Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

We need some Justice for Norsca.

DarizukaDarizuka Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 647
Yes. We need a true champion of Norsca.
No, Wulfrik isnt a champion of Norsca.
No, Edgelord Archaon isnt a champion of Norsca.

Lord Mortkin is the one and true champion of Norsca.
Who is he? you ask?

Lord Mortkin, also known as the Black-Iron Reaver, was a mighty King of the Norscans and the commander of a fearsome army of Norse warriors known as the Fell Legion. He is primarily notable for his long and devastating campaign against Ostland and Nordland in 2515 IC, where he slaughtered the entire province in an orgy of bloody revenge in retribution for the destruction of countless Norse villages along the coastlands of Norsca by Elector Count Valmir von Raukov. During the war, Mortkin destroyed the ancestral seat of the von Raukov line, razed the cities of Kludburgh, Volganof and Saltraken, and personally slew the heir of the von Raukov house, Oleg von Raukov, in personal combat.

But what actually makes him stand out?
His trials to be an everchosen werent all cheesy, boring writings that are overexhaggeratingly overxhaggerated.
And despite all odds; He actually does something which is believable and threatening without the over reliance of the Chaos Gods' blessing.

And all for what? Bringing the world's End? Trying to make Age of Sigmar happened and become a demi-god?
No.

To Honor an Oath he took. A Wergild.

So after literally standing on the thin line of Unleashing the Hordes of Chaos Daemons and bringing the end of the world or not...

Despite being filled with all 4 Gods Blessings and having everything at his disposal.
What does Mortkin do?

He dropped his weapon.
He stopped everything.
and merely uttered..

"Wergild is paid. Let Volganof burn to pay for my home of Ulfennik. Never again will I return there. My saga is ended. I choose now to die as a man, my will my own. I go now, too late mayhaps, to the halls of my fathers."
—Lord Mortkin

Then allow enemy soldiers to kill him as he sat idly by.

Which in essence
he symbolically middle fingered his four patron Gods after they blessed him and chose him to be their unifying champion.
Prioritizing his honor as a Norscan, and his pride as a Norscan above all.
and showing the Southern lands that Norscans arent savages; but a proud race of people. even if they are easily corrupted by Chaos and easily influenced by Chaos; they are Proud sons and daughters of Norsca.

Comments

• CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 14,354
    Well, they're Chaos Worshippers now and spread and rely on Chaos Corruption. It is pretty much done with. So no, I feel that this is unlikely. It would be nice... but only after we've gotten so very much more.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • GamgeeGamgee Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,912
    Cool. No reason they can’t. Just make him a sub-faction who isn’t chaos aligned but might use more of an oaths system and honour.
  • MrMecHMrMecH Registered Users Posts: 2,297

SHUT UP GIVE US GHORGON!!!!!

• DarizukaDarizuka Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 647
    Canuovea said:

Well, they're Chaos Worshippers now and spread and rely on Chaos Corruption. It is pretty much done with. So no, I feel that this is unlikely. It would be nice... but only after we've gotten so very much more.

He is Chaos
    and he does spread chaos corruption
    even fielding a few hosts of daemons and monsters
    but the differing end being that

in the end he died since he honored his oath.
    and turned his back on his Chaos Gods' demands

I mean he's one of those Norscans that in all due honesty dont suck up to the Chaos Gods. Despite being raised in their worship and being blessed by all 4 Chaos Gods for his deeds.
  • seienchinseienchin Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,572
    edited October 2017
    Lets agree to disagree on Mortkins story.
    I hate it. It is really silly.
    Its personal taste though.
  • SkalliSkalli Registered Users Posts: 107
    We still need Norsca siege maps!

They are my favourite race and it is annoying that CA ignored this part. Even if you conquer a capital like Altdorf you will get an open field battle. Why should a few hundreds marauders fight a open field battle vs thousand of enemies if they live in a walled city?
  • Barrel02Barrel02 Registered Users Posts: 92
    Wow someone found the WHFB-Wiki article on Lord Mortkin and got a bit overexcited. Congrats, still there are much more important things to change/add than him.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,698
    edited October 2017
    Pff... Mortkin...we need the Everchariot SURTHA EK! As Proper LL! With a Unique Chariot mount! :tongue:
    Post edited by TheGuardianOfMetal on
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN! TOTAL WAR TROY FOR ONE YEAR EXCLUSIVELY ON THE EPIC GAMES STORE!"

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • Neolucifer2000Neolucifer2000 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 956
    Darizuka said:

Yes. We need a true champion of Norsca.
    No, Wulfrik isnt a champion of Norsca.
    No, Edgelord Archaon isnt a champion of Norsca.

Lord Mortkin is the one and true champion of Norsca.
    Who is he? you ask?

Lord Mortkin, also known as the Black-Iron Reaver, was a mighty King of the Norscans and the commander of a fearsome army of Norse warriors known as the Fell Legion. He is primarily notable for his long and devastating campaign against Ostland and Nordland in 2515 IC, where he slaughtered the entire province in an orgy of bloody revenge in retribution for the destruction of countless Norse villages along the coastlands of Norsca by Elector Count Valmir von Raukov. During the war, Mortkin destroyed the ancestral seat of the von Raukov line, razed the cities of Kludburgh, Volganof and Saltraken, and personally slew the heir of the von Raukov house, Oleg von Raukov, in personal combat.

But what actually makes him stand out?
    His trials to be an everchosen werent all cheesy, boring writings that are overexhaggeratingly overxhaggerated.
    And despite all odds; He actually does something which is believable and threatening without the over reliance of the Chaos Gods' blessing.

And all for what? Bringing the world's End? Trying to make Age of Sigmar happened and become a demi-god?
    No.

To Honor an Oath he took. A Wergild.

So after literally standing on the thin line of Unleashing the Hordes of Chaos Daemons and bringing the end of the world or not...

Despite being filled with all 4 Gods Blessings and having everything at his disposal.
    What does Mortkin do?

He dropped his weapon.
    He stopped everything.
    and merely uttered..

"Wergild is paid. Let Volganof burn to pay for my home of Ulfennik. Never again will I return there. My saga is ended. I choose now to die as a man, my will my own. I go now, too late mayhaps, to the halls of my fathers."
    —Lord Mortkin

Then allow enemy soldiers to kill him as he sat idly by.

Which in essence
    he symbolically middle fingered his four patron Gods after they blessed him and chose him to be their unifying champion.
    Prioritizing his honor as a Norscan, and his pride as a Norscan above all.
    and showing the Southern lands that Norscans arent savages; but a proud race of people. even if they are easily corrupted by Chaos and easily influenced by Chaos; they are Proud sons and daughters of Norsca.

The loyalty of lord mortkin belongs to his people not the chaos gods...that is why CA should add him as third norscan LL...he is truelly admirable...i was shocked that he was not added,

Demand more love for Empire and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Built-in RoR like Hochland Long Rifles and Knightly orders! Doombull, Wargor, Ghorgon, Jabberslythe, Tuskboar chariot and God-specific Gors! #MakeOldWorldGreatAgain
    Barrel02 said:

Wow someone found the WHFB-Wiki article on Lord Mortkin and got a bit overexcited. Congrats, still there are much more important things to change/add than him.

Actually; I read him long before CA even touched Warhammer.
    I had the hardcopy books.

• FranzSaxonFranzSaxon Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    Darizuka said:

Barrel02 said:

Yeah, idiots like him came over here from world of Warcraft and have the balls to say **** like that. Or maybe call of duty infinite warfare since his name is barrel. Ever heard of Warhammer books or lore barrel? Do you..know what a book is? Those things you...open and..read?

Darizuka said:

Barrel02 said:

Yeah, idiots like him came over here from world of Warcraft and have the balls to say **** like that. Or maybe call of duty infinite warfare since his name is barrel. Ever heard of Warhammer books or lore barrel? Do you..know what a book is? Those things you...open and..read?
    its alright
    i dont think he's into Norscans as much
    I mean i also show a lack of knowledge on certain lores which doesnt interest me as much so.
    But thats only to a few minor races and Tau of 40k
    Warhammer Fantasy I enjoyed it all, Including Drachenfels.
    A name many people new to Warhammer Fantasy wouldnt know.
    Darizuka said:

Darizuka said:

Barrel02 said:

its alright
    I mean i also show a lack of knowledge on certain lores which doesnt interest me as much so.
    Its not that. He insulted you passive aggressively. No need for that. You were just excited about a character.
  • BrakierBrakier Registered Users Posts: 1,528
    edited October 2017
    Mortkin

the art i could find of him, dont know if all are correct.

Brakier said:

Mortkin

the art i could find of him, dont know if all are correct.
    So badass
  • MarauderChieftainMarauderChieftain Registered Users Posts: 41
    **** i just want norsca on ME launch BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

**** i just want norsca on ME launch BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hahaha

Darizuka said:

Darizuka said:

Barrel02 said:

its alright
    Its not that. He insulted you passive aggressively. No need for that. You were just excited about a character.
    I know he was.
    But thats why i didnt need to respond in kind.
    I mean, do we even need to acknowledge people who feel the need to insult others online for no reason?

He's just trying to provoke a response to feel validated.

• KGpoopyKGpoopy Registered Users Posts: 2,009
    Lord Mortkin, the true king of Norsca !
    If he gets in I hope they give him the giant battle axe, his white hair and face revealed instead of a helmet.
    Darizuka said:

Darizuka said:

Darizuka said:

Barrel02 said:

its alright
    I know he was.
    But thats why i didnt need to respond in kind.
    I mean, do we even need to acknowledge people who feel the need to insult others online for no reason?

He's just trying to provoke a response to feel validated.

So true. I can take a lesson from your calmness. Lol
  • sieahsieah Registered Users Posts: 968
    wait im sorry but i wasnt paying attention, so we dont get Wulfrik with ME release?
    My mammoths wont stomp the lizardmen stephen hawkings on their silly floating chairs?
  • blaatblaat Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,127
    sieah said:

wait im sorry but i wasnt paying attention, so we dont get Wulfrik with ME release?
    My mammoths wont stomp the lizardmen stephen hawkings on their silly floating chairs?

nope they said it was due different teams having different development schedules

snip

It's much easier and more fun to get engrossed in lore that takes itself seriously and tries to make sense within its own frame of reference.

the reason I prefer LOTR over warhammer fantasy and 40k

I am dutch so if you like to have a talk in dutch shoot me a PM :)
  • Barrel02Barrel02 Registered Users Posts: 92
    Ok no need to get personal guys, no doubt there are many awesome characters in Warhammer lore but this seems like it is just one of the many threads about a character that, in op's eyes should be added very urgently and most of them are characters without any rules, with sometimes barely any background (not the case for Mortkin though), that are support characters, are already dead, are so old that they don't fit the lore of 8th edition or are not even canon any more. And most of the reasoning is: HE/SHE/IT IS AWESOME, SO ADD THEM PLS!
    And as I stated before I believe there are much more urgent things to fix/add to the game than another probably unpopular/unknown lord, that adds barely any gameplay value apart from the already existing LL's and generic lords. I know there is something like Ghorst in the game but tbh I don't really think we needed him either.
    Darizuka said:

Darizuka said:

its alright
    And just for clarification, I played WHFB tabletop for many years, did not read most of the books though but know quite a bit about the lore. Yes I played WoW but I prefer the Warhammer universe by far, no CoD is not my thing, when it comes to shooters I prefer Battlefield or CSGO. It has nothing to do with Norscans, as a fan of Chaos I really like the northern tribes and their background.
    So especially Saxon take a chill-pill and read a good book, this always helps me to calm down.
    @Darizuka if this post offended you that much, I'm sorry for that and mature reaction of you.

blaat said:

sieah said:

nope they said it was due different teams having different development schedules
    O_O how does that work?
    O_O its from TW:W1...

Wha?
  • blaatblaat Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,127
    Darizuka said:

blaat said:

sieah said:

O_O how does that work?

Wha?
    it is made using game 2 budget and by the DLC team which seems to work at another pace than the WH2 game team which is making ME now

snip

It's much easier and more fun to get engrossed in lore that takes itself seriously and tries to make sense within its own frame of reference.

the reason I prefer LOTR over warhammer fantasy and 40k

I am dutch so if you like to have a talk in dutch shoot me a PM :)
    blaat said:

Darizuka said:

blaat said:

sieah said:

O_O how does that work?

Wha?
    it is made using game 2 budget and by the DLC team which seems to work at another pace than the WH2 game team which is making ME now
    this is outrageously unnerving.
    Barrel02 said:

Ok no need to get personal guys, no doubt there are many awesome characters in Warhammer lore but this seems like it is just one of the many threads about a character that, in op's eyes should be added very urgently and most of them are characters without any rules, with sometimes barely any background (not the case for Mortkin though), that are support characters, are already dead, are so old that they don't fit the lore of 8th edition or are not even canon any more. And most of the reasoning is: HE/SHE/IT IS AWESOME, SO ADD THEM PLS!
    And as I stated before I believe there are much more urgent things to fix/add to the game than another probably unpopular/unknown lord, that adds barely any gameplay value apart from the already existing LL's and generic lords. I know there is something like Ghorst in the game but tbh I don't really think we needed him either.

Darizuka said:

Darizuka said:

its alright
    And just for clarification, I played WHFB tabletop for many years, did not read most of the books though but know quite a bit about the lore. Yes I played WoW but I prefer the Warhammer universe by far, no CoD is not my thing, when it comes to shooters I prefer Battlefield or CSGO. It has nothing to do with Norscans, as a fan of Chaos I really like the northern tribes and their background.
    So especially Saxon take a chill-pill and read a good book, this always helps me to calm down.
    @Darizuka if this post offended you that much, I'm sorry for that and mature reaction of you.

I respect the apology. I apologize as well I was just tired last night. We are all one community
    edited October 2017
    Darizuka said:

blaat said:

Darizuka said:

blaat said:

sieah said:

O_O how does that work?

Wha?
    Yeah how does that work...that's why Im keeping wh1 installed guys. We might be annoyed with ME at release. Im not chancing it. I need my wh1 fleshed out like it is
    Post edited by FranzSaxon on

Darizuka said:

blaat said:

Darizuka said:

blaat said:

sieah said:

O_O how does that work?

Wha?
    Yeah how does that work...that's why Im keeping wWH2installed guys. We might be annoyed with ME at release. Im not chancing it. I need my wh1 fleshed out like it is
    I have my WH1 still installed.
    I NEED THE BLOOD AND GORE
    ELSE ITS NOT A WAR GAME.
    Darizuka said:

Darizuka said:

blaat said:

Darizuka said:

blaat said:

sieah said:

O_O how does that work?

Wha?
    Yeah how does that work...that's why Im keeping wWH2installed guys. We might be annoyed with ME at release. Im not chancing it. I need my wh1 fleshed out like it is
    I have my WH1 still installed.
    I NEED THE BLOOD AND GORE
    ELSE ITS NOT A WAR GAME.
    Exactlyyy