoYas Posts: 133Registered Users
    edited October 16
    No doubt we will see Araby, in Mortal Empires campaign Bretonnia already has Its own territory, and to give them south lands as well would be too much, unless they want Bretonnia to be an empire, which is very unlikely, if they are there It's only temporary as place holders.
    Post edited by NeoYas on

• NeoYasNeoYas Posts: 133Registered Users
    edited October 16
    Now the question is; who will be first, Araby or Tomb Kings? Because I see they insist on araby with those hints, It's the second time they say 'currently', which can not be coincidence.
    Post edited by NeoYas on

• ArthasmenethrilArthasmenethril Senior Member Posts: 1,903Registered Users
    MrJade said:

No araby isn't confirmed and it won't certainly come in game. Please stop having all those expectations.

Araby is coming. They'll certainly be in the game. All super blobness and all.
    lead by you I presume? As their Sultan. :D
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• Nitros14Nitros14 Junior Member Posts: 837Registered Users
    If it's MAYBE it can't be confirmed! That's not how these words work!
  • AantJackAantJack Posts: 59Registered Users
    Sorry I was just excited
  • BeardedragonBeardedragon Member Posts: 510Registered Users
    AantJack said:

Minute ~2

something is either confirmed or not.

theres no such thing as maybe confirmed.

and no its not confirmed.
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 4,880Registered Users
    NeoYas said:

No doubt we will see Araby, in Mortal Empires campaign Bretonnia already have Its own territory, and to give them south lands as well would be too much, unless they want Bretonnia to be an empire, which is very unlikely, if they are there It's only temporary as place holders.

The Crusaders are not the same Bretonnian Sub-Factions as the other Bretonnian Sub-Factions.
    Tayvar said:

NeoYas said:

No doubt we will see Araby, in Mortal Empires campaign Bretonnia already have Its own territory, and to give them south lands as well would be too much, unless they want Bretonnia to be an empire, which is very unlikely, if they are there It's only temporary as place holders.

The Crusaders are not the same Bretonnian Sub-Factions as the other Bretonnian Sub-Factions.
    What? They are stated as Bretonnian Kingdoms even in diplomacy and game files. At least the first one is the exact translation from italian.
    It's just like Sudenburg became TEB instead of Imperial, making WH2 a Warhammer game with 0 Sigmar presence :P

Tayvar said:

NeoYas said:

What? They are stated as Bretonnian Kingdoms even in diplomacy and game files. At least the first one is the exact translation from italian.
    It's just like Sudenburg became TEB instead of Imperial, making WH2 a Warhammer game with 0 Sigmar presence :P
    I mean it's not the exactly the same Bretonnian sub-factions that are in the old world, but they still can confederate, unlike Sudenburg that CA for some reason tagged as southern realm.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 5,537Registered Users
    edited October 16

HERESY!

Every wrong is recorded! Every slight against us! Page after Page, etched in blood! Clan Gunnison! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef

Yes! to Boris Todbringer as playable, subfaction leading Legendary Lord with Starting Position Middenheim instead for the Empire! NO to the lazy way of moving Gelt and Volkmar who both belong to Reikland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?
  • TheGhostOfProman16TheGhostOfProman16 Senior Member Posts: 1,580Registered Users
    edited October 16
    Besides Tomb Kings what other race packs can the New World get? Araby, Zombie Pirates and Dogs of War are the only potential ones I can think of. I think it's a safe bet we'll see Araby eventually
    Died during the great YOYO wars
  • MorkMork Posts: 124Registered Users
    edited October 16
    Araby is owned by bretonian crusaders, and therefore Araby is confirmed?

How is that?

But ok.

Well, they could be a placeholder, just like the units of Kislev, Tilea, Estalia and the border princes in game 1, which all got replaced , NOT!
    Just how many threads with speculations regarding this did we have?

Araby was a fully playable Warmaster force. Never in Warhammer as much as I know.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warmaster

Now, some Warmaster army lists look a lot like the Roster you get in Total War Warhammer. Actually, just checked it. All the units in Warmaster are also included in Total War, also regarding Skaven, High Elves, Dark Elves etc.

Warmaster also includes the tomb kings.

You can check it yourself, just google " Warmaster army book"

So,
    Araby might make an appearance, but, as much as I know, there never was a Warhammer army list for Araby. So, maybe not

My guess is that both Araby and Tomb kings will eventually make an appearance, but I would certainly not go as far as to scream "confirmed!" Especially regarding Araby. Tomb kings have a much better chance, having an official 8th edition army list for Warhammer.

CA said they want to include all official army lists once the game is complete.
    We miss Tomb Kings, Ogres, Daemons of Chaos
    Everything else is optional.

But, Norsca made it too, so who knows?
    NeoYas said:

Now the question is; who will be first, Araby or Tomb Kings? Because I see they insist on Araby with those hints, It the second time they say 'currently', which can not be coincidence.

Likely the Tomb Kings, because they are much more official, just like Norsca who was fleshed out last. The 'currently' hint was already used in other video, but now they added to the mentioning that Bretonnian take attrition in the desert, but there are those who are adapt to it.
  • Mohawk_RoshiMohawk_Roshi Posts: 1,649Registered Users
    Tayvar said:

Tayvar said:

NeoYas said:

I mean it's not the exactly the same Bretonnian sub-factions that are in the old world, but they still can confederate, unlike Sudenburg that CA for some reason tagged as southern realm.
    That's actually interesting that Sudenburgh is a Southern Realm it could actually stand because it's so far removed from Empire Proper that it's people have developed different culture and tactics for dealing with an enemies that the Empire. Kind of like the Border Princes who make up primarily of Empire outcasts but lack standardization .
    A WIZARD SHOULD KNOW BETTER!
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 6,512Registered Users
    To be honest, I had a similar thought. Not because they said that Araby was currently occupied by Crusader states but rather because a couple moments after that they said that Tomb King lands were currently occupied by Vampire Counts. They said it precisely the same way. And we know that the Tomb Kings are going to show up eventually.

It doesn't "confirm" anything, but it is a new bit of evidence, which is nice.
  • andreii707andreii707 Constanta, RomaniaPosts: 423Registered Users

something is either confirmed or not.

theres no such thing as maybe confirmed.

and no its not confirmed.

You could argue that the possibility of it being confirmed is confirmed.

"Don't leave for tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow." - Will find the author of the quote some other time.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 5,537Registered Users
    edited October 16

Tayvar said:

Tayvar said:

NeoYas said:

That's actually interesting that Sudenburgh is a Southern Realm it could actually stand because it's so far removed from Empire Proper that it's people have developed different culture and tactics for dealing with an enemies that the Empire. Kind of like the Border Princes who make up primarily of Empire outcasts but lack standardization .
    The Border Princes are outcasts from Bretonnia, the Empire, Tilea, Estalia... atleast one Vampire... Sudenburg is still an official Empire Colony
    Every wrong is recorded! Every slight against us! Page after Page, etched in blood! Clan Gunnison! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef

Yes! to Boris Todbringer as playable, subfaction leading Legendary Lord with Starting Position Middenheim instead for the Empire! NO to the lazy way of moving Gelt and Volkmar who both belong to Reikland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?
  • JungleElfJungleElf Posts: 601Registered Users
    The 'currently' really seemed to be done on purpose, yeah. The same about Tomb Kings.

Really excited what the future will hold!
    Canuovea said:

To be honest, I had a similar thought. Not because they said that Araby was currently occupied by Crusader states but rather because a couple moments after that they said that Tomb King lands were currently occupied by Vampire Counts. They said it precisely the same way. And we know that the Tomb Kings are going to show up eventually.

It doesn't "confirm" anything, but it is a new bit of evidence, which is nice.

Also they gave Araby much more screen time and focus then to any other minor faction's place.
  • HondlisHondlis Junior Member Posts: 331Registered Users
    maybe confirmed? Dude you are on totally new level of "confirmed" meme story.
  • BrakierBrakier Posts: 1,114Registered Users
    Araby might be the preorder for game 3, in the same style norsca was for game 2.

nosca is for game 1 and me
    araby for game 2 and me
    The meme is the Word "Currently" since the first Campaign Video this summer.

I Will name my first Arabyan Regiment "Currently Bretonnian"
  • BrakierBrakier Posts: 1,114Registered Users
    JungleElf said:

The 'currently' really seemed to be done on purpose, yeah. The same about Tomb Kings.

Really excited what the future will hold!

yeea there is no reason for them to say currently if they dont wanna hint of them changing.