Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

What is Mortal Empires?

CA_WhelanCA_Whelan Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff, Community Team Posts: 681
Some stats and facts to sate your appetite on the build up to Mortal Empires!

Comments

• TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,399
    edited October 2017

0:21

BORIS, WHILE MENTIONING LLS! FOR MIDDENLAND! FOR ULRIC!

"As long as the fire of the Great Temple lasts, Middenheim and Middenland will never fall."

—Boris Todbringer, Elector of Middenheim[1a]

Boris Todbringer, known by his full title as Elector Count Boris Todbringer, Graf of Middenheim, Grand Duke of Middenland, Prince of Carroburg, Protector of the Drakwald, Warden of the Middle Mountains, Beloved of Ulric,[8a]
    #RIP BORIS! KILLED BY CA AND GW WITH SHORTSIGHTED CRUELTY JUST TO SHOVE KOSTALTYN DOWN OUR THROATS!

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • Derfel82Derfel82 Registered Users Posts: 122
    @CA_Whelan please, don't be cruel.... you can't show Todbringer right in the exact moment you talk about legendary lords..... ;_;
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,991
    @CA_Whelan That is Boris Todbringer right?
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 10,281
    Tis gonna be a ball!
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 5,725
    The Boris hype just got very real!

"Yum Yum"
  • OMGitsJoemoOMGitsJoemo Registered Users Posts: 96
    edited October 2017
    BORIS **** TODBRINGER!

PLS CA WE NEED HIM
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,399
    CA, you wouldn't want to disappoint these guys... would you? WOULD YOU?!?

#RIP BORIS! KILLED BY CA AND GW WITH SHORTSIGHTED CRUELTY JUST TO SHOVE KOSTALTYN DOWN OUR THROATS!

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • BlaeysBlaeys Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,102
    I wouldn't read too much into Boris showing up alongside legendary lords in this video. Oftentimes, these videos are developed by people outside the development team who are just looking for a good visual - not an accurate representation of what is going to be in the game. My guess is his inclusion wasn't meant to indicate anything other than a designer thinking he looked good in that shot.

It is likely we will get him eventually (hopefully), but I wouldn't expect him Thursday.
  • LestaTLestaT Senior Member Kuala LumpurRegistered Users Posts: 3,318
    Well, he is playable in MP already.
  • NopeacejustwarNopeacejustwar Registered Users Posts: 1,246
    What is mortal empires?

Not finished.....

Sorry couldn’t resist. I’ll see myself out.

• DerpyRoxasDerpyRoxas Registered Users Posts: 3,343
    I made a thread about this in the past. Seems I was right if they release Boris and Red Duke for ME.
  • CA_WhelanCA_Whelan Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff, Community Team Posts: 681
    Boris is available in multiplayer/custom battles, that's why he's included in the video. Calm down guys!
  • BiesBies Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,482
    edited October 2017
    Now we know what special task team was doing after norsca ^^
    CA_Whelan said:

Boris is available in multiplayer/custom battles, that's why he's included in the video. Calm down guys!

Lies !! It cannot be / hype train just left station =P

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

edited October 2017
    Blaeys said:

I wouldn't read too much into Boris showing up alongside legendary lords in this video. Oftentimes, these videos are developed by people outside the development team who are just looking for a good visual - not an accurate representation of what is going to be in the game. My guess is his inclusion wasn't meant to indicate anything other than a designer thinking he looked good in that shot.

It is likely we will get him eventually (hopefully), but I wouldn't expect him Thursday.

Yeah... i wouldn't be surprised if the guys making the Video found Boris in the Lord selection screen of the Empire or so and went "OK, He's an Empire LL, lets include him. He fits more with Tyrion etc. than Gelt or Volkmar"

But still BELOVED OF ULRIC OR RIOT!
    CA_Whelan said:

The answer we don't want

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
    CA_Whelan said:

Grrr, release him from the multiplayer cage and we will grant the Team the Sigmar's Blessing!
  • SchwarzhelmSchwarzhelm Registered Users Posts: 2,194
    CA_Whelan said:

NEVER!
    Boris hype train here we come!

• Phoenix99Phoenix99 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,061
    CA is trolling us, they like to troll their audience once in a while ;) Brois is available only in MP, at least in the foreseeable future (so until Norsca gets implemented and their next big DLC comes in)
  • MrJadeMrJade Senior Member Lansing, MIRegistered Users Posts: 7,165
    Anyone who said that CA wouldn't troll us was just proved wrong. See, while my Skaven prediction was wrong, the premise wasn't.
    Thrones of Britannia: 69/100
    Warhammer II: 73/100
    Warhammer: 79/100
    Attila: 70/100 [Age of Charlemagne: 72/100]
    Rome II: 49/100
    Shogun II: 93/100 [Fall of the Samurai: 95/100]
    Napoleon: 58/100
    Empire: 53/100
    Medieval II: 90/100 [Kingdoms: 90/100]
    Rome I: 88/100
    Medieval I: 92/100
    Shogun I: 84/100
  • Arcani_4_EverArcani_4_Ever Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,721
    Plz playable Boris and Red Duke! I need them!
  • Overlord87Overlord87 Registered Users Posts: 872
    The hype train has departed, and it has no brakes.
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,492
    CA_Whelan said:

Empire 3
    Dwarfs 4
    O&G 4
    VC 5
    Brets 3
    WE 2
    WoC 3
    BoC 3
    Norsca 2
    =29
    =27

+
    HE 2
    DE 2
    Skaven 2
    Lizards 2
    =35

So far so good.

But if "Boris" as MP Lord should be included....
    +Boris
    +Red Duke
    +Sarthorael
    =38?

------Red Dox

• OMGitsJoemoOMGitsJoemo Registered Users Posts: 96
    CA_Whelan said:

I sad now :'(
    btw
    CA_Whelan said:

that reason is a bit like saying:

"Mongols, Timurids and Atztecs are usable in multiplayer/custom battles in Medieval II" After a video like the Mortal Empires video has been made, showing these three factions while talking about the number of playable factions

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,991
    CA, there's a news...

• LestaTLestaT Senior Member Kuala LumpurRegistered Users Posts: 3,318
    CA_Whelan said:

By default now or still need Beastmen DLC and completed the campaign?
  • PLHenryPLHenry Registered Users Posts: 1,442
    I agree, we need old one-eye as an LL, rather than ignoring lore by moving Volkmar or Balthasar Gelt to get a second imperial start position.

Though I'd still rather Mad Marius Leitdorf. They could give him an incredibly fun set of skills and campaign mechanics to do with his madness, we could have his horse in the advisor panel, we could declare wars on bees and fishmen, and cause bretonnia to launch crusades because we call their wifes ugly. That's the kind of campaign I want. :D
    PaulH said:

Though I'd still rather Mad Marius Leitdorf. They could give him an incredibly fun set of skills and campaign mechanics to do with his madness, we could have his horse in the advisor panel, we could declare wars on bees and fishmen, and cause bretonnia to launch crusades because we call their wifes ugly. That's the kind of campaign I want. :D

Why not both?

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 12,291

What is mortal empires?

Not finished.....

Sorry couldn’t resist. I’ll see myself out.

Which means a lot of cuts for the new world's map and lack of updates for the old world's factions.