Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

3rd/4th Lords for the TW WH2 races

Adder007USAAdder007USA Posts: 64Registered Users
We know it's on the roadmap as either DLC or FLC. Haven't seen any threads regarding this, so lets begin the guesswork/predictions

Possibilities for each race (though in the tabletop there were more than just these). Discuss likelyhood of each

Lizardmen:

Lord Kroak (Mummified First generation Slann)
Tetto'eko (Skink priest, my bet is on this one since we don't have a legendary skink yet )
Nakai (Legendary Kroxigor)

Skaven:

Grey Seer Thanquol (My bet is on this one as significant as he is in the books)
Ikkit Claw (Legendary warlock engineer)
Thrott the unclean (Mutator of rat ogres and hellpit aboms)

High Elves:

Allarielle the Everqueen (Light and Life magic, My bet is on this one)
Aleth Anar of Nagarythe (Ranged weapon Lord)
Eltharion of Yvresse (Fast attack)

Dark Elves:

Crone Hellebron (Witch elf Lord)
Malus Darkblade (Of book fame, Pure melee combatant)
Lokhir Fellheard (Corsair Lord)

Toss up honestly, between the above three in my opinion, since the dark elves currently lack a pure combat legendary lord.

Thoughts anyone?

Comments

• Lord_XelosLord_Xelos Posts: 1,531Registered Users
    I'm quite sure it'e the upteenth topic about exactly same thing.

I remember general consensus about Lizardmen was Tehenhuain + Kroak for first two. For High Elves people were undecided although Alarielle and Imrik popped up most times I think. For Skaven You are basically right, except for maybe Thrott. I think noone mentioned him, instead there was Deathmaster Sniktch mentioned. For DE You're right on spot, although exact order might vary...

That's all I remember, enjoy theorycrafting, have fun, etc.
  • BrakierBrakier Posts: 1,114Registered Users
    Ikkit Claw has been made a miniatour i think, so its probly coming soon.
  • TalmoreanTalmorean Posts: 787Registered Users
    Lizardmen
    Prophet of Sotek
    Gor-Rok the Great White Lizard.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 247Registered Users
    edited October 17
    LM: Prophet of sotek for DLC, FLC; either kroak or Got-Rok, perhaps both, who knows!

Skaven: Thanquol definitely, but it would be very him to spread a certain rumour that he isn't the FLC lord... despite his being a good fit for Skavenblight in ME. If he is DLC, will be Ikkit or the Moulder guy for FLC, perhaps Moulder - to take residence in Hell Pit (Would prefer Ikkit though)
    There is no such character as "Prophet of Sotek", it's only a general title that Tehenhuain sometimes uses. Anyway, You can only pick from what exists:
    - Kroak,
    - Mazdamundi,
    - Kroq-Gar,
    - Chakax,
    - Gor-Rok,
    - Tehenhuain,
    - Tetto-Eko,
    - Tiktaq'To,
    - Oxyotl.
  • wingren013wingren013 Posts: 700Registered Users
    edited October 17
    Dark Elves:

Malus Darkblade
    Crone Hellebron

High Elves:

Ailith Anar
    Allarielle the Everqueen

Lizardmen:

Tehenehuain
    Lord Kroak

Skaven:

Grey Seer Thanquol
    Ikit Claw
  • TRexTRex Posts: 202Registered Users
    Where the hell is Ariel?
  • MooncakeMooncake Posts: 441Registered Users

Dark Elves:

Malus Darkblade
    Crone Hellebron

High Elves:

Ailith Anar
    Allarielle the Everqueen

Lizardmen:

Tehenehuain
    Lord Kroak

Skaven:

Grey Seer Thanquol
    Ikit Claw

I would like to see this, except Fellheart instead of Malus.
    Mooncake said:

Dark Elves:

Malus Darkblade
    Crone Hellebron

High Elves:

Ailith Anar
    Allarielle the Everqueen

Lizardmen:

Tehenehuain
    Lord Kroak

Skaven:

Grey Seer Thanquol
    Ikit Claw

I would like to see this, except Fellheart instead of Malus.
    And I'd like to see Eltharion instead of the Everqueen.
    TRex said:

Where the hell is Ariel?

Good question. She belongs in Wood Elves faction though and this topic is about WH2 factions, so that might be the reason noone mentions her.

Still doesn't change the fact, that having Ariel "Butterfly" for Wood Elves is a must. Without her this faction will never feel complete. She is the only real Wood Elven leader. Orion is just a mutated chosen of the forest who doesn't fit kingship, while Durthu is just plain insane and fit only in mental asylum for plants. So far Wood Elves have literally noone to lead them really...
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Posts: 2,078Registered Users
    Personally, I'd like to see Imrik, for three reasons:

First, the line of Caledor is one of the most significant in Elven history, alongside (albeit slightly behind) that of Aenarion and the Everqueens. It deserves representation.

Second, with the High Elves being billed as the dragon-focused faction, it really should have a dragon-oriented LL.

Third, the 8E fluff about Imrik raising the Caledorians to fight both across Ulthuan and overseas gives a good excuse justification to give Imrik a starting position away from Ulthuan.
    Ariel has locked herself in the Oak of Ages in the 8th Edition lore. She doesn't come out until the ET, and CA has stated they aren't using that.

Yes I know this is a cop out but it makes sense as to why she's not around.

I'd take the Naestra and Arahan in her place....
  • Carl_BarCarl_Bar Posts: 500Registered Users
    My bets:

Lizards:

I'd like Kroak but Tehenhuain (thank you for the spelling), is most likely, there are several predominantly skink units missing which incidentally comprise the LM's best ranged units and low tier options for some other things not currently in the roster.

HE:

Again i'd like Alarielle, (and yes where the hell is Ariel for WE, hopefully the pair come in a pack together), but given the lack of shadow warriors i'd bet on their King dude, (name escapes me.

DE:

Could go either way, Hellborn or Malus IMO, Hellborn has her palace and we could see a greater variety of Witch Elf units if she arrives, (lore wise the WE use a lot of different poisons though TT restricted the fancy ones to characters for simplicity), Not sure what Malus could bring, i think the DE roster is pretty complete.

Skaven:

I'd heard Thanquol had been denied by CA as first skaven DLC lord and where missing quite a few clan Skyre units, (Jezzails, Rattling Guns as a minimum, probably more i forgot). Don't know a lot about Skaven but if they have any special character warlock engineers then they'd make obvious choices.
  • Arcani_4_EverArcani_4_Ever Junior Member Posts: 1,308Registered Users
    Dark Elves

- Crone Hellebron, the Blood Queen of Har Ganeth (She is likely the content coming with the Blood Pack, so FLC for those that own Part 1, DLC for those that don't)

- Malus Darkblade, the Tyrant of Hag Graef (He is probably DLC)

- Lokhir Fellhear, the Kraken Lord (Probably FLC, The unique trait is that he starts with a Black Ark from turn 1, meaning he can get 2 by turn 25 if he has the building chain.)

High Elves

- Alarielle, the Everqueen (Probably FLC)

- Alith Anar, the Shadow King (DLC together with Malus Darkblade in a Lord Pack)

- Eltharion the Grim, Warden of Tor Yvresse (Another Lord Pack, Greenskins vs High Elves)

Lizardmen

- Venerable Lord Kroak, the First Slann, Defender of Itza (FLC if he comes solo. DLC if we also get Relic Priests as Lords)

- Tehenhauin, the Prophet of Sotek (DLC, he is getting his own Lord Pack, we might even get Skink Oracles as Lords)

- Gor-Rok, the Great White Lizard (FLC)

Skaven

- Grey Seer Thanquol, Agent of the Council of 13 ( DLC The other Lord that will come with the Prophet of Sotek DLC, likely insired on the events of the Temple of the Serpent from the Thanquol Book Series)

- Ikit Claw, Chief Warlock Engineer of Clan Skryre (DLC, together with Clan Skryre as a new Clan and all their Weapon Teams)

- Throt the Unclean, Master Mutator of Clan Moulder (DLC, together with Clan Moulder as a new Clan and all their mutations and creations. Likely coming together with Ikit Claw as a Skaven Lord Pack)

- Deathmaster Snikch, Shadow Agent of Clan Eshin (FLC since we pretty much already have all the Rat Ninja units.)

- Skreech Verminking, the Rat King, Favoured of the Great Horned Rat (FLC for Part 3! Daemons of the Great Horned Rat as new faction!)
  • GeldorGeldor Posts: 1,056Registered Users
    Draxynnic said:

First, the line of Caledor is one of the most significant in Elven history, alongside (albeit slightly behind) that of Aenarion and the Everqueens. It deserves representation.

Second, with the High Elves being billed as the dragon-focused faction, it really should have a dragon-oriented LL.

Third, the 8E fluff about Imrik raising the Caledorians to fight both across Ulthuan and overseas gives a good excuse justification to give Imrik a starting position away from Ulthuan.

If they do that - I hope he comes with the Dragon Mage. I really would love to have a fire mage for the HE, and a flying mage.

I think though, it'll be Alarielle and Alith Anar.
    Geldor said:

Draxynnic said:

If they do that - I hope he comes with the Dragon Mage. I really would love to have a fire mage for the HE, and a flying mage.

I think though, it'll be Alarielle and Alith Anar.
    Alarielle and Alith Anar are probably the prime contenders, yes. Alarielle in particular is hard to justify a start position outside of Ulthuan, though, and it's possible that we'll see five - in which case, I personally think Imrik makes more sense than Eltharion for a number of reasons.

It also wouldn't surprise me if the reason that the High Elves don't currently have a Fire Mage is because they've been holding that off until it can be done as a Dragon Mage.
  • GeldorGeldor Posts: 1,056Registered Users
    Crossing all fingers that this true. If we get the Dragon Mage and an Archmage, I'd be super-happy.

And I agree, Imrik would be great. Just sadly lots of good options for most races, so we'll always miss something. But you are right, if we'd get Alith in the Shadowlands, Alarielle in Averlorn and Eltharion in Yvresse, kind of cluttered for game2.

Alith of course could start somewhere in Naggaroth too. Alarielle, as you say, hard to see her starting anywhere outside of Ulthuan.
  • BiesBies Junior Member Posts: 590Registered Users
    Dark elves - hellebron with paid Dlc including new units, malus with Flc
    Khaela Furdiekh Mensha Farmiekh Khaine!

• PetromirPetromir Senior Member Posts: 2,030Registered Users
    Talmorean said:

Ariel has locked herself in the Oak of Ages in the 8th Edition lore. She doesn't come out until the ET, and CA has stated they aren't using that.

It's also irrelevant under CA's "Rule of Cool" where they state if a character is cool there are ways round the Lore, as Vlad was so dead he required Nagash wasn't it to resurrect him (and that's end time lore). Emerging from self imposed hermit status is therefore peanuts to hand-wave through.

That said as a TWW1 race LL she's not a missing TWW2 character.
  • HarconnHarconn Posts: 643Registered Users
    Everqueen!!! And plz Ariel for WE, too.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________

My German Youtube-Channel - Let's Plays (Strategy, RPG, Indie,...): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChwblqvwr8XxKP0GzCcUb8Q
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 7,573Registered Users
    Petromir said:

Talmorean said:

It's also irrelevant under CA's "Rule of Cool"
    She's not cool enough to re-write history for.

Vlad is.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 6,512Registered Users
    edited October 17
    High Elves: Given that we have a ritual site (Shrine of the Widowmaker) near Avalorn AND Naggarythe... Alith Anar or Allarielle are both possible. I am of the opinion that we need to look at locations where an extra currency ritual site is located and/or where ten slot capitols are.

Imrik is a big no because Caledor is so insignificant in the campaign, not to mention target number one for Tyrion.

Eltharion could be doable. Send him to the badlands or something, fight Tomb Kings and Orcs. But Eh. I dunno. I don't see him starting in Ulthuan and crowding it so. Just doesn't seem likely to me.

Dark Elves: Hellebron is mentioned often in the campaign, but Ghrond is a ritual site and Malekith goes for it pretty quick. Still might be good and not including her would be a big oversight in my mind.

Malus Darkblade is... likely. He's easy to make and Hag Grief is near to both Ghrond and the other ritual site to the South.

Fellheart? Not until we get Black Ark Fleetmasters, and since they're just discount Dreadlords... I don't see it being too likely.

Shadowblade, aside from actually being a character in the campaign story I believe, is an assassin and has no reason to lead armies. That misses the point.

Skaven: Thanquol eventually. No Thanquol is likely to be a travesty.

Ikit Claw: Skaven Vader seems plausible, I could see him coming with Jezzails and some of the other weapons teams. Clan Skryre is on the map in an interesting position, I believe, relatively near to ritual sites.

Throt the Unclean: I'm feeling like he is potentially the FLC lord because he doesn't need to come with anything in order to properly represent Moulder. What are we missing from them? Some rat sized dogs maybe, a swarm unit that we won't get because swarms are awful, and a Packmaster. Admittedly, that could work as DLC too... just doesn't seem as juicy as Ikit.

Snicikit or whatever his name is... Assassin problem.

Lizardmen: Tenenhuain. Almost a certainty. Other than that? Hard to tell, lots of options.
  • Overlord87Overlord87 Posts: 608Registered Users
    Eltharion might start in Naggaroth, as he is the only High Elf to ever raid Naggarond and live to tell the tale. That would make Grom really unlikely, though, or at least it's unlikely the two could be linked together.
  • BiesBies Junior Member Posts: 590Registered Users
    Canuovea said:

High Elves: Given that we have a ritual site (Shrine of the Widowmaker) near Avalorn AND Naggarythe... Alith Anar or Allarielle are both possible. I am of the opinion that we need to look at locations where an extra currency ritual site is located and/or where ten slot capitols are.

Imrik is a big no because Caledor is so insignificant in the campaign, not to mention target number one for Tyrion.

Eltharion could be doable. Send him to the badlands or something, fight Tomb Kings and Orcs. But Eh. I dunno. I don't see him starting in Ulthuan and crowding it so. Just doesn't seem likely to me.

Dark Elves: Hellebron is mentioned often in the campaign, but Ghrond is a ritual site and Malekith goes for it pretty quick. Still might be good and not including her would be a big oversight in my mind.

Malus Darkblade is... likely. He's easy to make and Hag Grief is near to both Ghrond and the other ritual site to the South.

Fellheart? Not until we get Black Ark Fleetmasters, and since they're just discount Dreadlords... I don't see it being too likely.

Shadowblade, aside from actually being a character in the campaign story I believe, is an assassin and has no reason to lead armies. That misses the point.

Skaven: Thanquol eventually. No Thanquol is likely to be a travesty.

Ikit Claw: Skaven Vader seems plausible, I could see him coming with Jezzails and some of the other weapons teams. Clan Skryre is on the map in an interesting position, I believe, relatively near to ritual sites.

Throt the Unclean: I'm feeling like he is potentially the FLC lord because he doesn't need to come with anything in order to properly represent Moulder. What are we missing from them? Some rat sized dogs maybe, a swarm unit that we won't get because swarms are awful, and a Packmaster. Admittedly, that could work as DLC too... just doesn't seem as juicy as Ikit.

Snicikit or whatever his name is... Assassin problem.

Lizardmen: Tenenhuain. Almost a certainty. Other than that? Hard to tell, lots of options.

Hellebron is a must / she is third most important person in dark elves society / we have already here palace in the game
    Khaela Furdiekh Mensha Farmiekh Khaine!

Canuovea said:

Caledor really shouldn't be so insignificant, but the campaign is what it is. (You really shouldn't be encouraged to unite Ulthuan by the sword to begin with... *sigh*)

However, as I've said previously: the 8E lore about Imrik getting the Caledorians to wage war further afield provides a good reason to put him pretty much wherever CA wants to, while also explaining how Caledor can be a pushover for Tyrion rather than being possibly the strongest kingdom militarily as it is in lore.

(It's also worth noting that neither Imrik or Eltharion are the leaders for their respective provinces, unlike the provinces of the Empire that are ruled by their Elector Counts. This could simply be a matter of CA keeping their options open, though.)

Eltharion might start in Naggaroth, as he is the only High Elf to ever raid Naggarond and live to tell the tale. That would make Grom really unlikely, though, or at least it's unlikely the two could be linked together.

To be honest, I've always considered a cross-game Grom versus Eltharion pack to be highly unlikely, particularly in the context of the Vortex campaign where greenskins play a fairly minor role.
  • RzeźbiarzRzeźbiarz Junior Member Posts: 57Registered Users
    Lord Kroak city of Itsca(not syre if i spell it right) have 10 slots so my bet are on Kroak and Prophet ( missing skinks lord) for Lizardman.

For skaven Ikit and Thanquol are the safe bet. Because of popularity and missing clan Skryre units.

For he Alith Anar because there are missing his units and north site of Ulthuan have lot of enemy's and would be interesting location.
    Allariel would be my second bet but her localisation is boring. So maybe some expedition force with One in or Eltharion on other continent.

For Dr safe bet is Hellbron missing units, important character and rivalry with both Alith Anar(he killed her sister) and Alariel. Second choice would be Malus
    Carl_Bar said:

My bets:

Lizards:

I'd like Kroak but Tehenhuain (thank you for the spelling), is most likely, there are several predominantly skink units missing which incidentally comprise the LM's best ranged units and low tier options for some other things not currently in the roster.

There will be at least two (DLC rivalry + FLC from chart), so You just agree with everyone. Tehenhuain + Kroak :)
    Carl_Bar said:

HE:

Again i'd like Alarielle, (and yes where the hell is Ariel for WE, hopefully the pair come in a pack together), but given the lack of shadow warriors i'd bet on their King dude, (name escapes me.

Sisters of Avelorn are also missing, so are Skycutters. None of these units fit one certain theme so it doesn't really matter what lord will get added as some units isn't gonna fit him/her anyway.
    Carl_Bar said:

DE:

Could go either way, Hellborn or Malus IMO, Hellborn has her palace and we could see a greater variety of Witch Elf units if she arrives, (lore wise the WE use a lot of different poisons though TT restricted the fancy ones to characters for simplicity), Not sure what Malus could bring, i think the DE roster is pretty complete.

DE roster is the most incomplete ones in the game. Zero lategame powerhouses, zero elite unites. We lack Medusas and Bloodwrack Shrines, we lack Doomfire Warlocks (most powerfull DE unit ever if You ask me), we lack Kharibdyss (no it's not upgraded hydra, it might be visually but stat wise it's entirely different unit with different lore), we lack Sisters of Slaughter, etc. Worst. Roster. Ever. PERIOD!
    Carl_Bar said:

Skaven:

I'd heard Thanquol had been denied by CA as first skaven DLC lord and where missing quite a few clan Skyre units, (Jezzails, Rattling Guns as a minimum, probably more i forgot). Don't know a lot about Skaven but if they have any special character warlock engineers then they'd make obvious choices.

Ikit Claw is Skryre Lord (the "warlock guy" as You said it) and yes, everyone assumes it will be him in FLC chart, now that we know Thanquol is either DLC or far future FLC, but certainly not the one we see on chart.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 5,537Registered Users
    edited October 17

DE roster is the most incomplete ones in the game. Zero lategame powerhouses, zero elite unites. We lack Medusas and Bloodwrack Shrines, we lack Doomfire Warlocks (most powerfull DE unit ever if You ask me), we lack Kharibdyss (no it's not upgraded hydra, it might be visually but stat wise it's entirely different unit with different lore), we lack Sisters of Slaughter, etc. Worst. Roster. Ever. PERIOD!

No lategame Powerhouses, no ELite Units?
    WHAT THE HECK ARE EXECUTIONERS AND BLACK GUARD? WHAT ARE HYDRAS AND BLACK DRAGONS?

the Druchii are lacking RARE Unit choices not LATEGAME ELITE Units...

afaik the Doomfire warlocks had also been rather badly received by the community, because it's basically Dark Eldar in Fantasy
    Every wrong is recorded! Every slight against us! Page after Page, etched in blood! Clan Gunnison! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef

Yes! to Boris Todbringer as playable, subfaction leading Legendary Lord with Starting Position Middenheim instead for the Empire! NO to the lazy way of moving Gelt and Volkmar who both belong to Reikland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 7,573Registered Users
    edited October 17
    Literally every unit from pre-8th edition.

No late game units? Lmao.

Worst roster? Lmao.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~